4p t15 vs 2p + 2x heroic thunderforged, need some help.

So i am currently sporting 4p t15 for the awesome bonus for fire, everything but the shoulders are non heroic aka 522 ilevel, on the other hand, i have the:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=96806 - Crystal-Claw Gloves
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=96771 - Flamecaster's Burning Crown

Lying waiting in my bags, both heroic thunderforged, was just wondering if i should start using these 2 items over the 4p bonus or if the 4p bonus is that good.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hemanse/simple my armory profile if that should help.

Thanks in advance!

If you have the tier pants you should use the Burning crown with 4p bound around that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSirius View Post
    If you have the tier pants you should use the Burning crown with 4p bound around that.
    Yeah that is my plan when i am able to get them, raiding 10 man is just a pain, protection drops almost every time, i am just wondering up until then, if it would be a good idea to skip the 4p and put on the 2 pieces.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 11:00 PM ----------

Would still love some input on this, im not much of a theorycrafter the 4p just seems too good to miss out on, on the other hand, 2 very big upgrades on those 2 items.
    Last edited by Hemanse; 2013-05-24 at 11:00 PM.

For fire, I wouldn't drop 4 set. I pretty much agree with hemanse, try to use burning crown as your off-piece when you can.

sry for necro, but im in a similar situation, i got the crown hc thunderforged and im gonna use that. what i wonder is this.
    is it worth to use hc jinrok shoulders and jikun hc chest over the 2 normal teirpieces there? (trading 4set for 26ilvls)?

unless u can get more then 6.5% crit which is what the 4p gives to pryoblast its not worth dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by henzington View Post
    unless u can get more then 6.5% crit which is what the 4p gives to pryoblast its not worth dropping.
    Well you would need to find the value of all stats that are different, not just 6.5% pyro crit. But even that is just a direct comparison of stats vs stats and since Pyro crits are integral to a Fire Mages rotation you may not get a full picture of how losing the 4p will affect overall game play.

But once you get to that point its probably even worth using 4 TF items since the 2p is much worse than 4p. Have fun with RNG to even begin testing the difference of all 549 vs 4p 543 in real raid situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    Yeah that is my plan when i am able to get them, raiding 10 man is just a pain, protection drops almost every time
    Glad to know my guild isn't the only one.

Our split:

65% Protector (We have 2)
    30% Vanquisher (We have 5)
    5% Conqueror (We have 3)

Our Shaman already has ALL THREE 5P SPECS before some Conq even have their 4P.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.