Poll: How do you react?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see why I'd care except for the noise. But if it opened up practically right next door, the only proper solution is vengeance.

SHOOTING RAAAAAAAAAANGE!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I would much rather have 1000 gun ranges with instructors that can teach people how to shoot and all about gun safety instead of having scared ass soccer-moms shooting with their eyes closed because a cat knocked over the trash-cans and they thought it was a burglar...

And I'm against guns in general (for the civilian), guns kill people. More guns = more death, simple fact.
    Then why have crime rates gone up in the United Kingdom since they banned guns?

Why is it that while crime rates are going down, gun ownership rates are going up in the United States?

Why is Australia reporting that their gun ban hasn't affected their crime rates at all?

Why are Chicago and DC reporting that crime rates have gone up since initiating their gun bans?

Why are virtually all violent crimes committed in areas where there are few, if any, gun owners? Why is there virtually no violent crime in areas with a lot of gun owners?

I would wonder how much it would cost to shoot there/get a membership

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, cool."

I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota. I'm more than fine with people knowing how to use guns better; in general the people who use them badly won't be training with them (thugs and such.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    Then why have crime rates gone up in the United Kingdom since they banned guns?

Why is it that while crime rates are going down, gun ownership rates are going up in the United States?

Why is Australia reporting that their gun ban hasn't affected their crime rates at all?

Why are Chicago and DC reporting that crime rates have gone up since initiating their gun bans?

Why are virtually all violent crimes committed in areas where there are few, if any, gun owners? Why is there virtually no violent crime in areas with a lot of gun owners?
    There is no point citing facts to these people. They tend to believe what authority tells them, and disagree with everyone who knows better. Hell, if it ain't from the mouth of Honey Boo Boo, then it ain't true!
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care. I'd rather have people have a place to practice safely than just start firing off rounds in their back-yard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love a new range around here! Something longer than 100m would be nice.

Cool!

Although my local area is already over-saturated with indoor gun ranges, increased competition is good for keeping prices low.

The closest gun range where i am actually has automatic weapons you can shoot.

who has 2 thumbs and has fired a tommy gun fully automatic...this guy!
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2013-05-25 at 02:53 AM.

Hope they give locals a discount, visit it about twice a month and maybe pickup a piece for myself. Be a nice place to hangout if the Zombie Apocalypse breaks out.

I hope your being "high and mighty" keeps you safe, I'll be with the good ol' boys who practice how to shoot safely and effectively.

I already have a couple gun ranges in my area so another wouldn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post

These 2 right here are false. First off overall gun ownership is going down as far as households but total gun ownership is going up because the houses with 5 or 6 guns are buying more. Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us...anted=all&_r=0

And the DC and Chicago one is just plain stupid when there are literally gun stores 10 minutes outside of city limits. They can't stop and search your car because they suspect you of just buying a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who own their weapons legally and go shoot them at ranges aren't the ones you have to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you prefer people continue to practice by shooting each other instead? Hell, I think I'd prefer to get shot by someone who knew what they were doing, I may have a better chance of just getting wounded rather than killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm not a foreigner in my own damned area.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    guns are not tools, but weapons designed to kill.
    Guns aren't tools? They seem to be used as such more often than not and while yes they are designed with the intent to kill effectively I'd rather have my slabs of meat shot with a gun than bludgeoned to death.

As for the OP's question, I don't own a gun and am fairly indifferent when it comes to ownership(stricter ownership laws would be nice) but as far as a shooting range goes I really couldn't care less.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care. Show me a scientifically rigorous study where a gun range creates crime then maybe I'd care.

I see no reason why anyone should care.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've said you don't care, will you still not care if someone who trained at said gun range went out and murdered your children in a(nother) (American) school massacre?

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in an apartment complex near an indoor range, like less than a quarter mile from it. I do not recall ever hearing anything except when what sounded like an M-60 was being fired. I only guess M-60 from my familiarity with having fired them in the USMC, and the bass of each shot, and rate of fire. Of course, it seemed to have been a one time thing, and about mid-day, so no worries.
    An outdoor range, now, I might complain about the sound. Even our base ranges were well away from any barracks, and pointed towards 'no fly zones' with pretty strict communication on all clears.

Awesome, I don't have to plan an entire day around visiting a gun range. With the travel and process's needed here I spend about 5 hours all up not actually having access to a gun when I go.