Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard needs to remove the baseline resil outside of BGs

In no world should a Heroic raiding geared toon ever beat a full pvp geared toon in or outside of battlegrounds/arenas. I propose that the 65% resil baseline only be inside the areas where gear is scaled down. Outside of that the PvE geared guys should get shredded by pvpers.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    So PvP'rs should win not because they are better at PvP, but because they out-gear their opponents. In your view, PvP isn't a contest about who is a better player - but who farmed up the better gear to take 65-68% less damage, while doing comparable damage output. Nevermind crowd control or picking your fights, never mind proper cooldown usage - all PvP geared players should be able to instantly one-shot any non-PvP geared person they see.

I, for one, disagree. Baseline resilience is the best thing they did to PvP this expansion.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's essentially like saying a even playing field is unfair because someone has more skill than you. Whats next, asking for them to limit how many buttons you can use in pvp combat? No resil is awesome, it helps to break down some walls. If you have full pvp gear and you lose to people in pve gear then I'm sorry but it just sounds like you got out skilled.

The levels of salt of the OP couldn't match the saltiest sea.

So your saying that a pve geared person wandering around doing their pve thing who is ganked by someone in full pvp gear should automatically be destroyed without an opportunity to fight back? Solely because the pvp person has farmed gear and feels like ruining pve persons time? Should people who primarily pvp get a 30%+ dmg reduction in PvE gameplay(raids and dungeons) then? Because that would only be fair.

PVE and PVP both should be about bettering yourself and working with a team of people to accomplish your goal, its the core of an MMO. Since resilience was first added, we finally have PVP falling back into this category again. No longer is about how much time you put in and how much gear you have, but about your skill level, knowledge and how you work with others.

Loving how people who used gear as a crutch are now getting a reality check. Favorite thing about MoP so far. Fun PvP is about competition, not domination.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Out in the pve world pve players should be king in the arena of pvp pvp players should be king.

now if a palyer hit you when you are fighting something pve and all the aggro changed to them and all damage done to you by the mob was removed i may call it something other then a pve world.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So PvP'rs should win not because they are better at PvP, but because they out-gear their opponents. In your view, PvP isn't a contest about who is a better player - .
    Wait what...?

As it is right now, PvE'ers have a distinct and massive advantage over PvP'ers in world PVP. How the heck does that make ANY sense? The baseline resilience helps PvE'ers to transition into PvP. Apparently it doesn't work the other way around. PvP gear should be tiered so that it provides gear comparable to raid gear in world PvP at the least.

I agree that the baseline resilience change was amazing. And the nerf to PvP power was even better. But we can't have this one-sided balancing non sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait what...?

As it is right now, PvE'ers have a distinct and massive advantage over PvP'ers in world PVP. How the heck does that make ANY sense? The baseline resilience helps PvE'ers to transition into PvP. Apparently it doesn't work the other way around. PvP gear should be tiered so that it provides gear comparable to raid gear in world PvP at the least.

I agree that the baseline resilience change was amazing. And the nerf to PvP power was even better. But we can't have this one-sided balancing non sense.
    I would agree with that as long as it get scaled back down for raids and dungeons so they dont have the advantage for pve. The world itself should be an even playing field for either side. To what you said though. Which side is better off having the advantage? The experienced pvper's who know how to take down any class quickly? Or the people who don't even want to pvp and have little idea of its ins and outs? If you give it to the pvpers, they win every single time, especially with how resilience works(like it has been for years). Give it to the pve people and they might still lose and at the same time give the pvp person a challenge. Isn't that what pvp is all about anyway? Challenging yourself to beat other people?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

As it is right now, PvE'ers have a distinct and massive advantage over PvP'ers in world PVP. How the heck does that make ANY sense?
    Explain.

PvE gear is not better than PvP gear for PvP. If it was, you'd see top tier PvPers using PvE gear. That isn't occurring. Therefore, it is not better in world PvP either.

For one, I'm pretty happy that all those BM hunters I used to see walking around ganking people are gone. "Lol, I'm so good at the game, I can own anybody while they're busy doing something else in my full PvP gear." That's a minority of the player base, as well. I don't really care if those guys aren't having fun any more. It wasn't fun for me when they could gank me and there was nothing I could do about it.

Wait what...?

As it is right now, PvE'ers have a distinct and massive advantage over PvP'ers in world PVP.
    How is that so? I'm a 510 PvE geared mage that got ganked by a level 88 rogue. I believe skill matters more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    In no world should a Heroic raiding geared toon ever beat a full pvp geared toon in or outside of battlegrounds/arenas. I propose that the 65% resil baseline only be inside the areas where gear is scaled down. Outside of that the PvE geared guys should get shredded by pvpers.
    ITT: OP fails to ralize that if pve geard players had 0 resil outside of pvp areas, so would pvp geared players so literally NOTHING would change.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How is that so? I'm a 510 PvE geared mage that got ganked by a level 88 rogue. I believe skill matters more.
    Were you afk or something? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    seriously... i could probably kill an 88 rogue with like 3 instant cast spells... though i am a warlock. and 524 ilvl.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

So from what I've gathered is that PvP geared players can put out the same amount of damage as a full 522+ pve player in world pvp?

So the amount of increased stats on that 522+ gear doesn't bring a distinct advantage to world pvp?

Oh but pvp players have pvp power? Because that is competitive against pves increased stats. (Show me the numbers)

Skill doesn't mean jack when you face someone that can cc you and burst you down in 10 seconds. Yes i just tested it. I'm not even full 522. My ilvl is 517 I am a boomkin. My starsurge crit a full tyrannical warrior for 166k. I killed him in the time it took him to get out of my vortex and charge me. Tell me how that is fair.

I like the base resil thing now I actually stand a chance against those little nooblettes who do nothing but gank on Thunder Isle.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otsoko View Post
    So from what I've gathered is that PvP geared players can put out the same amount of damage as a full 522+ pve player in world pvp?

So the amount of increased stats on that 522+ gear doesn't bring a distinct advantage to world pvp?

Oh but pvp players have pvp power? Because that is competitive against pves increased stats. (Show me the numbers)

Skill doesn't mean jack when you face someone that can cc you and burst you down in 10 seconds. Yes i just tested it. I'm not even full 522. My ilvl is 517 I am a boomkin. My starsurge crit a full tyrannical warrior for 166k. I killed him in the time it took him to get out of my vortex and charge me. Tell me how that is fair.
    oh really? because with full procs and cooldowns including jade serpent potion my chaos bolt barely does 100k vs a full pvp geared player

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I don't PvP. I usually just stand there and do nothing, and let the moron kill me, then they usually go on their way. This time was different...I had resilience! It took him forever to get half my life down, until I realized, I should try this, and fight back. Alas, he still won.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think its because conquest only reaches 496ilvl even with the pvp power. So say a fully heroic pve person comes across a fully geared pvp person in the world. The pve person in a BG/arena would have his ilvl reduced to 496 so the pvp power on the pvp gear on player 2 would give him an advantage over the base stats of the normally 500+ raid gear. But in the normal world, pve players gear ilvl is not reduced so he gets extra stats above 496ilvl while pvp player is stuck at 496 from conquest gear. I think that's what Flaks was getting at, not 100% sure though.

If thats what he meant though, thats nowhere near the advantage that pvp players used to have over pve players though and not that many people are running around in full heroic or even 522 pve gear anyway so its not as widespread either.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-05-25 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say just get rid of PVP stats entirely myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    oh really? because with full procs and cooldowns including jade serpent potion my chaos bolt barely does 100k vs a full pvp geared player
    Ok it wasn't 166k it was 153679 http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ps11b2510f.jpg