Thread: UEFA are a joke

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

UEFA are a joke

so the powers that be at uefa, have, in their infinite wisdom, decided on letting the winners of the europa cup to go into the following seasons champions league.
    what utter bollocks.
    the 'champions' league is becoming more of a farce every season & this is just the cherry on the top.

Deleted
    Well the competition needs some sort of overall the Europa League is a terrible competition. Maybe 90% of the teams wont play their reserve sides now there's actually something to play for.

Deleted
    the europe cup league was already a money sink
    they just want to make europa league mean something more

what's so bad about it?

Deleted
    It's to increase the interest of the tournament, give it an incentive for teams to play their best players. Playing in the CL is a huge income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    the europe cup league was already a money sink
    they just want to make europa league mean something more

what's so bad about it?
    the whole point of a competition called the champions league, is for the champions of each country to represent their nation.
    it was bad enough when there are the champions & maybe another 2 or 3 clubs scraping their way in & now the winners of the europa cup, also.
    if the europa cup needs an added incentive to get teams to field a full strength team, then maybe its time to scrap it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why this is a bad thing.

First: The winner of the Europe League should be able to compete decently in the Champions League. The last four winners are Chelsea, FC Porto and Atletico Madrid (2x). These are all clubs who could compete fine in the Champions League.
    Second: Quite some teams don't like playing in the Europe League because they don't get enough money for it, therefore play with their second team and thus the Europe League gets less competitive. This will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    the whole point of a competition called the champions league, is for the champions of each country to represent their nation.
    As if this will make it an interesting competition...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck all that, who's seen what has happened outside Westminster tube station?

There's a deck chair with a Borussia Dortmund towel on it. Having to explain why that's funny is driving me mad and makes me very sad too.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    As if this will make it an interesting competition...
    it always used to be when it was called the european cup, when only the champions of europe actually played.
    adding the runners up & another 2 or 3 teams to the competition ruined it. if youre not good enough to win the title, tough.
    now the winners of the inter twobob, sorry, i meant the europa league, get the chance to enter also. gj.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-05-25 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly cant make the champions league any worse.

well Chelsea was there anyways

Well at least they are a champions of something right?

They should change the name of the competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It honestly cant make the champions league any worse.
    I love people that just badmouth everything. But after reading your signature I'm pretty sure you can give me a good explanation why promoting the EL winner to next years CL is such a bad idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    I love people that just badmouth everything. But after reading your signature I'm pretty sure you can give me a good explanation why promoting the EL winner to next years CL is such a bad idea!
    I didnt say it was a bad idea, I said it can't make the champions league any worse. I enjoy the CL for what it is, but it is not the champions league, it is the UEFA money making league, its a good competition but it is no longer the champions league anymore.
    Good to see you've pideon holed me in to bad mouthing everything due to my signature and one comment in here :P I actually really like donuts.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-25 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    I actually really like donuts.
    Everybody likes donuts so that doesn't count

...it is the UEFA money making league, its a good competition but it is no longer the champions league anymore.
    There's some truth to that, but that's just the way things go in modern football. The times when 11 friends played football and won the Champions League are long gone. International football is a huge business all by itself. If you like (for the lack of a better word) "old fashioned" football I'd recomment you go lower league games, they tend to be a bit more down to earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    Everybody likes donuts so that doesn't count

There's some truth to that, but that's just the way things go in modern football. The times when 11 friends played football and won the Champions League are long gone. International football is a huge business all by itself. If you like (for the lack of a better word) "old fashioned" football I'd recomment you go lower league games, they tend to be a bit more down to earth
    My team is Yeovil town, I only last week saw us rise to the championships after being promoted to the lower leagues only 10 years ago, Im a massive defender of lower league football in the official mmo footy thread :P I will howver enjoy tonights spectacle as I do appreciate football, I just dislike but understand modern footballs direction.

I think they should not let CL drops enter europe cup then, to make things more fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    My team is Yeovil town, I only last week saw us rise to the championships after being promoted to the lower leagues only 10 years ago, Im a massive defender of lower league football in the official mmo footy thread :P I will howver enjoy tonights spectacle as I do appreciate football, I just dislike but understand modern footballs direction.
    my brother used to be a steward at yeovil & i used to go & see a few games when i visited. they were in the conference back then. i even went to one of the clubs end of season parties, when they had a karaoki/ disco. a top night enhanced by me singing panic (hang the dj) by the smiths lol
    i'm a wednesday fan, btw...up the owls!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    it always used to be when it was called the european cup, when only the champions of europe actually played.
    adding the runners up & another 2 or 3 teams to the competition ruined it. if youre not good enough to win the title, tough.
    now the winners of the inter twobob, sorry, i meant the europa league, get the chance to enter also. gj.
    So you'd rather have the English, Spanish, Italian, German (maybe French/Dutch occasionally) champions just plough through all the lesser teams until the quarter/semi-finals instead? Sure, that would absolutely be very entertaining and wouldn't ruin CL at all.

For a competitive "CL" you cannot go back to allowing only the champions in there. Ever since the Bosman ruling the football landscape has been changed forever into this high stakes, high money sport.

They have been a joke for a very long time now.