Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Death Knights aren't special anymore as of 5.3

Seriously, now that the 1 DK per server restriction has been removed the DKs have lost their specialness.
    This is supposed to be a hero class, it should be unique. Only one of the hero class per server should be enough.
    Now that you can create multiple DKs, this class is no more different than the normal Monk class. Why call them Hero classes anyways?
    Death Knights used to be special. It was a privilege to have a DK, but now I can just create 10,000! (Yes, this is an exagerration )
    I have deleted many level 70 DKs beforehand and now all that was a waste.

You ruined it, Blizz. You crossed the line!
    I'm thinking about unsubbing.

What is your opinion on this?

Deleted
    I could't care less.

Deleted
    Why is everyone having a hissy fit about having more than one DK

Its a game ffs.

Hell does hero class even mean now.
    All it meant back then in wotlk was starting at level 55 with a separate storyline that's it.
    You're not special
    and nice bait

It is still unique and a hero class because of their back story and the simple fact that they start at a much higher level.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. After all the "I'm qutting" Threads this one just made me laugh, seriously.

Why are you complaining about being able to have more than one DK? Seriously who cares? Why does it matter to you so much.

If you wanna be special and walk around saying "lul i hav 1 dk in servur nubbb 133337" Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Deleted
    Do you know what horrible effects this will have on WoW?
    Now everyone can just start out at level 55 and easily farm gold and delete DKs... Now with MULTIPLE characters!

Blizz went too far this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This...this can't be serious.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

DKs were a "Hero class' only by name and starting level. That's it. This is not something to be in a tizzy about.

My opinion is that the change is good, even though I am entirely unaffected by it. The 'hero class' label means very little, just a boosted starting level. No reason for it to mean restricted class choice for a character.

I'm extremely happy with the change, as I love playing Death Knights so much so that I want to make a second one to raid with as well. Which is also why I sent that tweet to GC in the first place.

If you're so bothered about only having one Death Knight then go ahead and only have one. You can only play one character at a time, so it's not going to increase the amount that are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    You ruined it, Blizz. You crossed the line!

My opinion is that it's not the game, it's you. The game's evolved, time to adapt and stop living in the past.

First Blizzard ruins Cataclysm by redoing the entire 1-60 experience and now those bastards give us a way to skip it as many times as we want. Make up your mind Blizzard.

I'm 100% sure this is a joke thread.

If not ... oh boy.

I agree Terralon. I remember back when I first logged in to WoTLK and made my DK. I stuck to my first DK and he's still my main now. But because of this, he'll no longer be special.

It feels like the prestige of owning a death knight is lost.

It's probably all because of the casuals who wanted to be handed easy level 58s on a plate like always, but Blizzard will see they made a mistake when they start hemorrhaging subs again like they did previous quarter. I'm sure they'll be at 500k subs before this year ends if they don't start changing stuff back and put effort back in the game like it used to be in TBC without welfare epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should've been removed ages ago, they're only special for WOTLK. Personally, I wanted having more than 1 dk per realm.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    this class is no more different than the normal Monk class
    Why call them Hero classes anyways?
    It was a privilege to have a DK
    You crossed the line!
    1). By your logic no classes are different.
    2). Because they start at level 55, that's literally the only reason they were ever called a hero class.
    3). No, it wasn't.
    4). No, they didn't.
    5). No one will miss you. If you make such a big deal out of this, I can't begin to fathom how much you overreact and throw hissy fits when you're ganked, lose a bg, lose a loot roll, so on etc.
    6). I think you whine too much and don't deserve to play games like this that allow such social interaction.

-They are the only class that starts at a higher level then 1.
    -They are the only class that starts in a special area designed only for that class, and all races start in the same area.

Seems like they are quite special still....

Why do people still throw around the term 'hero class' ? They were intended to be a step above other classes, but that changed when blizzard realized that alienating the other 9 classes was a bad idea, especially when they had no plans to add more hero classes. They are a class like every other. There is nothing heroic about them, other than the fact that they start at level 55, but lets face it: doing that awful starting zone is tantamount to leveling 54 times as a paladin,druid, etc.