New GPU and driver

So if I am upgrading an Nvidia card with an nvidia card, do I have to uninstall the old drivers and then do a fresh install? I have been using the GeForce experience program to notify me of updates and such.

Or can I just install the new GPU and it will automatically search for an update?

Just pop in the new card and it should be identified and the drivers automatically reinstalled.

Deleted
    unless you're upgrading from legacy card there shouldn't be any problem, but since doing clean driver install is fast and doesn't cost anything there is no reason not to do it just to be sure, also I would advice not using any crapware to "check for up to date drivers" even if its nvidias.. all they do is eat system resources

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    unless you're upgrading from legacy card there shouldn't be any problem, but since doing clean driver install is fast and doesn't cost anything there is no reason not to do it just to be sure, also I would advice not using any crapware to "check for up to date drivers" even if its nvidias.. all they do is eat system resources
    Oh, okay good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoouu definitely need to remove and update drivers.

Just because your system detects the new card, the drivers are specific to the old card. And settings are specific to the old card. Even if they use the same 'driver set'.

Not only that, but unless you keep up to date, you may have older drivers as it is.

There is no situation where I would recommend NOT installing new drivers.... Unless you are literally replacing the card with an identical card.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab