Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Just wanted to say nice work in transforming the OP into a full fledged expansion concept, and very nice artwork. In particular, how did you make this title/banner?
    Thanks!

I found a high-res burning crusade logo on the web and brought it into Photoshop. I selected most of the green behind the words and used the hue adjuster to make it purple. The bottom background part I painted in from scratch and based it off a dreadlord's wings. The typography I actually pulled the letters I needed off previous expansion logos and rearranged them to make the 'Rise of the Legion'. Just so happens there's actually a font out there that would've saved me a lot of time but I found out too late.

Plus they can summon raid members now so you don't have to always bring a warlock.
    Blizzard has said time again they want clases to feel unique. So no.

Warlock: Necromancy.
    Changes summons into skeletons, aboms, skeleton mages and leeches life. Blood magic.
    Also: Demonology becomes tank spec.
    this feels like a caster DK Warlocks work with demons, blood magic yes but undead no. The motiff is that were corrupted magi who delve into demonic and shadow magic.
    Last edited by eillas; 2013-06-03 at 12:24 AM.

I'll be pretty upset if Azshara or N'zoth don't make an appearance in the next expansion, no matter what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic idea OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the ideas I've seen some people post!!!! I don't really have anything else to say....

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Blizzard has said time again they want clases to feel unique. So no.
    WoW's class homogenization is currently at an all time high. Besides, it would just be 1 more class who can summon. I only selected ideas I thought Blizzard could potentially do. We've seen an example of this like Mages and BM hunters getting bloodlust and the simplification of the buff system.

this feels like a caster DK Warlocks work with demons, blood magic yes but undead no. The motiff is that were corrupted magi who delve into demonic and shadow magic.
    I think you are right in that Warlocks are about shadow magic and dark magics, so I can see this easily evolving into Necromancy. Coming up with fourth specs isn't about seeing what they currently have, but what they could have while still feeling like that class. In my opinion, the lore can easily be that pillars of the warlock community took interest in the power over undeath after seeing the might of the scourge and decided to harness that power. Or we can even go the route that since this is the legion expansion, some warlocks decided they wanted to distance themselves from their enemy's (demon) magic. So they looked to their DK allies and studied necromancy.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-03 at 12:43 AM.

I think you are right in that Warlocks are about shadow magic and dark magics, so I can see this easily evolving into Necromancy. Coming up with fourth specs isn't about seeing what they currently have, but what they could have while still feeling like that class. In my opinion, the lore can easily be that pillars of the warlock community took interest in the power over undeath after seeing the might of the scourge and decided to harness that power. Or we can even go the route that since this is the legion expansion, some warlocks decided they wanted to distance themselves from their enemy's (demon) magic. So they looked to their DK allies and studied necromancy.
    I think demon hunter spec but not necromancy

, some warlocks decided they wanted to distance themselves from their enemy's (demon) magic. So they looked to their DK allies and studied necromancy.
    I don't think warlocks really care about that, they were the ones who embrace their enemies magic. They specialize in taboo magic.

WoW's class homogenization is currently at an all time high. Besides, it would just be 1 more class who can summon. I only selected ideas I thought Blizzard could potentially do. We've seen an example of this like Mages and BM hunters getting bloodlust and the simplification of the buff system.
    they also spent a good portion of the budget for class changes in beta to give warlocks a total revamp to be unique.
    Last edited by eillas; 2013-06-03 at 12:59 AM.

I think demon hunter spec but not necromancy

I don't think warlocks really care about that, they were the ones who embrace their enemies magic. They specialize in taboo magic.

they also spent a good portion of the budget for class changes in beta to give warlocks a total revamp to be unique.
    Guess we can just agree to disagree on all that lol.

Deleted
    I hope that the new expansion will be all about the return of Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Well, technically, Necromancy IS demon magic, as it originated from the Nathrezim (Dreadlords)

I want to visit this world http://www.wowwiki.com/Argus

Capital city Mac'Aree shared with both forces.

Planets in the WoW universe= Argus · Azeroth · Draenor/Outland · K'aresh · Xoroth.

''If Argus still exists, it is certainly a stronghold of the Burning Legion, possibly their headquarters.''

An expansion based around this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    I want to visit this world http://www.wowwiki.com/Argus

Capital city Mac'Aree shared with both forces.

Planets in the WoW universe= Argus · Azeroth · Draenor/Outland · K'aresh · Xoroth.

''If Argus still exists, it is certainly a stronghold of the Burning Legion, possibly their headquarters.''

An expansion based around this would be great.
    i think argus is like 5 expansions from now material, its hard enough to imagine us fighting and stopping the legion on one of their homeworlds, having us do that on their main headquarters?

that just doesnt sit right with me.

id much prefer us going to somewhere like xoroth or some unnamed planet argus is way to soon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Thanks!

I found a high-res burning crusade logo on the web and brought it into Photoshop. I selected most of the green behind the words and used the hue adjuster to make it purple. The bottom background part I painted in from scratch and based it off a dreadlord's wings. The typography I actually pulled the letters I needed off previous expansion logos and rearranged them to make the 'Rise of the Legion'. Just so happens there's actually a font out there that would've saved me a lot of time but I found out too late.
    Thanks for the info. I'm not much of an artist, but I am stubborn enough to poke and prod Gimp and the interwebs into coughing up what I want.

Just to clarify, I'm going to be adding some abilities to each fourth spec, but since Necromancy is being brought up a lot, this is how I imagine that spec:

You essentially are trading one strong, very intelligent demon for the ability to summon a horde of maybe 4-5 skeleton minions. You can't control them, and potentially they will spawn on casts and such similar to wild imps. I really, really liked the whole D2 necro as well as the EQ1 necro. I think potentially a spectre form or something of that sort could be a high level ability for Necromancy. What I think the whole core of the spec can be is essentially the Warlock is draining life and power and siphoning it to his or her small undead army making them more powerful. Then maybe a cooldown where you sac all your minions and can start lifedraining the shit out of things.

If you've played EQ1, definitely like the toolkit of those necros + the larger army of the D2 necro. Wow, now I'm really itching to go play some D2...

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 09:21 PM ----------

Update:

Priest T17

Coils of Possession

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Update:

Priest T17

Coils of Possession
    [Snip]
    I like how your art style really matches what the concept art actually looks like
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Shadows of Sargeras is a much cooler expansion name than Rise of the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I like how your art style really matches what the concept art actually looks like
    Thanks, tried a little harder on the priest one to match Blizzard's art style.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Shadows of Sargeras is a much cooler expansion name than Rise of the Legion.
    Yeah that one is pretty cool too but I like Rise

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    oh look, tinkers, arakkoa and legion. *would unsub if this had a hint of reality*
    I'm unsubbed now, this is what it would take for my sub haha. Different tastes I guess.

Deleted
    I'd be so happy if there would be arakkoas. :>

A really cool thread with great ideas.
    I especially like the notion of Ogres as a playable race in a Burning Legion themed expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I just saw the warrior T17.

Unless I'm mistaken, Iron Throne inspiration?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.