Demo lock low Dps issues

Hey can someone help me take a look at what is this warlock doing wrong with his DPS?

Here are his logs
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvoh5f74l2daxn/details/4/?s=106&e=404
    This is the logs when he did not have the 4pc.
    and here is his Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Schont/simple

Deleted
    take a look at this fight:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=4841&e=5238

at 22:38:31 his DPS went beyond 22k, and this is BEFORE roshak died, so no windstorm from quetzal and so on.
    I guess besides a lack of knowledge about demos gameplay, this player is a littlebit brainafk. (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=5473&e=5890 don´t know what was going on there but he started doing dps about one minute after pull and his DPS went 8 times to about 0 during the fight, without dieing. 63% active time is not bad, thats AFK)
    #
    @leishen: (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=6816&e=7249)
    Your warlock managed to do 100k DPS at the start of the fight. seriously, one possible reason is that he don´t even care about beeing good, or he doesn´t know anything about demo

1. Step for you: make sure this player wants to raid and wants to get better and if its not the case, get rid of him
    2. Tell him that he should read guides, since I think he doesn´t even know the basics of demonology
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-05-28 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    take a look at this fight:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=4841&e=5238

at 22:38:31 his DPS went beyond 22k, and this is BEFORE roshak died, so no windstorm from quetzal and so on.
    I guess besides a lack of knowledge about demos gameplay, this player is a littlebit brainafk. (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=5473&e=5890 don´t know what was going on there but he started doing dps about one minute after pull and his DPS went 8 times to about 0 during the fight, without dieing. 63% active time is not bad, thats AFK)
    #
    @leishen: (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=6816&e=7249)
    Your warlock managed to do 100k DPS at the start of the fight. seriously, one possible reason is that he don´t even care about beeing good, or he doesn´t know anything about demo

1. Step for you: make sure this player wants to raid and wants to get better and if its not the case, get rid of him
    2. Tell him that he should read guides, since I think he doesn´t even know the basics of demonology
    On the fight you are looking at, he was drawing for Twin Consorts. That's why his uptime is so low on that fight. I (Tpog and I are the raid leaders)am more concerned with the other fights we did tonight (Primordius, 10m normal Iron Qon, Lei Shen). If you look at his uptime on 10m normal Iron Qon, his uptime is 96%.
    Last edited by Shenanigasm; 2013-05-28 at 07:58 AM.

For starters if hes new at the spec..don't expect the best...there is trial and error

Allow him/her to play a spec they are good at rather than forcing them to play a spec they are terrible at

He should only playing Demo in extreme cleave/aoe fights. but thats my take on the situation
    Last edited by TheNationGamer; 2013-05-28 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played a warlock since the beginning of BC. I was always demon/aff. Demonology for MoP was like learning a brand new class for me. With losing spells and changing abilities from Cata it was very difficult for me to get used to it and tighten up my rotation. That said it was not a simple spec for me to re-learn after unlearning everything I had known.

The worst thing you can do with someone learning a new spec is throw them into raid because you need the abilities of the build. The best way I know how to learn a new spec is to farm, farm, farm and farm some more. Pull a ton of stuff, die, make it ugly if need be. Learn harmlessly at your own expense. You'll learn when to imp swarm, when to cast demon form, how to maximize meta abilities and what they actually do.

Demonology is far more dependent on swapping into demon form this xpac than it ever was prior to max DPS.

If you want to be very Karate Kid about it send the guy out to collect something ridiculous like 400 cloth and give him the spot to do it in where he's going to aggro like mad. By the time he has the 400 cloth, he'll be good enough to raid if he's even half competent.

Wax on! Wax off!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenanigasm View Post
    On the fight you are looking at, he was drawing for Twin Consorts. That's why his uptime is so low on that fight. I (Tpog and I are the raid leaders)am more concerned with the other fights we did tonight (Primordius, 10m normal Iron Qon, Lei Shen). If you look at his uptime on 10m normal Iron Qon, his uptime is 96%.
    okay, that would explain the low active time, although he must have been very slow while drawing. it shouldn´t take more than 10-15 sec to draw, and since he can skill KJ cunning, hes able to do damage while running to the next. He started DPSing about 30sec after pull, then he went onto about 5k dps (not overall ofc, seems that it was just a single cast or dot), were he would have been able to pull MUCH more and continued with drawing the next. end of the story: he just ran from one edge to the other without really trying to pull dps while moving, and took way to long for drawing (well, thats not exactly a warlock issue and may just need some practise, but every warlock should be able to do dps while moving)

@Primordius fight: there were only animus, qon, twins and leishen in the log you postet. I skipped animus for obvious reasons.

But anyways, its not just Twins. He´s making serious mistakes like you can see on Leishen (very, very, VERY low burst dps. The imps army + pet should do that on their own) and qon (dps drops into the ground for some reasons I can´t explain. Maybe the dpsing while moving thing again)

Anyways, as long as he hasn´t got legendary meta gem and/or leishen trinket, I suggest going destro instead of demo. Higher dmg output and less things to screw up. although thats only a temporary solution since things can change and who knows, maybe destro is far behind (again) in 5.4
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-05-28 at 08:27 AM.

Looking on iron qon alone, his doom uptime is pretty horrible. When your corruption does more damage than your doom, you have a problem. Me being a shit lock, I manage 95% uptime on doom on that fight, even with the rng gods chasing me around the arena with a spear.

EDIT: another thing I noticed is that he doesnt seem to be metaweaving his hand of guldans. (cast hand > go meta for bonus dmg to be applied to HoG) Its actually quite a large dps increase.

All this being said, he is suffering a little bit from his trinkets. No lei shen trinket and only running with essence of brilliance for int proc is quite harsh on a demo locks dps. Honestly till the lei shen trinket drops, dont expect huge numbers from him. As blizzard admitted the reason they had to nerf doom damage in 5.2 was because of the trinket as demo completely revolves around it (at the very least till you get lots of gear) His current trinkets make him more suitable for destro anyways.

His haste isnt even at the low doom cap of 3036, his crit is out of the park, which I suppose is allright because of his crit trinket, however crit is our lowest scaling stat, and mastery is what makes us pew pew.

As far as spec goes, generally its like this:
    no lei shen trinket no legendary meta - destro
    lei shen trinket yes/no legendary meta - demo
    yes legendary meta - afflic (although this one does take quite a bit of gear)

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I am known as an idiot sometimes with my comments because I say crap without thinking, but yeah I think this is allright.

P.S. for comparison sake, here is a log of mine from that same fight, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-93...?s=4229&e=4780 (Pro locks, dont judge me, I know Im bad) and compare it to his log from the same fight http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rlkvo...?s=4841&e=5238
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2013-05-28 at 01:12 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going of his reforging, it looks to be biased way more towards Destruction than Demonology, 25% crit with 16% Mastery and 2.9k Haste (not enough to reach the first Doom breakpoint). If he wants to play Demo, I suggest maybe asking him to research Demonology a bit more. Reforging excessively out of Mastery and Haste is not a good idea and will cause low numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by majutsushi View Post
    Going of his reforging, it looks to be biased way more towards Destruction than Demonology, 25% crit with 16% Mastery and 2.9k Haste (not enough to reach the first Doom breakpoint). If he wants to play Demo, I suggest maybe asking him to research Demonology a bit more. Reforging excessively out of Mastery and Haste is not a good idea and will cause low numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    He needs the crit for his trinket. Its one of the main reasons I dont like that trinket to begin with.