Thread: AMZ buff in 5.4

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

AMZ buff in 5.4

So, according to the latest icy veins Dev interview AMZ is being buffed in 5.4 (THANK GOD!)

What are you hoping to see, higher absorb damage or made into a devotion aura type cool down? Either way I'm pretty excited by this change, AMZ is (and has been, for ever) seriously situational.

I love the dumb ass reasons they listed for blood raid utility.
    here's to hoping they do something useful with AMZ because it was a FUCKING JOKE in my raid.

and dps dks have even worse utility.

I'm hoping it's just a magic-based Power Word: Barrier, or Smoke Bomb.

Flat, Percentile damage reduction in a bubble. That's all I want.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I love the dumb ass reasons they listed for blood raid utility.
    here's to hoping they do something useful with AMZ because it was a FUCKING JOKE in my raid.

and dps dks have even worse utility.
    Aye, blood worms, death grip and battle rez etc don't count as decent raid utility IMHO. AMZ has so few uses at the moment (I only bother switching from purgatory for iron qon and lei shen) that any sort of improvement will be welcomed.

The concept of Blood Worms counts as raid utility; it's consistent raid-wide healing. In practice they're far too inconsistent and overheal for over 8900, making them largely useless.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

While they're at it they should buff AMS cuz it gets absorbed in 1 second in PvP. There should be no absobtion limit, or at least it should be increased a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    While they're at it they should buff AMS cuz it gets absorbed in 1 second in PvP. There should be no absobtion limit, or at least it should be increased a lot.
    Can't say I have problems with AMS getting absorbed too often in PvP.

I do agree, though, that the cap should either be removed or increased tremendously, especially now that other classes have things like Dispersion, Diffuse Magic, Zen Meditation, Divine Protection or Greater Invisibility just to name a few. Unless I'm totally mistaken, the 100% cap was put in originally due to AMS giving DKs a massive edge on Sarth3D 25. It was later nerfed to 50% of max HP.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-05-27 at 10:22 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

well if they buff it the same way they "buffed" bloodworms...
    idk if I should find it sad or funny that blizzard thinks bloodworms are in any way comparable to the healing of battlehealer or the absorbs of the monk thingy

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I think we should first remind Blizzard that if they're going to count AMZ as part of Blood's raid utility, it shouldn't be a talented choice between it and the tank's personal survival, especially when we're singled out in that regard.
    But yeah, removing the cap on AMZ is definitely a start. In many cases AMZ lasts only a moment after being cast, which is paltry compared to tank utility like Rallying Cry or Devotion Aura which affect a larger area and have a higher duration in practice.

I can understand why they bring up Raise Ally and Death Grip as raid utility (though it sometimes feels like they put too much weight on Death Grip's shoulders- a CC, a gap-closer, a taunt, a raid utility- and spend way too much time going back and forth as to whether it's enough to cover any department), though I also agree that Blood Worms is just too unpredictable and unreliable to add to that list.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    well if they buff it the same way they "buffed" bloodworms...
    idk if I should find it sad or funny that blizzard thinks bloodworms are in any way comparable to the healing of battlehealer or the absorbs of the monk thingy
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Over on the monk forum earlier I was reading about people complaining about the monk's raid utility, explicitly naming the absorbs as basically worthless.

That said, I had to laugh at bloodworms being considered "raid utility", since you have no control over them whatsoever. They randomly appear, do their thing, then randomly burst, regardless of whether anyone needs healing at that point in time. How awesome for the group, right?

Deleted
    incrasing the limits makes no really difference. for pve you use it only on abilities that hit only once like ultraxion or lei shen. even an increase of the total value wouldnt change it, cuz it absorbs much more than that due the mechanic

its just stupid that you have to give up one of your best survival skills for amz.

I bet this will be changed to something like "Reduces magic damage by 30% for all players in AMZ, no cap. Lasts 10 seconds." - similar to PW:B, just only for magic.

Deleted
    PvE wise AMS is pretty good, short cooldown, absorbs a few hundred thousand magic damage and stops the application of magical debuffs. I can see why is might be a bit poor in PvP with mage/warlocks etc ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    I bet this will be changed to something like "Reduces magic damage by 30% for all players in AMZ, no cap. Lasts 10 seconds." - similar to PW:B, just only for magic.
    In all honesty I'd be fine with that... It's far too situational at the moment.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter much to me if they change AMZ. As long as it's on the same line as Purgatory, I'll probably never take it as a tank in heroic raids.

It saved me countless number of times, and you also get the benefit of not losing durability while dying if it didn't proc earlier.

Also, I'm kinda sad they think our raid utility is enough. Death grip isn't worth that much, heck, I often use it a second taunt in raids because of how insane the aggro generation a monk can achieve is. Blood worms are random and mostly end up overhealing anyway, and everyone and their grandmas can rez in battle nowadays, so yeah.

Unless they make AMZ baseline, or change it completely (i.e. not static and small anymore, or not only reducing magic damage), I still probably won't ever use it. Which is sad.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-05-27 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    It doesn't matter much to me if they change AMZ. As long as it's on the same line as Purgatory, I'll probably never take it as a tank in heroic raids.

It saved me countless number of times, and you also get the benefit of not losing durability while dying if it didn't proc earlier.

Also, I'm kinda sad they think our raid utility is enough. Death grip isn't worth that much, heck, I often use it a second taunt in raids. Blood worms are random, and everyone and their grandmas can rez in battle nowadays, so yeah.

Unless they make AMZ baseline, or change it completely (i.e. not static and small anymore, or not only reducing magic damage), I still probably won't ever use it. Which is sad.

If they buff it so it is decent, you will on any fight where you are more worried about your raid than your own death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    So, according to the latest icy veins Dev interview AMZ is being buffed in 5.4 (THANK GOD!)

What are you hoping to see, higher absorb damage or made into a devotion aura type cool down? Either way I'm pretty excited by this change, AMZ is (and has been, for ever) seriously situational.
    Betting on moving Anti Magic Ring. Huehuehuehuehue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    If they buff it so it is decent, you will on any fight where you are more worried about your raid than your own death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    If they buff it so it is decent
    Yes.

Let's hope the result is good.

Deleted
    id guess it will be 30% with like a base absorb increased but once absorbed it will last for the full duration.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now we just need some bloodworm leash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I'm hoping it's just a magic-based Power Word: Barrier, or Smoke Bomb.

Flat, Percentile damage reduction in a bubble. That's all I want.
    This, please.

I'd like also that our blood worms would put a shield on raid members instead of overhealing them so much.