Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    75% is insane. While I think with the state of how wealth is spread these days, taxing someone 75% will only drive business owners and the rich out of the governments economy. And while yes, I think there is a relationship between job creators create jobs but not because they're doing it out of kindness, but out of necessity. I think people should also remember that if you tax a business too much they'll go find someone who is willing to do the job for cheaper. While businesses can be greedy they've also become villainized and it is creating a very volatile situation throughout the world
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2013-05-27 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Burning company assets too? =P
    What is a strike without a nice burning pile of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    75% is insane.
    Its not an income tax, its a tax on the money you get for having money.(Don't know the economical term)

Deleted
    Yup, and employees forget that its the business owner's money and lifeblood on the line. Business owners are the ones taking the risks, working the longest hours (mainly because you don't pay yourself overtime and you want your business to succeed) and putting in the hardest effort to make sure things go well.

Yes business owners are rewarded handsomely, but people are forgetting about the numerous business owners who've tried and failed. Business owners sometimes spend countless hours to just break even or worse, lose out. In contrast, an employee "always wins" as their money is guaranteed (bar Enron scandal).
    Thanks for taking the time to write it down in black and white.

Yup, and employees forget that its the business owner's money and lifeblood on the line. Business owners are the ones taking the risks, working the longest hours (mainly because you can't pay yourself overtime) and putting in the hardest effort to make sure things go smoothly.

Yes business owners are rewarded handsomely, but people are forgetting about the numerous business owners who've tried and failed. Business owners sometimes spend countless hours to just break even or worse lose out. In contrast, an employee "always wins" as their money is guaranteed (bar Enron scandal).
    I am not sure where you are from but not pay overtime ?

I sure as hell take some extra's when I worked 70 hours in a week !

It's true we take some risks, but these day's especially in Belgium, you got so much securities, you only risk some of the money you put in the business. So yeah it's a little gamble at first but tbh, 10 years ago I put in about 19k euro's in my business to start up.

The same year I already made around 30k

I already won more then I put in in a single year. And it's true some fail, but these guy's aren't making millions and aren't getting taxed on it.
    If you are making millions, you succeeded and it's also due to your employees.

If you are making million you aren't at risk anymore, you made plenty more then you ever invested in your company to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    We pay our fair share. Are jobs and taxes not enough?
    If you consider your job a serious part of your income then you aren't rich =-p

Thanks for taking the time to write it down in black and white.
    are you still taking risks these day's ? or are you working in what you like to do and making a lot of money from it ?

I honestly don't see the problem in getting taxed on the money you got laying around.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    What is a strike without a nice burning pile of stuff?

Its not an income tax, its a tax on the money you get for having money.(Don't know the economical term)
    So you're being taxed because you have money. That's just petty and disgusting. I'm sorry but punishing people because of success only deters it and creates lazy people who think they're entitled to things without working for it .

This is the kind of person you're enabling with that line of thought
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2013-05-27 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't justify it.
    Ever heard of geometric progression? If you have 1 mil on your bank account, the money will go skyrocket in a 20-40 years.

As i understand, they take 75% from dividends and deposit accounts from rich people
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-05-27 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

That doesn't justify it.
    But it is the right thing to do. the alternative is cut cut cut cut cut and hurt those that did NOTHING wrong in life. The nukes etc etc that France have does NOT come free of charge. and i doubt the right wingers that are so adamant about how bad it is for rich people to pay the fair share. Yet i suppose you have no second qualms about putting more of a burden on those that just cant afford it.

So you're being taxed because you have money. That's just petty and disgusting. I'm sorry but punishing people because of success only deters it and creates lazy people who think they're entitled to things without working for it.
    Getting taxed for having millions or more on your bankaccount, money lying around not doing anything for the economy creates lazy people ?

Please tell me how ?

I think if you ask someone who makes 2k a month if he'd like to make millions but pay 75% on the money he doesn't need and that just sit's there, there is no one in the world who will say " nah, i ll pass, i rather keep my 2k"

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    No point putting this up on a board with americans, who don't understand the word social anyway.
    Are you serious? Other people find taxing 75% outrageous in Europe and this tax would put France at the head. Stop being the typical nation bashing European, that's so common on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    are you still taking risks these day's ? or are you working in what you like to do and making a lot of money from it ?

I honestly don't see the problem in getting taxed on the money you got laying around.
    The faster the world as a whole move away from please the rich mantra that some seems to wh0reship more than a real god. The better it will be for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Euhm it is not an income tax of 75% its a tax on the money they are making simply by having money. The rich can afford easily it since they have other sources of income
    So the rich people who make money by having money would stay in France and lose 75% of their money because?

I am not sure where you are from but not pay overtime ?
    Employees don't get overtime because it costs more (required by law) unless there's no other choice.

Business owners don't get paid so they don't make overtime despite working more than 40 hours a week.

The same year I already made around 30k

I already won more then I put in in a single year.
    Your time and effort you put into your business should at least be worth some of that 30K, assuming you weren't cutting yourself a paycheck.

And it's true some fail, but these guy's aren't making millions and aren't getting taxed on it.
    If you are making millions, you succeeded and it's also due to your employees.

If you are making million you aren't at risk anymore, you made plenty more then you ever invested in your company to start with.
    Not necessarily. If you're a big time CEO in a company making billions, you're still liable to get your butt booted. Its not uncommon for a CEO of an under performing yet profitable company to be asked to step down.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting taxed for having millions or more on your bankaccount, money lying around not doing anything for the economy creates lazy people ?

Please tell me how ?

I think if you ask someone who makes 2k a month if he'd like to make millions but pay 75% on the money he doesn't need and that just sit's there, there is no one in the world who will say " nah, i ll pass, i rather keep my 2k"
    Because it's their money and they should be able to spend it the way they chose to. Holy shit how hard is that to understand. Why do you think you should be able to decide how people use or spend what's theirs? And it tells people that working hard will only get shit that you earned taken away from you just because you succeeded

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    The faster the world as a whole move away from please the rich mantra that some seems to wh0reship more than a real god. The better it will be for everyone.
    Yeah I agree, there was even a study that showed that people making more then a certain amount ( was 300k a year or something ) start to be less happy then if they made less money.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree, there was even a study that showed that people making more then a certain amount ( was 300k a year or something ) start to be less happy then if they made less money.
    Oh, that's good and that justifies it.

Because it's their money and they should be able to spend it the way they chose to. Holy shit how hard is that to understand. Why do you think you should be able to decide how people use or spend what's theirs?
    so people making millions should be allowed to do whatever they want with their money, but people who have a hard time shouldn't ?

People having millions won't feel a difference, they don't have to give 75% of what they own, they just make less of a interest on the banks.

This tax is actually more to stimulate the rich to inject the money back in the economy instead of letting it rot away on their bank account, and if they reinvest it, they will make more out of it in the long run then what they would have got from the banks.

Because it's their money and they should be able to spend it the way they chose to. Holy shit how hard is that to understand. Why do you think you should be able to decide how people use or spend what's theirs? And it tells people that working hard will only get shit that you earned taken away from you just because you succeeded
    It's not as though millions in the bank just sits around lol, those millions are used by the banks.

Oh, that's good and that justifies it.
    nope what justifies it is that most of the people who have enough money to complain about these income tax are partially responsible for the situation we are in today.
    And people that got fucked because of greed shouldn't have to pay so the greedy can keep more money they don't need just to brag about with their friends.