Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyboy85 View Post
    Total crap man. Spending too much time at home, playing games are bad. Why ? it is unhealthy. I would rather want for my kid to have some proper hobbies. Sport, Cosmology or some like that. Nerds are weak, don't look healthy, have problems with erection.

I used to do WoW for few years, now i'm free and it is way way better, i only played wow, but if i imagine when other people play more games !! MAN it is insane path of life.

Would you really like if your child would look like this ?? and you should have this problem sorted, screw games.
    Because this isnt total crap...

Not every person that plays video games is an unhealthy nerd with erection problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    people I worked with always would say Gaming is childish, you should grow up and live in the real world, as they carried on and spent their wages getting drugged out of their minds not remembering the weekend and not being able to to afford food for the rest of the month...

I think I will take my childish gaming every time and my healthy bank account thanks all the same for the advice..

Well said sir

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Because this isnt total crap...

Not every person that plays video games is an unhealthy nerd with erection problems.
    True, not all gamers are just like that.

In the same way X bashes Y.

Like how Atheists bash religion, how *some* religion bashes the LGBT community, and how old people bash a lot of stuff that's changed (e.g., the LGBT community, African Americans and slavery, the youth/'hip' of this generation, etc).

It's just natural conflict of the human race that has X bashing Y because Y is different from X.

(*sighs at the impending ban this post will probably get, despite bashing nothing :<*)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

and you should have this problem sorted, screw games.
    You say this....on a gaming forum.

Pot meet kettle

Ontopic: The same reason 6 hates 7 it is because it eight 9.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because gaming is pointless ...it's just having fun and sit in chair, destroying your eyes, screwing your back etc...
    Books are educative and you can talk about them with a lot of people...television is bad, but again, you can watch discovery channels etc that can give you insight into stuff etc....Gaming is just wasting time (and yes, im hardcore gamer, progressing hc with my guild...that doesnt mean i'm dumb to see what is gaming doing to my life)

I actually found some interesting articles on people who think video game addiction is not a real disorder. Also, Totalbiscuit gives some interesing opinions on this subject as well.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 08:23 PM ----------

I found osme interesting articles that state that video games might not be actually addictive. here are some interesting videos that state that:
    I also found some interesting studies that Video games are Not addictive as well:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...sterdam-health
    http://psychcentral.com/news/2007/06...r-now/923.html
    Here is Totalbiscuits opinion on the matter:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssXWYR91bs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRWvabBRDc
    Another guys opinion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-DtPtM8cA
    Last edited by Randoman01; 2013-05-27 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Because gaming is pointless ...
    That is where you are wrong.

Gaming is a hobby to most like myself.

Just like building models or drawing or reading.

Some game to relax and relieve the BS of daily life. Gaming is also a good way to tell a story and see amazing art design "Look at Bio Shock Infinite"

Don't try to act like your views on gaming are a fact also gaming can be educative as well.

What I find funny is all those in this thread bashing gaming.....on a gaming forum.

Pot meet kettle.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do the fanatically religious bash athiests?
    Why do athiests bash the religiously fanatical?
    Why do the wealthy bash the underprivilaged?
    Why do the underprivilaged bash the wealthy?
    Why do Democrats bash Republicans?
    Why do Republicans bash Democrats?

Because it's human nature to be hostile to outside entities which don't conform or agree to your outlook and view of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because gaming is pointless ...it's just having fun and sit in chair, destroying your eyes, screwing your back etc...
    Books are educative and you can talk about them with a lot of people...television is bad, but again, you can watch discovery channels etc that can give you insight into stuff etc....Gaming is just wasting time (and yes, im hardcore gamer, progressing hc with my guild...that doesnt mean i'm dumb to see what is gaming doing to my life)
    Reading is entertaining too, you've been reading bad books then.
    Games can be enlightning and teach you a lot of stuff, you've been playing shitty games (like WoW only, the community from mmo's is somewhat negative), we trully dont care if you're an hc raider or a lfg raider, that's the mentality of a dick ingame, thus making you a dick irl... wanna know the truth? We dont give a single fuck, that's the same care I have about non gamers, religion and mostly everything, i don't care about it, but there are people who want to show they're better and their life is 10 times better by doing/being A-B-C when trully no one gives a single damn.

Wanna know why non gamers bash gamers? because everyone feels entitled to say they're better than the one's that next to them, same with music, same with everything, actually there are gamers that bash other gamers because they're "the best".
    Last edited by barackopala; 2013-05-27 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    first of the question at hand seems a bit well.. wrongly placed on this forums. Well my 1st guess. Then i saw this guy and to him i answer

Total crap man. Spending too much time at home, playing games are bad. Why ? it is unhealthy. I would rather want for my kid to have some proper hobbies. Sport, Cosmology or some like that. Nerds are weak, don't look healthy, have problems with erection.

I used to do WoW for few years, now i'm free and it is way way better, i only played wow, but if i imagine when other people play more games !! MAN it is insane path of life.

Would you really like if your child would look like this ?? -snip- and you should have this problem sorted, screw games.
    i respond to you sir! As you are putting very much a stereotype up there. Cause you can never have played a videogame and look like that. Its all too balance your lifestyle. Would you want your children too look like these?

felica day or most loved geek

or some example pics from this article http://www.businessinsider.com/these...ht-2012-7?op=1

With rare exception, 90% of what we do with our lives is finding ways to waste time. The exception being those use their time to make lasting contributions to society. But let's be real, they are a very small percentage of our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo8er View Post
    Why is it that non gamers tend to bash gamers for being involved in their game? Why is it that non gamers seem to take the fun out of everything and hate what we enjoy? They call our interest "A waste of time" or "pointless" and yet they spend the same amount of hours reading a book or watching television. I also think they don't understand anything about video games and complain about it constantly. Why is it that non gamers seem to think everything about our hobby is bad?
    Its cause of the stereotypical projection of gamers on television, movies, reality television etc. Ever seen the, "Make Love not Warcraft" episode of South Park? That is what most people consider gamers to be and look like, the "guy" in that episode.

Its similar with having stereotypical opinions about fat people or blondes being easy to bed, etc, etc, etc.

But you would be quite surprised how many gamers are exactly like the guy in that South Park episode.

Because for the most part video games are a very non-productive hobby comparable to watching movies/drinking but something that you do a lot more often than most people do the aforementioned. I would put watching TV in the same vein as gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    With rare exception, 90% of what we do with our lives is finding ways to waste time. The exception being those use their time to make lasting contributions to society. But let's be real, they are a very small percentage of our society.
    There a lot of other hobbies such as building things, exercise, reading that are all a lot more productive while still being a "waste of time".
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-28 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Boo8er View Post
    Another thing that irritates me is that non gamers want ot see gamers as being "Productive" in society. They want us to be doing active things like everyone else is doing and working 9-5 jobs every day.
    It irritates you that people want you to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There a lot of other hobbies such as building things, exercise, reading that are all a lot more productive while still being a "waste of time".
    The examples you cite all have to do with physical fitness, as compared with improving your mental ability.

Plenty of games encourage you to think in different ways, explore unique situations and storylines and help develop creative and critical thinking. These are all productive benefits of gaming - you can't define a hobby as more "productive" just because you put a larger emphasis on physical activity than on mental.

I'd also like to know in what way reading is more productive than gaming.

why do people say "bash" instead of insult or denegrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why do people say "bash" instead of insult or denegrate?
    Because they're synonyms? Not sure where you're going here.

Gaming is a hobby like anything out there. Do what you enjoy and screw what others think.

my humble opinion: non-gamers bash gamers because they have enough free time to do that. if they were raiding on a tight schedule, doing dailies, capping valor and conquest, farming gold to buy heroic gear on the BMAH and getting all the pet battles daily satchels, they wouldn't have time to bash anybody lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.