Thread: Nerf Incoming?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Passive talents being worse than active talents sounds like the whole Hybrid Tax debate again. A talent should be a talent. That's it.
    Exactly, the talents should be "use x or y depending on boss" and tbh, that's how it is now. Most bosses BS is the best one for while for some bosses I would use AmoC

I find it funny how suddenly BS is "too powerful" but when AmoC was the go-to talent it was fine. The shadowstep effect from BS might make it a bit powerful for target switching, but then that'd defeat the purpose of the name "Blink Strike." I don't get how Iron Hawk is too powerful when it's like our only form of damage reduction outside of our two (one when talented) minute one, which we can't attack during, shrug.

-

I get one is activated and has a focus cost, but it's extremely easy to use, and was already almost a passive in itself.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-05-27 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    lol bs too powerfull make the talent actually work like it's intended would be bloody nice i've seen my pet teleport almost all the time from less than 30y -_-

and crows would benefit from a damage increase / cost reduction / lower timer as it stands

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it makes perfect sense for an active ability to be slightly slightly stronger than a passive. Speaking very generally, AMoC should be the choice for min-maxers and BS should be the choice for those that are happy to have 1 less button to click, and are willing to sacrifice maybe 0.5% dps for it. I don't see how this relates to hybrid-tax in any way, completely different situation.

As for Iron Hawk, I think it's completely ridiculous calling that too strong. 15% passive dmg reduction and a rather clunky Deterrence (what other class has to give up all their dmg during their damage reduction cd) as only defensive abilities, still leaves us far behind certain other classes when it comes to survival.
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-05-27 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    (what other class has to give up all their dmg during their damage reduction cd)
    Mages with ice block.
    Turned around: what other class(than hunter, mage and paladin) can cause ALL attacks to miss/immune/whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Mages with ice block.
    Turned around: what other class(than hunter, mage and paladin) can cause ALL attacks to miss/immune/whatever?
    Rogues and Monks?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Mages with ice block.
    Ok that's one class. And correct me if I'm mistaken (I'm certainly no mage expert), but don't mages have bunch of other defensive options than ice block?

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    I think you're not reading into the comment correctly. They specified "Iron Hawk" not "Hawk", which leads me to believe they are talking about the damage reduction, not the AP. Basically, the damage reduction portion of Iron Hawk is too potent compared to the active option on the same tier (Exhilaration), which is true in my opinion.
    Maybe, but, for example, boomkin have passiv damage reduction just from Moonkin Form (15%), can take Renewal (Instantly heals the Druid for 30% of maximum health. 2 min CD) and glyph of Moonbeast so they can heal in Moonkin Form. Is not it too powerful?

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters are severely lacking in defensive abilities. Our Only decent defense is to keep range, and they keep giving melee more and more gap closers every expac. Warlocks are an absolute nightmare, but aff locks are the one class I cannot beat in 2s. They heal so much and deal absurd damage while los'd.

Deterrence is teh worst defensive cd ever in a world of endless cc abilities. Since we run double dps in 2s I'm forced to use Exhiliration (which heals absurdly low amount of hp compared to the endless heals every other dps class has.) but the double exil lets me and my partner burst down one person until he can throw some heals on me.

Deleted
    i dnt think nerfing blink strike is the way to go.
    we're already pretty low on all 3 specs unlike other classes who have lower but also higher dps specs.
    so i agree with the people saying it would be the best to buff Amoc and Lynx Rush over nerfing blink strike.

as for nerfing iron hawk, well i can see why they want to do that too make other 2 options more attractive.
    and buffing both others might not be such a great idea, before we end up with the QQ second wind had for spirit bond.
    but i dnt like nerfing iron hawk also, since our healers are already sometimes complaining that i'm squishy.
    i hope they buff exhaliration and leave iron hawk alone.

Quote Originally Posted by A Murder of Crows View Post
    Maybe, but, for example, boomkin have passiv damage reduction just from Moonkin Form (15%), can take Renewal (Instantly heals the Druid for 30% of maximum health. 2 min CD) and glyph of Moonbeast so they can heal in Moonkin Form. Is not it too powerful?

I don't believe that Iron Hawk is too powerful... it's necessary to keep us on par with other DPS class damage reductions. As you pointed out, most other DPS classes do have a flat damage reduction of some sort; its why they finally had to break down and give Shamans something in the last patch. What I do believe is that it is too powerful compared to the other talents on the same tier.

That is where I think a lot of the hate in this thread is getting redirected. People are nitpicking, but not looking a the whole. The discussion in the interview wasn't about individual talents, it was about the entire tier it is contained in.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think iron hawk is too powerful (pve), just the other two talents in that row are useless for PVE. for pvp i think spirit bond in that row is pretty weak (my opinion here) but ironhawk and exhiliration both seem pretty good.
    dragonmaw - EU

dear ghostcrawler,

please return lynx rush and rabid to 5.0 status

thank you~~~

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @DotDotPanda We are pretty happy with the new Blink Strikes. Just want to make sure the other talents are still taken seriously by hunters.
    Yep, that sounds like they are nerfing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    dear ghostcrawler,

thank you~~~
    lynx rush was quite OP originally :|
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    dear ghostcrawler,

thank you~~~
    That's not going to happen. However, I do believe that LR could be reverted to its 5.0 state. Yes, it might be burstier than Blink Strike, but it is far easier to counter. The main problem was its behavior in conjunction with Rabid and the Stampede bug.

The thing is that Blizzard has to do something about the class to get any satisfying result.

Cause right now, Hunters scale like shit, have abilities that you just use whenever they come of cooldown. The only way to make hunters competitive right now is just to buff their damage straight out, by buffing, in this case, their AP bonus from Aspect.

iron hawk is too powerful because it doesn't require skill? neither does spirit bond, so i guess that needs nerfing too. pushing a button once every 1.5 minutes and knowing when to use it doesn't require skill either. it sounds like they are thinking about trying to fix things that are not broken rather than working to fix things that are.

IMO they opened a can of worms with the passive vs. active talent comment.

As far as a nerf, https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...77203746754560 indicates they'll probably buff the others.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2013-05-28 at 03:11 AM.

To the OP, probably.

I want to see three talent trees (four for druids) for each class - one for each spec. This would really really really help things out a bit. Try being a paladin, some of your choices are non-choices depending on your spec. The same is very true for druids.

Blink strike for instance should be a BM talent. Iron hawk probably an MM talent. Just my 2 cents.