Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I don't understand why you're coming here looking for validation. Why do you care what random strangers on the internet think?
    I'm genuinely curious in seeing what people think of my actions and I'd rather not ask anyone else in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends girlfriend is Korean (poor region) and he went with her to visit her family. He said the dad woke him up early in the morning asking if he wanted breakfast, they left for breakfast. Turns out breakfast was dog and the dog wasn't butchered yet. They tied the dog up in a tree by its legs and beat the shit out of it for an hour, then butchered it and ate it with ramen noodles. My mates seen some crazy things so this was nothing to him lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'll just be waiting for the horde of people who seemingly value animals over people to rage.
    Actually, in a lot of cases I value animals over people. But not in this case. In this case I'd say he did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Excellent spelling and grammar for a uneducated Pakistani dog murderer.

lol x)

well you do what you have to do in life... after that its up to you how you live with it , who cares what others think? i dont
    As long as i can live with myself i am good.

I moved to Canada about 8 years ago. I have had plenty of time to develop my english. Infact, its one of the things I spent the most time on ever since I came here. Even so, just because I was living in poverty in Pakistan doesn't mean that I never had any understanding of the english language. One of my friends had a tv (he was one of the few in my neighbourhood who did and his financial situation was far better than my own). Myself and alot of other local boys would watch english movies and shows whenever we had spare time. That was pretty much enough for me to have atleast a basic understanding of the english language. I couldn't read or write but I could somewhat speak it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spelling and grammar are not exactly difficult concepts to grasp, so your pretention is hilarious and rude.

ay mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even imagine being in that situation, but I honestly think most people would have done what you did. When your family is at stake you do what needs to be done to provide.

I don't see what the problem is with people eating dogs over say sheep, cattle or deer. Anyways you did what you had to do to get by.

If anyone thinks it's a better choice to see ones family and friends suffer than to capture some stray dogs, well I find that quite disgusting. Anyone who will judge you for this clearly doesn't has any empathy to speak of. Then again I'm not much of a dog person, I guess Max is more important than starving children. I hope the people judging are at least vegan or don't eat anything at all, poor veggies they have feelings too ...

Great experience if you ever need to catch dogs again. Nothing wrong with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any responce to the effect that what you did was wrong would be a pure case of ethnocentricity! If they did not live in the circumstnaces or the environment and are judging what you did based off there experience in a 1st workd setting then they have no real way of understanding how dire your situation was and how yoru culture viwed it. Obviously many thought the same as you as many were out doing the same thing... if it was frowned uppon in your area no one would have participated!

Good job, I know I would do anything if it meant feeding my family. And who cares?? They were stray dogs, I have no issues with people eating animal of any kind.

no pun intended but it's a dog eat dog world. As much as I adore animals I would never expect a person to starve over eating - if it meant hunting/trapping dogs/cats whatever. You basically had your back to the wall - and it was you or the dogs, you are not a monster. And if your friend eats meat he is a damn hypocrit anyhow. Sucks that dogs have so much personality - but other cultures don't see it that way.

@Jackofwind - I see your point totally kinda goes with what I said too, but I would rather die then eat my pets. I figure if times are so tough that I'm going to eat the animals I love so much - then existing in the months, years that follow will only be much much worse.

Deleted
    It's no worse than hunting sheep or cattle. And they were strays, so nobody would really miss them. It might have been different if they had had owners, of course.

There is nothing wrong with that. If a group of European sailors would arrive and pay you for bringing chickens to them, it would seem normal to anybody. So why would catching dogs and selling them to Asians be different?

Personally, I've never understood the moral outrage towards eating dogs - I probably wouldn't do it myself, but I don't see how it's any worse than eating other animals. I grew up on a farm, so I've seen plenty of cuddly lambs and fluffy chickens grow up until they one day appear at the dinner table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    My friends girlfriend is Korean (poor region) and he went with her to visit her family. He said the dad woke him up early in the morning asking if he wanted breakfast, they left for breakfast. Turns out breakfast was dog and the dog wasn't butchered yet. They tied the dog up in a tree by its legs and beat the shit out of it for an hour, then butchered it and ate it with ramen noodles. My mates seen some crazy things so this was nothing to him lol.
    Well that does seem quite wrong. beating an animal to death for an hour seems... I don't know... psychotic maybe. There are ways that dog could've been butchered that were more humane. So your example is a bad one - unless this is some kinda of cultural way of killing a dog before you eat it - and then my friend you have opened up my eyes to how much I hate the Korean culture.

you do what you gotta do to survive, anyone that condemns you for that is an idiot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Most people on this forum have had a much easier life than you so they're gonna judge you incorrectly. I would put my family first over anyone and anything and if you hadn't done it, someone else probably would have. So no I don't think what you did was necessarily wrong.
    I'm going to agree with this; pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Were the dogs likely to get hit by a car, starve, get sick, and die horribly? I'm not fond of deer hunting either, but on the flip side, t's almost worse to let them live.