Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If y'all are talking about the new "big" feature in 5.4, Blizzard has dropped a few hints that it's an option to scale down gear for old content.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That would be a gargantuan waste of time.
    Unless you're a DK or a Monk, then it would be pretty awesome!
    Last edited by Ulgrim; 2013-05-28 at 01:37 AM.

I was promised new dances. Where are they Blizzard? Was the WoTLK reveal a lie or was it just a dream?
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-05-28 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping some kind of Cross-Faction communication...Even in a certain zone or something.

I'm hoping it's cross-faction grouping (I would even take it limited to RealID only). The whole faction thing needs to die and go away anyways.

The dance studio from Wrath's teaser trailer obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Didn't it have something to do with old raids, or a new major feature like what LFR was?
    A lot of people think so but no one at Blizzard has said anything for certain. Apparently we'll hear about it soon enough though. PTR for 5.4 going up relatively soon.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

85% sure Blizzard will either scale up lower lvl raids or scale down players to be able to do them in a challenge mode like fashion. A distant 2nd possibility is some kind of limited freedom to be able to log into other servers. Blizzard hinted at both coming in the future along with new character models, but I firmly believe the new character models will be part of the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I'm hoping it's cross-faction grouping (I would even take it limited to RealID only). The whole faction thing needs to die and go away anyways.
    Then the game would definately die. PvP would die also and no faction pride would make things really boring. But whatever it is guaranteed there will be a complainstorm about it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    85% sure Blizzard will either scale up lower lvl raids or scale down players to be able to do them in a challenge mode like fashion. A distant 2nd possibility is some kind of limited freedom to be able to log into other servers. Blizzard hinted at both coming in the future along with new character models, but I firmly believe the new character models will be part of the next expansion.
    I'll be honest I don't want new models lol. I like my Orcs and Trolls hunched over and my undead's bones showing

Path of the Titans?

Server mergers lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They wanted to get the new dances in with Wrath, but the models gave them a lot of trouble and by the time their plates were cleared enough to pick at them, it was time to start work on Cataclysm; ditto for MoP. My guess is they eventually just decided to hold off and bring them in with the new models to kill two birds with one stone.
    I do believe you just made all that up. Blizz has never said anywhere they planed new "dances" for wrath, they have also said there will never be anything like a dance studio. The dance studio was a joke that people like you seem to take seriously for some reason i can't even fathom. The new models will have the same old dances and will not get new ones. If you want to play a dancing game go fucking buy one but keep it the hell out of RPG games.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Unless you're a DK or a Monk, then it would be pretty awesome!
    Even playing both of mine a lot this would still be a waste of time. Why go back through and add tier sets to classes that didn't exist then just so they have "more tier choice".

There is no way they'd do it as it would only benefit a small small minority. Any feature they come up with will interest a decent amount of people and this isn't one of them.

As for the raid scaling? No, they never hinted at it. They said that if they do people would see it as rehashing content and not likely something they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelanor View Post
    I'm hoping some kind of Cross-Faction communication...Even in a certain zone or something.
    Won't happen, could you imagine the hate filled troll yelling mofos in one channel? You thought trade chat is bad, just mix it cross faction and Ermagerd! chat will be 4 chan and more lol.

• Battlegroups being merged together to form 'super-realms'.
    • Dance studio[/*]
    • WoW going free to play when under 5 million subscribers
    • Flying mounts either removed to changed to only be able to fly for certain periods of time.
    • Making every class able to do full damage/healing on the move.
    • New character models
    • "______ was merely a setback!"
    • Gathering professions made baseline.
    • Lore event (Anduin's death, etc).
    Last edited by Exac; 2013-05-28 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Animations (dances) were promised already in an expansion and taken back while they were in beta. I wouldn't hold my breath for them.
    It makes no sense to release animations before they update the models. Assuming that players have the option to use older models, any dance or other animations would have to work on both model sets.

They'd have to spend time designing, modelling, and animating movements for the old models. Then, after the new models are complete, do another pass at each animation ensuring that it works with both skeletons / skins without fragmentation. It makes more sense to launch them at the same time and develop animations concurrently.

I'd place a bet on level scaling for older content. It'd probably come with a up-scaling gear reward, or (more likely) as an alternative for Valor, pets, novelty gear, etc.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-05-28 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping *crossing fingers* that it's old content scaled up! How fun would that be

Maybe the gear could be replicas for transmog.

It would be awesome! Just think of all content we would be able to do then
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Well, they DID say it was nothing much really, so I'm thinking of something more trivial, like lfr for older content or new "old" tiers for DK and Monk.
    Nothing groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Scenario editor.
    Mind = blown.

I'd probably have to vote for old content scaling up, which is slightly disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, it'd probably be a lot of good fun, but I've ran old raids more than most people and that nostalgia would die real quick. Oh well, I'm sure Blizzard will be able to make something good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Disappointment
    That's not much of a surprise. I've come to expect that from just about all game releases. ;(
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.