What am I supposed to set my loot to as Prot?

So been thinking about dusting off my prot pally and running some LFR to get him geared. But since everyone is stacking haste gear what am I supposed to set my loot to? Do I set it to Prot or Ret? If I go Ret Im pretty sure then I wont get any trinkets, shields, or 1 handers. But if I go as Prot then I will get garbage gear with defense stats and no haste.

Deleted
    You can switch spec between bosses. Check what bosses you need shields from. You still get trinkets as you want ret trinkets.

You will probably be ret on 90% of the bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So been thinking about dusting off my prot pally and running some LFR to get him geared. But since everyone is stacking haste gear what am I supposed to set my loot to? Do I set it to Prot or Ret? If I go Ret Im pretty sure then I wont get any trinkets, shields, or 1 handers. But if I go as Prot then I will get garbage gear with defense stats and no haste.
    we can set our loot role now? noice.
    if so can you set it boss by boss? look at look table before hand and see what upgrades you need from the ret/prot table.
    kaboom!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You can switch spec between bosses. Check what bosses you need shields from. You still get trinkets as you want ret trinkets.

You will probably be ret on 90% of the bosses.
    so basically unless theres a shield or weapon on the loot table go ret?

Pretty much. The only bosses that specifically drop a 1h are Jinrohk, Tortos, Primordius and Iron Qon. The only bosses that have a shield are Primordius and Lei Shen. That being said I'd chase after the weapon from Ion Qon and shield from Lei Shen as the loot options specific to Ret on those two bosses aren't that amazing whereas Primordius has a couple of decent items.

Don't forget to do the daily heroic scenario and, if possible, the daily challenge mode dungeon as that's two chances at a 516.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-28 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    yeah, that's about it. any item with hit, expertise, haste and/or mastery on there is fine for us. avoid crit, but you can still reforge that if needed.

Deleted
    I would not bother going prot for 1hs, unless you need nothing else from the boss. Main hand weapon really do not matter for prots.

More or less.

Shields: Primordius, Lei Shen. Both equally underwhelming (avoidance/mastery). Or Tortos (Int shield with haste).
    Weapons: Jinrohk, Tortos, Primo, IQ.

I'd say go Prot on IQ (esp if human) since you can roll shoulders OR weapon, and both are good.
    Stay Ret on Jinrohk, the weapon is kinda OK, but the belt is sex and Ret specific.
    Primo is OK to go Prot on, but there is some serious junk on that loot table. However, it's got shield AND weapon.
    Tortos loot sucks all around, but there are decent ret/haste shoulders.
    Lei Shen as Prot is OK, as you can get the stam trinket, and I guess the pants aren't terrible.

Everything else as Ret though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

how the hell would I have gotten geared if you couldnt select your loot type cause I run as Prot/Holy

Deleted
    how the hell would I have gotten geared if you couldnt select your loot type cause I run as Prot/Holy
    Respec as retri, queue as retri, go afk entire LFR and hope not to get kicked.

That was how I did as I also play Prot/Holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Respec as retri, queue as retri, go afk entire LFR and hope not to get kicked.

That was how I did as I also play Prot/Holy.
    meh too much faffing.

run normals and sleep with the raid leader

Deleted
    True that works too.