Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Explain to me how eating meat is bad.
    I don't see how it's any of your business what another human being decides to eat or not eat.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I am a Vegan, but I have no issue with people electing to subscribe to other diets. Ironically, being Vegan has generated perhaps the most 'conflict' for me.
    Yeah, I'm a vegan as well and have pretty much the same experience. I dread telling people and usually avoid it. For whatever reason, people will go out of their way to give you rants to the effect of "DERP DERP WHY U NO MEAT?" "WHERE U GET UR B12 FROM BRO? LOL" etc, etc. It's just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Yeah, I'm a vegan as well and have pretty much the same experience. I dread telling people and usually avoid it. For whatever reason, people will go out of their way to give you rants to the effect of "DERP DERP WHY U NO MEAT?" "WHERE U GET UR B12 FROM BRO? LOL" etc, etc. It's just annoying.
    Same story here when I was vegan. I am going back to being vegan this time though I am prepared, for the battle I will be forced into.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's a pretty good substitute and with a great texture

You can just buy it, or make it.

Really easy to make too, vital what gluten and nutritional yeast = seitan, or you can just use plain wheat flour soak in water and knead it till it's just the gluten.
    Gluten is an evolutionary defence mechanism for plants to defend against being eaten (it makes animals very very sick).

Why are you so excited about eating poison ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Gluten is an evolutionary defence mechanism for plants to defend against being eaten (it makes animals very very sick).

...where do you get this info? Only a couple % of the population has any adverse reaction to gluten.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    ...where do you get this info? Only a couple % of the population has any adverse reaction to gluten.
    You're confusing gluten sensitivity with celiac disease.
    Gluten sensitivity is much more widespread. Even though the adverse effects aren't always even noticeable to a large majority of the population, gluten is still technically a poison.

...Science estimates that approximately 40 percent of the population reacts poorly to gluten, and the average onset of symptoms of gluten sensitivity is 35 to 45 years of age...
    There are actually 140 autoimmune diseases that we’ve identified, and the only scientifically agreed upon cause for autoimmune is gluten sensitivity. Now there are other triggers for autoimmune disease. An infection can trigger an autoimmune disease. A vitamin deficiency can trigger an autoimmune disease, particularly vitamin D. But gluten tends to be kind of that central core hub that’s always present. — Dr. Peter Osborne
    Another problem is that gluten causes upregulation of a protein called zonulin produced in the small intestine. Zonulin dismantles proteins in the gut that seal the gut lining creating gaps through which other food proteins may enter the bloodstream and provoke immune responses.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2013-05-30 at 07:02 AM.

You're confusing gluten sensitivity with celiac disease.
    Gluten sensitivity is much more widespread. Even though the adverse effects aren't always even noticeable to a large majority of the population, gluten is still technically a poison.
    Quotes are nice. Sources are better. I see "doctors" on television telling me all kinds of bullshit. Who is this Dr. Peter Osborne, and why should I listen to him?

And yes, I understand the difference between "gluten sensitivity" and coeliac disease. From what I can tell, combining both gives you less than 2.5% of the population. (I put quotes around "gluten sensitivity" because gluten is a combination of things, any one of which a person might be sensitive to.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Who is this Dr. Peter Osborne, and why should I listen to him?
    A chiropractor (who appears to be of the "tinkering with your spine can cure anything" school of wingnuttery) and alternative "medicine" (He calls it "functional medicine") "doctor".

Any invocation of "science" from this guy should be taken with far more salt than your real doctor would be happy with you consuming.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Your source is a chiropractor? On top of this onions and garlic are also toxic to animals, chocolate can cause sickness and death in dogs, so why should people eat chocolate, onions, and garlic if it's toxic? See the error in your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Your source is a chiropractor? On top of this onions and garlic are also toxic to animals, chocolate can cause sickness and death in dogs, so why should people eat chocolate, onions, and garlic if it's toxic? See the error in your argument?
    Plus there's animals who eat grass. We shouldn't eat grass. There's a limit to the stuff we can eat, and grass is well over that limit. But other animals do just fine.

10+ Year Old Account

Better tell all grazing animals asap because they didn't get the memo.

And dogs, because dogs eat grass when they get sick to help their digestion.

opinion's.....opinion's everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Plus there's animals who eat grass. We shouldn't eat grass. There's a limit to the stuff we can eat, and grass is well over that limit. But other animals do just fine.
    Grass is basically just fiber, it's not that far off from eating lettuce or scallion(green onion) stems. It's not going to give you any great nutrition, but it'll help you poop...which is why animals eat it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The anti-gluten nuts have arrived? Delightful. I'd really like to challenge most of the people that say stupid shit like "wheat is poison" to running or lifting competitions. If I'm thoroughly poisoned, why in the world am I slender, fast, and strong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see one of these, I can't help but think of this:

Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Truthfully, dogs can live perfectly fine on a vegan diet. Dogs are descended from wolves, which are omnivorous.

Cats on the other hand, cannot. They are carnivores, and even though they will eat food with say, corn meal, or some other plant product in them, they require meat in some fashion or another to survive.

The majority of a wolves diet is meat. They CAN eat berries and other fruits if its found, but primarily they go for meat.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope