Poll: Should Nigel Farage accept the position?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Aw, diddums. Did the big baddie on the internet hurt your feelings?
    Another astounding effort. Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The EUSSR even has a flag.
    You'll be surprised to know that a lot of countries and international organisations have flags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'll be surprised to know that a lot of countries and international organisations have flags.
    This one incorporates the biggest symbols of oppression including, but not limited to the "Hammer and Sickle".
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-05-28 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one incorporates the biggest symbols of oppression such as the "Hammer and Sickle".
    The point of the picture being that it is a Europe accepting of diverse ideologies, including communism of which the hammer and sickle is a symbol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The point of the picture being that it is a Europe accepting of diverse ideologies, including communism of which the hammer and sickle is a symbol.
    You see. That is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You see. That is a problem.
    Preaching tolerance is a bad thing, apparently.

Deleted
    Preaching tolerance is a bad thing, apparently.
    Well yes, being tolerant of something that's hurtful is a bad thing.

Also I see the symbol of communism, even though there's not any Swastika. So much for tolerance, huh? It's also funny if you think about it in the way that there might even be more neo-nazis than communist to be found today, due to the current economic crisis 'n' stuff.

History has taught us that both are bad though. As such we shouldn't tolerate them enough for them to have any chance of consolidating in parts of society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    Well yes, being tolerant of something that's hurtful is a bad thing.

Also I see the symbol of communism, even though there's not any Swastika. So much for tolerance, huh? It's also funny if you think about it in the way that there might even be more neo-nazis than communist to be found today, due to the current economic crisis 'n' stuff.

History has taught us that both are bad though. As such we shouldn't tolerate them enough for them to have any chance of consolidating in parts of society.
    Nazism == communism?

The theory of communism isn't necessarily hurtful, but the people who have attempted to enact it have indeed caused suffering.

Why is it we can never get a simple 'Yes', 'No' and 'Undecided' poll? You are only limiting the number of people who will respond by adding on that extra tripe.

I think the Tories have actually done something rather clever. If Nigel Farage is anything like the despots that lead the other minor parties, which I am sure he is, he will sell his soul at the first whiff of power.

As for a cabinet position. Why not make him Secretary of State for Scotland? We know how much he loves the place and have seen how the people have embraced him.

10+ Year Old Account
    always love a poll by arctic daishi, always full of bias. though im surprised there is no option for "american or foreigner"
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    always love a poll by arctic daishi, always full of bias. though im surprised there is no option for "american or foreigner"
    They must be allowed to annex No.10 in the name of Murica and Freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a "The UKIP can fuck off" option. They sound like the GOP of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I want a "The UKIP can fuck off" option. They sound like the GOP of the UK.
    Same. They are basically the Tea Party of the UK which is why so many of the usual far right crowd have been promoting them so tirelessly.

Deleted
    Yeah... if that happens, Scottish Independence is pretty much guaranteed. There's a whole bunch of polls floating about regarding people's position on Independence if the Conservatives get in power again in 2015, and it's in the 50%+ support section. Combine that with UKIP?

Recipe for disaster for the Union campaign if that ever happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even companies have flags now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Even companies have flags now...
    *Looks outside*

I can confirm this. Honda do indeed have a flag.

HondaSSR! HondaSSR!

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Why is it we can never get a simple 'Yes', 'No' and 'Undecided' poll? You are only limiting the number of people who will respond by adding on that extra tripe.

I think the Tories have actually done something rather clever. If Nigel Farage is anything like the despots that lead the other minor parties, which I am sure he is, he will sell his soul at the first whiff of power.

As for a cabinet position. Why not make him Secretary of State for Scotland? We know how much he loves the place and have seen how the people have embraced him.
    Minister for Northern Ireland is traditionally the position you choose when you want to push somebody out of the public eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...t-this-poster/

The EUSSR even has a flag.
    Where's the swastika?

Deleted
    biassed poll much?

And where is the option to emigrate immediately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Where's the swastika?
    Nazi symbolism is illegal in Germany.