Can not connect laptop to Wifi, after changing Password?

Hello

Okay so I got a laptop about 4 weeks ago. First time trying to connect to my Netgear's wifi I did not know the password, however they had a option to press a button on the side of the modem and it allowed me to connect to it. All was good until my family got some Smartphones on a new plan. In order to connect to the Wifi on it, it needed a password. Doing research I discovered how to change / set my modems Password. 2 Days later tried logging onto the Laptop via Wifi I keep getting a

"Checking network requirements" followed by a "Can't connect to this network" My Smartphones connect to the modems Wifi perfectally fine. Desktops connected via Ethernet work fine, and even the laptop connected to it with a Ethernet works. But the laptop just will not connect to my Wifi anymore

Any Idea how I can fix this?

Again to sum it up. Worked fine up until I did my password, I previously connected to the Wifi just by pressing the button, recently changed my P/W so I can connect my phones. I also do not get any password prompt for my Wifi on the laptop, Wifi connections in the area bring up a Password option, but mine just has a connect to this network, followed by constant fails.

Well, it might be that your computer has trouble editting the password due to some unknown error.
    My suggestion would be to find the file where your wifi networks are stored and delete the network in question, giving you the ability to renew it.
    http://superuser.com/questions/42462...e-in-windows-7 can also help in a way.

basically your computer saved a profile for the old password and now he will always try to use that profile to connect , what you should do is go to network and sharing center and click on manage wireless connections on the left side , then you delete the profile for your network and try to connect again