Building Several Bitcoin Mining Rigs

hey guys i need your help/advice/opinion on some thing.
    me and 2 of my friends decided to build 10-20 systems for bit-coin mining , and we would like some ideas about builds we should use .
    obviously the basics are known (use amd cards not nvidia , cooling and PSU importance ,etc...) but i would appreciate if ppl give me list of their suggested builds so i can compare .
    my estimated budget per system is around 1000 euros hoping to put cross-fire and if budget-fitting 3 way cross-fire , basing it on linux so no need for os/hard drive , peripherals like OD or mouse and kybd , though i can be flexible to ideas fitting the budget limit.
    if some one can refer me to a supplier that can do a bulk purchase discount in Greece or a country that is 10-15 hours drive in car away ill be greatfull and even throw in some money donation as a thanks .

Why not buy something like this? It can mine bitcoins way faster than any computer that you can build. https://products.butterflylabs.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Having tracked the bitcoin economy and the power required to do such... I'd highly recommend against doing such. The time it would take you to cash back on $20,000 worth of bitcoins would take longer at the rate things are going than the systems would remain useful.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Having tracked the bitcoin economy and the power required to do such... I'd highly recommend against doing such. The time it would take you to cash back on $20,000 worth of bitcoins would take longer at the rate things are going than the systems would remain useful.
    thats why im separating it to 10-20 systems not one uber system , my money people know the risks and want to sponsor this experiment and we will take our chance i guess.

@ stalkerzzzz : the time it takes them to supply those systems is very very slow , people reported up to half a year wait due to stick issues so its not a viable solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkkiller View Post
    thats why im separating it to 10-20 systems not one uber system , my money people know the risks and want to sponsor this experiment and we will take our chance i guess.
    Okay =D just saying. Warned ya. Very recently they've become vastly harder to cash in on.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Okay =D just saying. Warned ya. Very recently they've become vastly harder to cash in on.
    Just to add to this, as far as I know as it's all online the currency does fail victim to BDoS attacks on the bank servers or however it works and due to this the value of the currency has dipped recently from the last thing I read. But of course, if you're aware of the risks, good luck!

Afaik it's borderline if GPU mining can be profitable anymore, professional miners use custom FPGA boards now. Difficulty has gone up so high that single GPU mining went unprofitable last year already.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont wast your money on 20 systems , you wont ever recover that money with the ASICS and all that have been showing up its just not possible.

That 1.500 GH/s miner seems to be costing 30000$. Profit calculator gave me this

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    That 1.500 GH/s miner seems to be costing 30000$. Profit calculator gave me this
    care to share the url to that page?

Quote Originally Posted by Junkkiller View Post
    care to share the url to that page?
    http://bitclockers.com/miningcalculator

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be made clear that they're doing this as an experiment, not for money. Because GPU mining is a net profit loss, no matter how you swing it.

I think people misunderstand bitcoins, and bitcoin mining. The purpose of bitcoin mining is not to 'turn idle cpu/gpu cycles into cash'. It's used as a work system to stabilize the flow of a currency. The majority, and profitable part, of bitcoins have already been mined. That part is past. The important aspect of bitcoins is how they are used and managed, now. I actually wrote up a couple papers and journals for my Econ classes regarding Bitcoins, volatility, security, and prediction of markets involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    See my note above about BFL. I used your numbers for the calculations. To add to that, the hashrate of my 670 was approx. 90MH/s at stock. Overclocking it by +100 core (the limit it could manage without causing a driver or system crash) gave me 110MH/s, but it'd sometimes flake out and drop calculations completely.
    The difficulty of BTC is growing a lot faster than graphics card becoming more powerful which is quite obvious :P Last year tried mining by myself with 800MH/s when a coin was 8$-10$ worth, so after 15 or 20hours 0,1BTC orsomething which was just a waste. I've noticed a lot of black screens at stock settings with fans on 100%, the VRM didn't really love mining at all. Running cards like that 24/7, they are going to die quite fast for sure so again a reason to not gpu-mine.

Don't waste your time/money on bitcoins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Don't waste your time/money mining on bitcoins.
    Fixed that for ya