Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Probably not the place to ask this, but it's somewhat on topic.

I'm currently in a 4/12 normal guild with a bunch of mates, and at the moment we're pugging/using new recruits for about 3 spots every week. I'm happy enough, but what little progression we've made has been pretty painful, and I've have been considering applying to a more progressed guild as I'd love to see 12/12 normal before 5.4. Not that I want to get carried to 12/12, more that I'm not even close to confident that our current team has the drive or stability to make it.

My problem is this: I'm a WW monk (with a BM off-spec that I'm 75% confident with), and I only capped him about a month ago. In that time, I've busted my balls gearing him up to the point that I'm the top geared player in our team at 514 ilvl. But still, as a melee dps of a less well performing class, with about a week /played at 90 (if that), would anyone even be interested? From reading application templates and requirements, it seems that I'm pretty boned on lack of experience with my class alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    Probably not the place to ask this, but it's somewhat on topic.

I'm currently in a 4/12 normal guild with a bunch of mates, and at the moment we're pugging/using new recruits for about 3 spots every week. I'm happy enough, but what little progression we've made has been pretty painful, and I've have been considering applying to a more progressed guild as I'd love to see 12/12 normal before 5.4. Not that I want to get carried to 12/12, more that I'm not even close to confident that our current team has the drive or stability to make it.

My problem is this: I'm a WW monk (with a BM off-spec that I'm 75% confident with), and I only capped him about a month ago. In that time, I've busted my balls gearing him up to the point that I'm the top geared player in our team at 514 ilvl. But still, as a melee dps of a less well performing class, with about a week /played at 90 (if that), would anyone even be interested? From reading application templates and requirements, it seems that I'm pretty boned on lack of experience with my class alone.
    Since 5.3 our WW has been pretty strong (complete shit before that). You have an advantage in that bow BM and MW are pretty desirable. It's kinda 'cheating' I guess, but we generally boost 1-2 random ppl a week on lei shen (one random we find to be a nice guy, one social/alt or something), so if you wanted to we could probably boost you lei shen to help you get recruited. ;p (eu)

Haha appreciated, but Oceanic over here :P

I had a bit of trouble last tier when my 4/16HM guild fell apart. I'm kinda terrified of my guild history as well, since I'm going to look like a chronic guild hopper, having joined another guild soon after that, which promptly fell apart, and then another one after that, which fell apart too...that kind of threw me off the game entirely for a couple of months and I took a break. Came back and picked up the monk from scratch, which explains my short play time on that toon. Epeenbot tells me I'm performing at about 75th-80th percentile, so I'm not a TOTAL chump with it. Just a bit hesitant to be apply elsewhere if I'm gonna get shot down over and over.

I wish the guild finder was a little more robust but oh welly.

When I was in your position I just settled for a guild that had a core spot, or something close.
    The guild wasn't very good but I'll be damned if they didn't have heart and pushed what they could.

But I stuck with them until one of the better guilds accepted my app and had a nice recruitment process.
    They made sure to rotate in recruits on farmed content (without loot unless no one needed) and saw how we performed.
    Luckily my class had a nice "interrupt" niche so I was a shoe in.

But in short: get what you can for now (it'll be shit but you can still sharpen your skills) and keep applying.
    download all the good addons you'd think they'd love to see and post a screen of your UI (don't have to use all of them in raid, just for the screen). Also a DPS test wouldn't hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This pmuch. If you put in the effort it's quite easy to pug 12/12 on most servers, and not downing anything past council or even getting jin'rokh down each week, is just you not giving a fuck.
    My server, Stormreaver-EU is medium-high population and I have never seen a pug get past council. Most of them can't get past Horridon. Even Jin'Rokh was too difficult for pugs in the first weeks of 5.2. So stop talking your elitist bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    My server, Stormreaver-EU is medium-high population and I have never seen a pug get past council. Most of them can't get past Horridon. Even Jin'Rokh was too difficult for pugs in the first weeks of 5.2. So stop talking your elitist bullshit.
    If you are competent enough make your own pug then? To get past council you need like 5 players who aren't complete retards, if you can't find that on a medium-high server you simply aren't looking hard enough. I never claimed that a random trade pug started by mage with 3/12 and spirit gear would make it very far, I don't think most pugs on my server do either. I simply just make my own (I have a decent rep on my server, which helps to fill it up) or join people who I know are competent, I'd never join a random guy spamming trade, that's the difference. If actually putting some effort in means that I'm an elitist I suppose that's true:P.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-30 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    I see full trade pugs at least getting to Durumu every single week.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Since 5.3 our WW has been pretty strong (complete shit before that). You have an advantage in that bow BM and MW are pretty desirable. It's kinda 'cheating' I guess, but we generally boost 1-2 random ppl a week on lei shen (one random we find to be a nice guy, one social/alt or something), so if you wanted to we could probably boost you lei shen to help you get recruited. ;p (eu)
    It really sucks that Windwalker requires RoR and 4-piece to be competitive at all. Try to at least get the LFR version if you're not at N Lei Shen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I'd say I leave very good impressions. I always make an effort to sound polite and all that stuff.
    +

http://ancientstorm.guildlaunch.com/....php?t=8767923

=

Does not compute.

Sarithus:Why on earth would I enchant and gem a piece of gear that would be replaced almost instantly? The only pieces I haven't touched are items below heroic gear. But that's fine, I decided against this guild as it is wholly unprofessional.
    There is no need to have an alt. This guild is full of children that can't spell. Thanks for saving me the time of /gquit'ing once I got in.

My main character is full gemmed/reforged and enchanted on gear that matters. It baffles me that you think it's acceptable to decline me over not enchanting and gemming non heroic gear. Ha.

If i can find this application by doing a simple google search of your name, you can be sure guilds you apply to can do the same, and while people can change as they mature, this does not make you seem like the kind of person i would want to spent 9+ hours a week raiding with.

You also still haven't sorted out your professions, and have upgraded very few items via the new valor point upgrades, and unfortunatly warriors are simply not in a good enough place that that sort of thing can be acceptable right now.
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2013-05-30 at 04:53 AM.

Maybe they just look at your armory. You are way over the hit cap, but you still have too many hit gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post
    Well that's awkward...

Even when applying to a normal guild your attitude is completely inappropriate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i can find this application by doing a simple google search of your name, you can be sure guilds you apply to can do the same, and while people can change as they mature, this does not make you seem like the kind of person i would want to spent 9+ hours a week raiding with.
    While OP's attitude seems immature, the comments from the guild are just short-sighted and dumb. He was right to tell them to, basically, stay with their own kind.

It takes a few k gold and a weekend to level a "raiding profession" so in the grand scheme of things that's insignificant.

That said, I wouldn't want OP in my guild if he was going to react that way to rejection.

Any good guild will take you, just log and LFR, and if you are really as skilled as you say you are you'll be recruited. That's how I got into a guild when I rerolled in 5.2, Joined my guild at 470 ilvl

Gem / enchant yourself (no one wants to take a lower progress player who doesn't help himself).
    Run lfr for logs.
    Apply to guilds within your reach (~4/12-11/12)

Try to talk to them ingame first as opposed to on forums. Find out if they have good raiding times for you and discuss all details first. If you fit, do a formal application.

Deleted
    +1

Classic.

Seriously, doesn't matter what guild you apply to... Doesn't matter if they're 1/12 normal you're still asking if you can be a part of THEIR team. Huntord even offered you a social spot (he wasn't obliged to by any means) with the the possibility of moving on to a raid team at a later date (after some improvement) and you just rage posted back.

Not cool. Illusions of grandeur

In my experience, starting playing the game in late TBC (never max level), I had no clue about this "end game", I played to level and figured stuff out as I went, it took me all of Wrath to progress to a 25man Heroic raiding guild that I stayed with throughout all of Cataclysm, achieving top 50 world rank in 25man. Also ontop of that, I played Survival at the time in ICC, I had never played MM before when I joined and I still passed trial. And just to say, I faction/server transferred 4 times before ending up where I am now.

Now, how did I get here? I guild hopped quite a bit, there was 1 guild on the way there that I stayed in for 4-5 months before moving on, I climbed the ladder and when I applied to the guild I was in in Cata, I had done 3/12H in 25man, 10/12H in 10man, and they had done 11/12H in 25man, 12/12H in 10man.
    How did i get in? I made an application, it was pretty fucking garbage, had no WoL until I added it a few days later, yet I still got accepted.

And this leads me to the point about "good" applications, all the REALLY good players we have had were either awful applications or recruited through word of mouth, aka, someone knows this guy. A lot of the wall-o-text & "perfect" applications have ended up being bad players, not all mind you, but the majority were not as good.

And next up about being as good as you can, if you're not having the best enchants AT ALL TIMES, then a lot of guilds will straight up reject you, I have the top tier enchants on several of my alts and while I do have guild, it's easy gold I made off the auction house every few months when I start running low.

Last point, if you want to join a serious hard mode guild, you need to have raiding professions, mining is not a raiding profession. Some lower progressed guilds might want the same, but that's up to them, majority of people want the other people they raid with to put in the same amount of effort.
    Last edited by Kiea; 2013-05-30 at 06:56 AM.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Well played sir.

OP certainly showed his true colours in the comments at the end. It's probably the real reason why hes still looking for a guild. He portrays himself as a mature player with certain credentials but goes full retard when things don't go his way.

Deleted
    +

You also still haven't sorted out your professions, and have upgraded very few items via the new valor point upgrades, and unfortunatly warriors are simply not in a good enough place that that sort of thing can be acceptable right now.
    Galad for president please

Infracted; If you have nothing constructive to add, don't spam. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-30 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    While OP's attitude seems immature, the comments from the guild are just short-sighted and dumb. He was right to tell them to, basically, stay with their own kind.

It takes a few k gold and a weekend to level a "raiding profession" so in the grand scheme of things that's insignificant.

That said, I wouldn't want OP in my guild if he was going to react that way to rejection.
    I'd never apply to a guild with a gathering profession ever, but if you make clear that you'll replace it right away if you get accepted, fair enough. Applying with unenchanted gear, and then even having the guts to say that you'll keep it unenchanted until you get better when it's pointed out, is just a big fat no. This is just excluding everything else that indicates that he put absolutely no effort into his character (no tot pugging, no cms, no previous experience) nor put any effort at all into his application (it's the bare minimum, which can be okay if everything about his character is stellar/there's logs, otherwise not). I've been the officer in several guilds and I can't think of a single one where we'd accept a player like that unless we had a major crisis.

@Galad. Thanks for the link, this is hilarious.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-30 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I'd never apply to a guild with a gathering profession ever, but if you make clear that you'll replace it right away if you get accepted, fair enough. Applying with unenchanted gear, and then even having the guts to say that you'll keep it unenchanted until you get better when it's pointed out, is just a big fat no. This is just excluding everything else that indicates that he put absolutely no effort into his character (no tot pugging, no cms, no previous experience) nor put any effort at all into his application (it's the bare minimum, which can be okay if everything about his character is stellar/there's logs, otherwise not). I've been the officer in several guilds and I can't think of a single one where we'd accept a player like that unless we had a major crisis.

@Galad. Thanks for the link, this is hilarious.
    as i said earlier, op is full of shit and worthy of a response :P