Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Nope. Just wasn't aware that GW2 attracts the creepy japanophile bunch, which is sort of a turn-off.
    Protip: Schoolgirl fetishes are definitely a thing in the West. So are bikini's and swimsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "I love this game where I go around murdering 90,000 beings of every shape and size just because they have some copper pieces on them, or someone told me to, or I need a fang from them. But man, if I see a girl in a bikini, I'm out of here. That's just TOO RACY for me."
    Sounds about right for US society. Chopping off heads, no problem, show a little tit? Oh my god, call the press.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    There's the quick way, and the right way.
    No there is a band aid fix then there is the right way. This particular scenario where a band aid fix would be welcomed on top of the "we are working on something better for the next few months".

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty exiting !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No there is a band aid fix then there is the right way. This particular scenario where a band aid fix would be welcomed on top of the "we are working on something better for the next few months".
    Read what I was responding to. Sure, having something in temporarily might have been a good idea, but, well, they didn't, deal with it. The point I was responding to, specifically, was when you said, "Did it really take that long just to do this?" And the answer is sure it did, they were doing it the right way. I also love how you threw in "just" to make it seem like it's not a major overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Nope. Just wasn't aware that GW2 attracts the creepy japanophile bunch, which is sort of a turn-off.
    Given that well over half of the character names I see are of Japanese origin (and I'm assuming most are plucked from anime) it does not surprise me.

And the people were convincing me that the game will be of a Western sort. But what would they say now when that ridiculous miniskirt 'school' suits are added?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And the people were convincing me that the game will be of a Western sort. But what would they say now when that ridiculous miniskirt 'school' suits are added?
    Probably the same thing as all the other games that have fetish/skimpy outfits in it that are Western developed. Sex sells.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Probably the same thing as all the other games that have fetish/skimpy outfits in it that are Western developed. Sex sells.
    Edge, you should know better

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Edge, you should know better
    I'm somewhat drunk. Don't judge me. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, about time, I personally want a system that forms the group and ports me in, I see no reason for anything else, making me portal outside the dungeon would just be ludicrous and a waste of time/coins, a fully automated portalling LFG is what this game needs for me, I haven't enjoyed the experience of using the website its clunky, the groups either get filled too quickly or they don't like that I have only done a few story modes. I've yet to see a coherent reason for not making the lfg automated/portal.

The schoolgirl outift...pass as always, I'm as susceptible to the whole schoolgirl fantasies as most males but I never feel comfortable playing a character dressed as it, kinda what turned me off tera.

Any tool that removes the world from a game that's designed around the world (ie, automation, teleportation) is wrong,
    Oh just noticed this, bizarre really, the game pretty much removes the immersion of world by choice, loading screens, teleporting, access to AH anywhere, magically sending of items, really does not an immersive world make. The game is already designed for ease, why chuck in an antiquated finder system, and please don't pull the whole it cuts out communication, this whole game groups hordes of people together with little to no need for communication throughout the whole game. The lfg ive been involved in have been as dead as any wow/rift/swtor grouping ive found, it maybe anecdotal but its completely not true that automation is the problem from my experiences.
    Take Wvwvw we go round as a guild, people join us, do they talk or introduce themselves, no they run around and chase after us, when we do group events as a guild, no one says anything while were downing the bosses.
    Question, should the game not teleport us just so we can teleport ourselves and if so how does that help the game?
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-31 at 08:30 AM.

He wasn't talking about immersion though. Which would be irrelevant in all cases.

Immersion is not gameplay.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-05-31 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    He wasn't talking about immersion though. Which would be irreverent in all cases.

Immersion is not gameplay.
    What does he mean by removes the world then, and immersion was only half my point. The way I read it is is similar to a lot of complaints from the wow lfg tool, that immersing yourself in the world was destroyed by zipping and portalling everywhere. And irreverent is not the word you're looking for here.

Immersion is not gameplay..wut? This comment is just...well pointless.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-31 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What does he mean by removes the world then
    He meant the world as primary play device.

Which is not the case in Warcraft, for example.

And irreverent is not the word you're looking for here.
    Hehe. Spelling mistake. Irrelevant.

Immersion is not gameplay..wut?
    It isn't gameplay.

Gameplay embody the rules of the game, in other words. Getting lost in the feeling you are a magical elf tiptoeing through the forest with your sapling bow is not a game rule. That is not gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems a bit late as honeslty the games already a bit.. um maybe not dead but inactive or somethin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    He meant the world as primary play device.

Which is not the case in Warcraft, for example.
    I don't understand this sentence, google doesnt understand this sentence, why do you make me struggle so.

As to immersion not being a gameplay, neither s chocolate I am double lost now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't understand this sentence, google doesnt understand this sentence, why do you make me struggle so.

As to immersion not being a gameplay, neither s chocolate I am double lost now.
    Don't ask for explanation or you will get more jargon in yo face.

But to removing the world: GW2 utilizes the world as a primary play device. On current design, the world is always present in what you are doing other than instanced content, though you use the world to travel to that content. There's no way to continue playing the game if you remove the world in GW2.

As compared to WoW, where you can remove the world while still continuing to play the game, ie. the queue from SW/Org over and over and over stuff.
    BAD WOLF

You can't play immersion, dudes.

Gameplay is the only [non monetary] reason video games exist.

TIL people still play GW2.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-31 at 05:23 PM.

The population is pretty stable and has been for a while from my experience.