Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it stupid for people to get mad about coincidental crap like this? Of coarse.

Does that tea pot look exactly like Hitler? Yes. Yes it does.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I don't think i've facepalmed so hard at such a group of moronic people in quite a while.

"OH NO SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE HITLER, MUH FEELINGS ARE HURT!!"

I wonder if they were all Jewish?
    i fail to find anything about hitler or his actions funny.

that said i think this teapot thing is silly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things like this are why I hate people....jackasses with nothing better to do that take offense at random crap and make other people 's life difficult because their panties are in a knot over something meaningless.

I see an abstract of Hitler but the sign should have taken down because who puts a billboard up for an ugly ass teapot? No wonder Jcpennys going bankrupt

I'm a little nazi short and stout......

not sure if it's bad because the marketing guys screwed up, or it's bad because any time someone sees a moustache like that, the assume it's hitler.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I saw it and the first thing I saw was hitler, bad advertisements are bad.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

i saw it as a tea pot and nothing more. i feel like people can say anything resembles anything and complain about it these days.

10+ Year Old Account

I hardly see any resemblence.

Anyway. Give it a hat and its charlie.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Honestly the 'hur derp why would anyone be offended' responses are far more offensive than the accidental kettle. It seems a lot of people need to get some basic human empathy.
    if people are seeing hitler in places he isnt that deserves no empathy. "empathy" the way you are describing it is more like enabling a mental condition and pandering to it
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I hardly see any resemblence.
    I find that hard to believe since it's basically the same exact imagery. (unless my sarcasm detector is broken)

Nazis ruined both swastikas and silly little mustaches.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-05-30 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I find that hard to believe since it's basically the same exact imagery.

It doesn't even look like a mustache. It takes me about half a second for the suggestion to clear from my visual cortex and for me to realize it has absolutely no real resemblance.

Did Hitler have a circular mustache? Is there something I'm missing here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I don't think i've facepalmed so hard at such a group of moronic people in quite a while.

"OH NO SOMETHING LOOKS LIKE HITLER, MUH FEELINGS ARE HURT!!"

I wonder if they were all Jewish?
    As a jew, ^this^ is more offensive than the Hitler teapot.
    Seriously though, it did look like Hitler, and with how sensitive people are it doesn't surprise me that they took the add down. It's not like they are going to stop selling, because if you look at it without seeing Hitler it looks like a very nice teapot, so who gives a shit.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But that's stupid, it's obviously not trying to look like Hitler.
    Dammit teapot, stop trying to look like hitler!

some internet troll probably stated it looked like hitler then stupid people followed. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few lawsuits against jcpenny because stupid sensitive people are always looking to get free money from something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I find that hard to believe since it's basically the same exact imagery. (unless my sarcasm detector is broken)

Only in America I guess. If it wasn't for the hint I would not have spotted that and even now I cant get past the like of mustache. It has a black curvy handle, there must be loads of these out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i fail to find anything about hitler or his actions funny.

that said i think this teapot thing is silly.
    People have been using Hitler as a figure of fun since the 40s, e.g. Charlie Chaplin in 'The Great Dictator', the playground song 'Hitler has only got one ball', Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, etc.

OT: The advert does bear a passing resemblance to a cartoon Hitler, not sure why people would be offended at it, but I can understand why the company pulled it.

Though I do think they've missed a trick, as they could bring out an entire kitchen set - a toaster that looks like Stalin, and a teapot that looks like Pol Pot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    People have been using Hitler as a figure of fun since the 40s, e.g. Charlie Chaplin in 'The Great Dictator', the playground song 'Hitler has only got one ball', Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, etc.

OT: The advert does bear a passing resemblance to a cartoon Hitler, not sure why people would be offended at it, but I can understand why the company pulled it.

Though I do think they've missed a trick, as they could bring out an entire kitchen set - a toaster that looks like Stalin, and a teapot that looks like Pol Pot.
    I found another within 20 seconds of looking, hitler kettle conspiracy is spreading!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-...item43b7c3c877

and another

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alessi-9093-.../dp/B001DSNM4E

What an utter garbage complaint to make, its a kettle design that's been around for god knows how long.