Thread: Help me DPS

Help me DPS

worldoflogs.com/reports/tvd3snscwo5l9whb/

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Hoofs/advanced

can't be sure if What I'm doing wrong So I'd like some advise. I know I should be doing more but it'
    s driving me crazy trying to figure out why I'm not meeting my potential.

all criticism tip and tricks are welcome I want to hear it. I've been playing frost a really long time but I have never felt live I've been playing it to the correct potential.

Armory for reference
    Last edited by twohoofs; 2013-05-30 at 06:10 AM.

First of all, your gemming is kinda all over the place. In blue sockets you put haste/hit but in reds you put pure int, and yellows is just all whack. Either go haste gemmed or int gemmed, not a mix of the two. Your reforging though looks good enough, though that's hard to screw up so yea.

Looking at logs, you have a fairly low uptime on Invoker's and NT. You should be using an addon to track both and aim to have 90%+ uptimes with both on every fight. You only used AT and IV once on in-Rokh when you could have easily fit in 2 so work on that. Looks like you could've gotten more than 2 AT+IV in on Horridon as well. I would also go NT on Horridon over FB, as the adds are generally too far spread apart or there's too little off them clustered together for FB to be better than NT.

Other than that, not much else to say other than read the Frost sticky for some more basic tips if you haven't already.

Deleted
    Hi there,

First of all, I don't claim to be a pro or anything, but I found a few pointers:

- Your uptime on Invocation should be higher (logs show 76 and 81% uptime)
    - You are using a pre-pot and seem to manage to extend (using Alter Time) it, doing a good job there.
    - However, you don't use Alter Time to extend TimeWarp/Heroism/Bloodlust/Whatever, which you (in my opinion) should use AT for.
    - You seem to use ALOT of Icelances while FoF is up. Ideally you don't want that. Ofcourse, when fireblast is on cooldown, you're too far for CoC, you can always cast an Icelance if you HAVE to move, but rather take time to cast some more FB's.
    - Gems/enchants seem fine.
    - Reforges: I would advise you to never reforge into crit, rather reforge into mastery if you cannot reforge into haste.
    - Your Jin' Rokh kill took approx 5 minutes, however you only used your 3min CD's (AT/IV/etc) only once. You could do more burst and overall DPS if you use that twice. Especially since you people use heroism early in the fight. That's the appropriate time for you to hit everything you've got and have it all back up in time for a second burst later in the fight.
    - Your bomb choice surprise me, you're using NT on a single target boss and FB on a multi-target boss. Might want to switch that around (personally I just prefer to use NT everywhere). Whatever bomb you choose, make sure its uptime is as high as possible. On Jin' Rokh you managed a less than 80% uptime on your bomb, which is alot of wasted DPS and chance on procs.
    - Last but not least: replace that 522VP trinket asap with a RPPM (502+) trinket from ToT, if you can.

To sum up: Focus on NT/FB/Invoc uptime. Minimize movement to the absolute necessary and use your AT to extend Heroism/beneficial trinket procs. Use your cooldowns more efficiently, so you can get optimal DPS output from them.

Hope it helps you a little

Good luck!

Keejos

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    First of all, your gemming is kinda all over the place. In blue sockets you put haste/hit but in reds you put pure int, and yellows is just all whack. Either go haste gemmed or int gemmed, not a mix of the two. Your reforging though looks good enough, though that's hard to screw up so yea.
    I was gemming haste to get to the 9498 haste cap I don't have enough haste to hit the 12k haste cap (I could probably squeeze another 1k haste but that is wasted if I'm not reaching a cap as far as I know)

Since im over the 9k cap I've been gemming back to int on everything over the cap. that's what i've been doing there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Looking at logs, you have a fairly low uptime on Invoker's and NT. You should be using an addon to track both and aim to have 90%+ uptimes with both on every fight.
    Do you have an Addon you suggest?
    Last edited by twohoofs; 2013-05-30 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where people have gotten the idea to gem int after each haste cap but there's no need. Just gem straight haste and once your over the 12k cap then you can consider other options. (I would just continue to gem haste until the 15.6k cap)
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-05-30 at 07:09 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twohoofs View Post
    WeakAuras or Tellmewhen would both do the trick. (I use TMW for both NT/Evoc uptime, but also to make all my trinket procs and Jade spirit more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I don't know where people have gotten the idea to gem int after each haste cap but there's no need. Just gem straight haste and once your over the 12k cap then you can consider other options. (I would just continue to gem haste until the 15.6k cap)
    what benefit does haste give in between haste caps? I'm not arguing I'm just wondering.
    Last edited by twohoofs; 2013-05-30 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what benefit does haste give in between haste caps? I'm not arguing I'm just wondering.
    Faster frostbolts, waterbolts and a quicker gcd. Plus more rrpm procs.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    - Last but not least: replace that 522VP trinket asap with a RPPM (502+) trinket from ToT, if you can.
    What trinket do you suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    What trinket do you suggest?
    For frost any 502 ToT trinket except UVLS is better then the vp trinket.
    Armory

HA, I suppose i was asking which is best, is there a thread with frost mage BiS gear, or a website or something I have all the ToT LFR trinkets

i guess im asking chi-ye or breath, which is better? i'm guessing hydra

10+ Year Old Account
    Wushoolay's and BotH is what you want as frost. Cha-ye is a bit worse but still better then the vp trinket.
    Armory

ok so sum up what I got so far

-uptimes are garbage fix that

-gem straight haste and drop that Vp Trinket

- Use IV/AT more

anything else I'm missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you remember the proc priority of 2nd FoF>BF>1st FoF and get good at snapshotting dots and yeah that's about it.

The rest is just knowing how to play each fight and practice.
    Armory

I was gemming haste to get to the 9498 haste cap I don't have enough haste to hit the 12k haste cap (I could probably squeeze another 1k haste but that is wasted if I'm not reaching a cap as far as I know)

Since im over the 9k cap I've been gemming back to int on everything over the cap. that's what i've been doing there anyway

Just go full haste or full int, don't worry about the breakpoints that much.

The addons I use is TellMeWhen for bombs and Weakauras for Invokers. There was a topic recently where people posted their strings for Inokvers so you can try to look for that and just import it if you don't feel like making your own.