Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gree return, ingame event May 21 to May 28

They have it up on the official website.... however as with all these ingame events, would it hurt to have them for longer than 1 single week? I can almost sense that something will come up and prevent me yet from another event because... it's just up for one week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    They have it up on the official website.... however as with all these ingame events, would it hurt to have them for longer than 1 single week? I can almost sense that something will come up and prevent me yet from another event because... it's just up for one week
    It's a week as it's not balanced for 55. It's still lvl 50 mobs and so will be even more of a doddle for players (who are 55 of course). They mention that the next time the event will occur it will be as a lvl 55 event.

"This is a great time for players at level 45+ to jump into the event before the event returns at level 55 in the future."

I'm happy it's come back as I need about a week to get to 'Legend' and finally get that blooming sphere speeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    It's a week as it's not balanced for 55. It's still lvl 50 mobs and so will be even more of a doddle for players (who are 55 of course). They mention that the next time the event will occur it will be as a lvl 55 event.

"This is a great time for players at level 45+ to jump into the event before the event returns at level 55 in the future."

I'm happy it's come back as I need about a week to get to 'Legend' and finally get that blooming sphere speeder.
    I'd prefer having an event on an existing planet so you can engage with lower lvl characters and the mobs would be tuned to your level (like what they did for the Rakhgoul event).

Deleted
    They really like this Gree event, how many times has this been put in game now?

I am new to the game and just got my Juggernaut to level 48, can someone tell me how I can take advantage of this event? Id hate to miss out because im new to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    They really like this Gree event, how many times has this been put in game now?
    Once... There was another (different) event that introduced the Gree, but it was a completely different event. There was still one other event that was identical to this one coming out back around January?

The quests will be on Ilum. You'll likely need to be 50 to participate or survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithbad View Post
    I am new to the game and just got my Juggernaut to level 48, can someone tell me how I can take advantage of this event? Id hate to miss out because im new to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
    The quests will be on Ilum. You'll likely need to be 50 to participate or survive.
    Gree In-Game Event Returns
    The ancient Gree starship, Gray Secant, returns to Ilum between May 21 and May 28 bringing with it great rewards, including unique armor, pets, weapons, and more!

Join with friends for another chance to earn valuable Reputation points and become a living Legend as you fight for the Gree’s grand mission. This is a great time for players at level 45+ to jump into the event before the event returns at level 55 in the future.

Visit the in-game News Terminal located on Carrick Station or Vaiken Spacedock to get started on your adventure!
    you should be fine

(source: link)

Deleted
    they need to have the rakghoul event spring up more often( i know that was tied to the release of the flashpoint and the patch), that was alot more fun than this gree thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly fair, this 'event' suffers from the same issue that many things related to SWTOR does: Improper labeling.

This is not an event. This is dailies that are available randomly and for limited times. It is an event in the literal sense, but not with the connotation that word brings to most MMO players. Anytime you hear about 'The Gree Event' just remind yourself that you have some extra or a different set of dailies to do that week.

That way undeserving criticism won't be placed on it, as it's not supposed to really be as exciting and fancy as an event. It's just a neat change of pace with dailies that has a rep and a little backstory. Mabye when it goes to level 55 they will add some mojo and make it bigger, but for now just play it for the rep and different quests and enjoy it for what it is.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be perfectly fair, this 'event' suffers from the same issue that many things related to SWTOR does: Improper labeling.
    I hate to say it, but I have to agree. An event is something like the multi-stage dynamic encounter that culminates in a giant world boss battle such as with GW2 or Rift. Now THAT would be friggin epic.

This is not an event. This is dailies that are available randomly and for limited times. It is an event in the literal sense, but not with the connotation that word brings to most MMO players. Anytime you hear about 'The Gree Event' just remind yourself that you have some extra or a different set of dailies to do that week.

That way undeserving criticism won't be placed on it, as it's not supposed to really be as exciting and fancy as an event. It's just a neat change of pace with dailies that has a rep and a little backstory. Mabye when it goes to level 55 they will add some mojo and make it bigger, but for now just play it for the rep and different quests and enjoy it for what it is.
    We have to agree to disagree then because the event is not the Gree event itself but the constant moaning and yelling in general chat. Now THAT is an event, combined with the random pvp outside of the pvp area.

The Rakghoul Event seemed more "event like" as quests would be unlocked after each other though I agree that an "Event" brings something else to my mind than what we have now in SWTOR. In EQ2 you wouldn't be able to do the same quests again and again but you also had no faction grind (how stupid is that please?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the point was that people need to forget what they know of the MMO term 'event' and just take it as a limited time set of dailies with an interesting story and new Rep to max out. When people hear event they think of: Dynamic events like GW2 and Holiday Events like every MMO under the sun (except swtor who cba to do those properly )

Those have multiple layers of content and many different types of rewards.

Instead, this needs to be looked at like WoW's Darkmoon Fair (if anyone has played it). It's just a limited time area with specific Dailies, a neat theme, and new rewards/rep. It's basically the exact same thing, but improperly named. People think it's crap because of the name and they aren't realizing it's less 'amazing' and more 'oh hey some cool different stuff I can do this week'.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted

They do have that, there's the solo/group daily area, 3 World bosses,some lore objects, the PVP area, and the one quest where you have to go world trotting to do with it, theres definatly more layers of content in the gree event then most of the WoW Holiday "Events" i'm not saying its an earth shatteringly great Event, but it is an event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    They do have that, there's the solo/group daily area, 3 World bosses,some lore objects, the PVP area, and the one quest where you have to go world trotting to do with it, theres definatly more layers of content in the gree event then most of the WoW Holiday "Events" i'm not saying its an earth shatteringly great Event, but it is an event.
    I don't think you understood what I mean. Layering content is not giving multiple types of daily quests in one location. That is a daily hub.

I didn't want to get into specifics, but since you brought it up:

Other Game Holidays
    - Daily quests
    - Story quests that take place in different zones
    - Achievements that require you to do different game activities, not just questing or pve
    - Quests, objectives, rewards tied into other game systems like dungeons and PvP
    - Special bosses, unique mounts and pets tied to event.

This is what multiple layers of content are. Having a solo quest, group quest, and pvp quest is not layered content. It's just questing. This is NOT an event. I can't believe I'm even having to spell this out when I'm telling people to stop judging it improperly, ie I'm defending this content on it's own terms.

PS - Acquiring HK-51 is more of an event than this is. That required you to do multilayered content in different zones, in dungeons, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Well the point was that people need to forget what they know of the MMO term 'event' and just take it as a limited time set of dailies with an interesting story and new Rep to max out. When people hear event they think of: Dynamic events like GW2 and Holiday Events like every MMO under the sun (except swtor who cba to do those properly )

Instead, this needs to be looked at like WoW's Darkmoon Fair (if anyone has played it). It's just a limited time area with specific Dailies, a neat theme, and new rewards/rep. It's basically the exact same thing, but improperly named. People think it's crap because of the name and they aren't realizing it's less 'amazing' and more 'oh hey some cool different stuff I can do this week'.
    Yeah, a friend of mine asked me yesterday about this event (for some reason, he had never played it before) and I just told him that it's a daily grind limited to one week.... at that point he was like... alright, I'm not gonna start and I agree, why the need to build up reputation for an event. There was no such thing for the Rakghoul or the Grand Aquisition "Event".

I don't think you understood what I mean. Layering content is not giving multiple types of daily quests in one location. That is a daily hub.

I didn't want to get into specifics, but since you brought it up:

Other Game Holidays
    - Daily quests
    - Story quests that take place in different zones
    - Achievements that require you to do different game activities, not just questing or pve
    - Quests, objectives, rewards tied into other game systems like dungeons and PvP
    - Special bosses, unique mounts and pets tied to event.

This is what multiple layers of content are. Having a solo quest, group quest, and pvp quest is not layered content. It's just questing. This is NOT an event. I can't believe I'm even having to spell this out when I'm telling people to stop judging it improperly, ie I'm defending this content on it's own terms.

PS - Acquiring HK-51 is more of an event than this is. That required you to do multilayered content in different zones, in dungeons, etc.
    It does contain
    - Daily quests
    - It does have a quest that sends you to different zones
    - It does have achievements (rep titles and boss kill ones)
    - It does have rewards tied into other game systems (though the loot is for level 50 for this last time)
    - It does have special bosses (3 raid bosses), unique mounts, 3 bind to legacy armour sets and pets tied to the event

There is plenty of grouping up and meeting new people and open world pvp for those that want it, or pve questing for those that don't, 2 world bosses and a raid boss with 2 difficulty settings.

Sounds like it has everything that you suggested in an event. Did you even do it, or just read somewhere that it was just some daily quests. You don't even need to do the dailies that much if you kill the raid bosses on a couple of characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Sounds like it has everything that you suggested in an event. Did you even do it, or just read somewhere that it was just some daily quests. You don't even need to do the dailies that much if you kill the raid bosses on a couple of characters.
    /facepalm whiteknighting

I did the quests the first time they came out. It was virtually indistinguishable from any other daily hub. My generalizations were brief, but should have implied much greater examples of what you claim it has. I didn't want to break it down into a game vs game comparison, but if you've ever played WoW or Rift and done their holiday EVENTS then trying to say this is the same type of content is flat out lying bullshit.

FFS Go back to playing your game as you are valiantly trying to defend something I wasn't even attacking.

SWTOR: The only game where defending it gets you white knighted on. Disgusting.
    BAD WOLF

/facepalm whiteknighting

I did the quests the first time they came out. It was virtually indistinguishable from any other daily hub. My generalizations were brief, but should have implied much greater examples of what you claim it has. I didn't want to break it down into a game vs game comparison, but if you've ever played WoW or Rift and done their holiday EVENTS then trying to say this is the same type of content is flat out lying bullshit.

FFS Go back to playing your game as you are valiantly trying to defend something I wasn't even attacking.

SWTOR: The only game where defending it gets you white knighted on. Disgusting.
    I like the personal attacks when I answered each of your points. I am playing the game right now, putting together a group for the world boss which to you isn't content and isn't event worthy, even though you specifically said that you want "special bosses" in your events. You should think before you post.