Rotation Helper addons for Enhancement

Hi guys,

After not being able to pull more than 80k with my ele shammy for weeks, I rerolled Enhancement, mostly just for a refreshment in playstyle though. As I'm new to the spec, I can't say the process of getting used to the whole melee shammy thing and my new priority system is going smooth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming neither ele nor enhance are hard specs, it's just that I f'ing hate memorizing rotations, training to perfect them for each of my characters and trying to orchestrate them decently in a raid environment, with all that stress of progress bla bla, it never feels fit for something I call a hobby night.

Anyway, as I only do normals, and mostly pre-5.2 content, I think a rotation/priority helper addon would come in handy to at least gain experience on Enhancement, pulling decent-ish dps in the process without getting psycho about it and not ruining the time of my mates.

I never had any experience with these before, I have read up some suggestions on the net though. Clcinfo, Bitten's SpellFlash, ShockAndAwe etc. For people who tried any of these or something else, what would you recommend? Have any suggestions or advice to give? If you are going to recommend an addon for advanced users, please supply a link for a simple instructions list or a guide ^^

Thank you.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2013-05-30 at 01:37 PM.

EnhPrio
    ShockAndAwe
    Elementarist

To name a few. Don't let any of the try hards come in here and tell you differently. You are hindering performance and therefor hindering your raid group if you do not use addons that maximize DPS, while at the same time freeing up mind capacity to handle raid mechanics and awareness.

Is there a way to make EnhaPrio work in 5.3? It's still not updated :/

What? It works fine for me. When you log in, do a /reloadui, that is still a bit buggy atm.

Deleted
    You can also use a Weak Aura dynamic group for that.
    I wrote a blog post about how to do it : How to improve your dps using Weak Aura dynamic groups. If you'd like, I might also update my enhancement auras for 5.3 and post it here, but I can't log in right now.

Thanks all, currently using ShockAndAwe, have seen an immense increase in my dps since. I will also try out other suggestions

I tried all of them, and honestly, I found Enh Prio to be the best one out the door, less clutter, smart prio and even has an aoe prio.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive used ShockandAwe for years. Even now I have it somewhere discreet incase I need to quickly glance at it or get lost amongst a thousand things happening.

You can disable pretty much everything and have it be very minimalist.

Just one thing I will say is don't let it do all your thinking for you.

You need to look ahead, especially at Stormstrike and Lava Lash. An addon will tell you to use Earth Shock even though Stormstrike is less than a GCD away from being active, which probably wont effect you at your level of play, right now, but its a good habit to get into later down the track.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-06-01 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoja View Post
    To name a few. Don't let any of the try hards come in here and tell you differently. You are hindering performance and therefor hindering your raid group if you do not use addons that maximize DPS, while at the same time freeing up mind capacity to handle raid mechanics and awareness.
    Stuff like SAA or WeakAuras (using Endus' shaman auras) for timer bars and CD notifiers etc. (I also use TotemTimers for the totem and long CD timers) are essential yes, but a big shiny window that tells you what to press next is not IMO. It might be handy for getting used to the spec (I dunno as I never used the prio frame), but beyond that it's inefficient for reasons below.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just one thing I will say is don't let it do all your thinking for you.

You need to look ahead, especially at Stormstrike and Lava Lash. An addon will tell you to use Earth Shock even though Stormstrike is less than a GCD away from being active, which probably wont effect you at your level of play, right now, but its a good habit to get into later down the track.
    This. Using a priority frame discourages this kind of dynamic decision making, which admittedly is a more advanced part of the spec but one that the OP will need eventually when tackling the harder bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-01 at 01:21 PM.