Certain Exercises

Ok, so I recently signed up at the gym my parents go to for 30 days as they had a special on for $10 for 30 days then I can continue paying after that, main reason I wanted to join is our home gym is limited in equipment and our treadmill recently stopped working as well.

Anyways, some info -- I already have the diet and calories etc down but the fitness part I need a little help with, I weigh 112kg (think that's like 230-240 pounds in your dudes languagez) i'm 170 cm tall.

What I wanna know is there any exercises that can speed up fat loss the most as the gym has almost every piece of equipment.

Running. Almost nothing burns more calories than running.

I'd give a thumbs-up to a calisthenics circuit if you're looking to primarily burn fat while still having some muscle strengthening. If it's just fat loss you're looking for, running/cycling/hiking is really the best thing you can do.

First off, congrats on wanting to actually drop some lbs and become healthier. I admit I am afraid for you already, seeing the words "can speed up fat loss" shows me you might not be in it for the long haul, so remember that its a lifestyle change and not a "diet". Lifting is known to cause more fat loss compared to just the calorie loss of running, as well as increase your overall metabolic rate. Typically for someone like you, you want to focus on the basic compound lifts with added cardio. You also don't want to lose weight too quickly(IMO loose skin, muscle loss rather than mostly fat). You need to find a good routine which basis consists of AT LEAST squats and bench(deadlifts if you think you can maintain form, they are amazing) and some iso exercises. I highly stress to focus on learning these lifts with proper form, the amount of people I see close to injury at the gym everyday for not taking the time is surprising.

Use resources to find a decent program (IMO Starting Strength is meh unless you add some other sets, but there are similar types of compound based programs out there) eat at a deficit and watch intakes of your macros, typically a 40/40/20 or some variation is quite good. Diet is just as important as a good lifting routine, if not more. TBH don't cheat yourself and stick to it(the hardest part for most people) and you will succeed, only if you REALLY want it will it happen, you can't half-ass your goals and make excuses for yourself. Some other random advice
    1. Don't skip a day (one leads to two, which leads to a week)
    2. Seriously, watch your diet (Eat a deficit, but get the macros you need to build and maintain muscle and sustain energy)
    3. Push Yourself (when you think you can't lift more, just do it, its a mental block)
    4. Drink water and lots of it
    5. Don't run over to the cable machines and only use them (good for iso's when you are done, if the gym has hammers, use those instead)
    6. Don't be embarrassed or self-conscious(sure some people are assholes at the gym, most people are there to lift and could care less what you are doing/how you look)
    7. Excuses (Don't be that guy, you are the way you are for a reason, and unless its a medical one, you are the same as everyone else)
    8. Long-term (progress is not day by day or week by week, its years)

Dont waste ya time doing hours and hours of cardio, it really is a waste of time.

Instead get on the weights, compound routine would be ideal for you

Squats, Deadlifts, Barbell Row, Bench Press, Military Press - Do this 3 times a week on non consecutive days, 2 sets of 12-15 reps would be good for you to start with.

As for cardio, stick to high intensity cardio only, do not bother with slow crap that you can do all day - waste of time.

Do HIIT instead, use a bike or treadmill.... very short bursts at your max pace, followed by active recovery rest.. then repeat. for example, 10 seconds 100% sprint > 50 seconds walk > 100% sprint > walk ..... and so on. 10 minutes of this is alot more effective and less time consuming. You could do this inbetween your weight days, or every day if you wished.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Dont waste ya time doing hours and hours of cardio, it really is a waste of time.
    This thread doesn't need any bro-science.

science? if a little common sense is science to you, then poor you. go educate more on the matter