Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Look what i bought !

I was at my local salvation army and i was eyeballing this empty pc case at $3.99 and i want it so i wait for the right moment, And then i check today still there but i wanted cheap so i ask the manager about the price and he sold to me for $0.99

GREAT DEAL !

Also something else i was talking about computer and then i saw something shiny and black is was a PALM T/X and i ask him how much FREE!!!!! that right FREE!!!!!

Deleted
    The salvation army is a charity shop that sells things to raise money isn't it?

I was waiting to read "And when I opened the computer case at home there was 20 pounds of coke in it!". What a let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    Perhaps it was the Salvation Army's way of dispensing charity, without the recipient feeling that they were given a handout.

The money you give to Salvation Army is supposed to help the poor n the organization itself, no? You shouldn't wait till they get cheaper! Unless you also can't afford them, in which case i'm sorry and congrats on the deals.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea this cases is FRESH and UNTOUCH is have the screw and mount even a NEW PSU !

10+ Year Old Account
    You really thought 3.99 for a PC case was so asinine that you haggled him down even more? Id be embarrassed to haggle something already so cheap down even more, especially since Salvation Army is a charity organization that tries to raise money to help poor people. Im sure that extra 3 bucks could have bought a meal for a poor family.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea this cases is FRESH and UNTOUCH is have the screw and mount even a NEW PSU !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    The money you give to Salvation Army is supposed to help the poor n the organization itself, no? You shouldn't wait till they get cheaper! Unless you also can't afford them, in which case i'm sorry and congrats on the deals.
    If he as so poor he couldnt afford 3.99, then he probably either isnt managing his finances properly or he probably should have saved the 3.99 for food

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing is they guy at the store giving it away, but have to agree its a sad sad case when you basicly brag about it from a charity institution.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i am the bad guy

Also SA Corp have a policy to there store if item are not sold after 2 week they price drop but in my case because i am poor * if you want to object SAY IT by all mean * just remember i am on benefit !

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 06:25 PM ----------

i am NOT the bad guy here

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If he as so poor he couldnt afford 3.99, then he probably either isnt managing his finances properly or he probably should have saved the 3.99 for food
    Eh who are we to judge or say one should eat instead of having a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Perhaps it was the Salvation Army's way of dispensing charity, without the recipient feeling that they were given a handout.
    Hmm if it's anything like the Salvation Army I read about in this novel (Major Barbara), they only make money through donations, and selling things that are donated. I assume they give things out for free when no one at all buys them, cuz in the end charity goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post

You are definitely not. Sorry if anyone made you feel that way
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

What i am the bad guy

Also SA Corp have a policy to there store if item are not sold after 2 week they price drop but in my case because i am poor * if you want to object SAY IT by all mean * just remember i am on benefit !

but youre bragging about haggling a charity shop

if youre on benefits and cant afford much, why do you pay for WoW?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    first off
    i HATE wow

Second
    I play GTA and FPS / TPS

first off
    i HATE wow

Second
    I play GTA and FPS / TPS
    obligatory and obvious question - why are you here then?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    To make our brains hurt of course

What i am the bad guy

Falling Down?

I usually go to Salvation Army with a price in mind, and if they aren't willing to come down to my price I take my business elsewhere (Like the local landfill or Walmart).

but youre bragging about haggling a charity shop

if youre on benefits and cant afford much, why do you pay for WoW?
    I saw no bragging at all, you just read into it too much, and mistook delight for 'bragging'. Also haggling has such negative connotations, he may have just bargained. Very small difference between the two. And completely fine from someone who is poor.

Jeez this website isn't just for WoW players, even if it started that way. Why are you harassing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I saw no bragging at all, you just read into it too much, and mistook delight for 'bragging'. Also haggling has such negative connotations, he may have just bargained. Very small difference between the two. And completely fine from someone who is poor.

Jeez this website isn't just for WoW players, even if it started that way. Why are you harassing him?
    Haggling a charity organisation is a bit weak in my opinion, especially on something that is already stupidly cheap.

No, but the strong majority of people here do play WoW, pretty poor choice of forum if you hate WoW. I dont come here for the political ideologies or tips on how to get cheap PC cases.

I wasn't harassing, I was questioning. Same way he isn't haggling, he's bargaining.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps