Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if I did it right but followed the instructions but it looks like Draenor EU is breaking the trend,
    t15 - 300
    t10 - 220
    So that's an 80 guild improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
    Zul'jin-US
    t15 = 248
    t10 = 213

213-248 = -35 / 2.5 = -14 yr
    -14 / 12 = -1.2 monthly
    -1.2 / 52 = -0.3 weekly.

So a growth of 0.3 guilds per week.
    Horde t15 = 199
    Horde t10 = 120

Alliance t15 = 49
    Alliance t10 = 93

Horde growth of 79 total, 31.6 a year, 2.63 a month, approx .66 a week
    Alliance loss of 44 total, 17.6 a year, 1.47 a month, approx .37 a week
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    This isn't about raid instance comparisons. It's about how many guilds are actively raiding then, and now. The end.

For an instance comparison, use this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-Difficulty
    HOWEVER... a raid that was out for 10 months and that eventually was nerfed so almost any raid could do it vs a raid that's out for 3 months isn't apples and oranges. Also you have ICC, the end of expansion raid with an end boss who's one of the most iconic lore figures in WoW vs a mid-expansion raid with an end boss who no one knew about until this expansion. The real comparison will be ICC with SoO a few months after SoO is out. We'd also need to compare progress (a guild that formed late and killed 3 bosses in ICC right before Cata isn't the same as any guild in ToT now)

All that said, while we can pick at the comparison accuracy, the overall point is clear - the drastic declines are real. Even if I posit that half of the guilds who 'raided' ICC were LFR equivalents and only killed a boss or two late and should be discounted, that still leaves Alleria with half the raiding guilds we had at the end of LK.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-05-31 at 04:50 PM.

This is outrageously dumb. If you look at guild activity in T14 vs. T15, you'll see around twice as many guilds have downed bosses in T14 than in T15 (at least on my server and in a few similar servers I checked). This is not because half of the guilds have quit in the last 3 months, this is just because a lot of smaller casual guilds do not do raid content "on time". Obviously game activity has declined and will continue to do so as the game gets old. But to think that the number of guilds who did an ICC10 boss vs. the number of bosses that have done a TOT boss provides even a useful "glimpse" is insanity.
    Last edited by beingmused; 2013-05-31 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    This is not because half of the guilds have quit in the last 3 months, this is just because a lot of smaller casual guilds do not do raid content "on time".
    This excuse may have worked early in T15, but we're approaching three months in. Anyone who has been raiding LFR steadily will be over ilvl 510 now. What are these casual guilds waiting for? The answer is they mostly aren't waiting, they've mostly given up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This excuse may have worked early in T15, but we're approaching three months in. Anyone who has been raiding LFR steadily will be over ilvl 510 now. What are these casual guilds waiting for? The answer is they mostly aren't waiting, they've mostly given up.
    Lots of guilds do content very late. About the bottom 30 or so guilds on my server didn't get any kills in T14 until March'13, after 5.2 came out.

You just cannot compare the numbers of disparate guilds who eventually managed to down some ICC bosses back when 10s was super easy mode, to number of guilds currently working on ToT, which requires a ton more coordination than most of the ICC fights.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Lots of guilds do content very late. About the bottom 30 or so guilds on my server didn't get any kills in T14 until March'13, after 5.2 came out.

You just cannot compare the numbers of disparate guilds who eventually managed to down some ICC bosses back when 10s was super easy mode, to number of guilds currently working on ToT, which requires a ton more coordination than most of the ICC fights.
    We can compare how many people have downed various bosses in T15 with how many downed corresponding bosses in T14, at equal periods after the start of the tiers. Feng has many more kills than Horridon, for example (10K more, last I checked).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    This isn't about raid instance comparisons. It's about how many guilds are actively raiding then, and now. The end.

For an instance comparison, use this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-Difficulty
    You're singling out a statistic while ignoring the context. Great way to present a flawed argument.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar:

T10: 163
    T15: 36

That's a 127 guild loss since T10, my god. I'm pretty sure over half of the 36 currently aren't raiding anymore either.

That's such a staggering number...

US Dunemaul. I do think it's early to prematurely count T15, so I included all tiers since ICC.

T15 = 9
    T14 = 33
    T13 = 70
    T12 = 78
    T11 = 120
    T10 = 116 (25s) + 160 (10s) but there's so much overlap between the two I'm not sure the latter number should count.

Interesting enough though, is the relatively even numbers between T10 and T11.

Tich US
    t10 10man - 273
    t15 10+25man - 95
    178 difference

and tbh i could put t15 at 94 now because my guild just died a couple weeks ago so we are no longer raiding

2012 was the year of the megaserver, Stormrage and Sargeras are booming on Ally side

Dalvengyr US

T10 (10) - 93
    T15 - 2

Yeah those numbers are correct....
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

All this thread proves is that there are too many servers.

Icecrown US

Yearly - Monthly - Weekly - Server ------------- Gross Loss
    66.80 -- 5.56 ---- 1.28 --- Icecrown-US ------- 213-046= 167

Uldum US

T10 (10) - 147
    T15 - 35

Gross Loss: 112

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    All this thread proves is that there are too many servers.
    I think there's something to be said for how transfers are creating megaservers and killing off any servers that were formerly low/med pop in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Don't know if I did it right but followed the instructions but it looks like Draenor EU is breaking the trend,
    t15 - 300
    t10 - 220
    So that's an 80 guild improvement
    Reason for this - guilds escaping from dying servers to full ones - only reason this stat looks liek this - u can constantly see trade spam about "guild which just moved from dead server recruiting etc"

US Kalecgos

t10(10): 114
    t15: 8

US Sen'jin

t10(10): 189
    t15: 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonmaw - US

ICC 10 --> 188
    ToT 10 --> 26

Of the guilds listed for ToT, half are barely progressed and 3 of the higher ranked ones I know for a fact have already transferred to KT and Korgath. I myself have finally transferred one of my characters, my hunter, off of the server as well a couple days ago.

RIP Dragonmaw I loved you in BC / Wotlk