Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    SoAD are "special", and I wouldn't call their sound mainstream, at all.

I also had the chance to talk to Serj Tankian after a concert, seemed like a great & interesting guy, very down to earth. All in all I like their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    That must be why they're compared to Frank Zappa and Slayer.
    Shinzai, your writing style is like that of the disciple John. There, you've now been compared to one of the alleged authors of the Bible. Does that make you a world-changing writer? :P

Sorry, I had to. But some reviewers are too quick to throw out big comparisons without thinking things through. S.O.A.D are awesome, let's leave it there.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Shinzai, your writing style is like that of the disciple John. There, you've now been compared to one of the alleged authors of the Bible. Does that make you a world-changing writer? :P

Sorry, I had to.
    Yes. Yes it does. I have no complaints with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    +5, I submit to your skill at Comeback :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow....I read this read, decided to open spotify to listen to music, and go to the radio..and this song pooped up...What are the chances?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wow....I read this read, decided to open spotify to listen to music, and go to the radio..and this song pooped up...What are the chances?
    Well it is a popular song sooo...
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never a big system of a down fan, this came out when I started college, the memory is like constantly drilled into my brain. Never really liked the song, never really got into System of a Down either, the lead singers voice annoyed the hell out of me.

Of course the song was huge, but then Rock music towards the end of the 90's and early 00's was super popular then, compared to now where its non existent, especially here int he UK anyway, full of rnb/dance/pop music.

Then again having said that I'd want Chop Suey back over anything that's currently playing.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I had no idea that this song was actually this popular. I mean we're talking 144 million views for a metal song and you guys have to understand that even us metal lovers know that songs don't become that popular on Youtube, only Justin Bieber (shame), Nicki Minaj, etc. get to rack up that many views generally. I didn't think System of the Down was that popular and even their other songs are well in the 10's of millions view wise.
    I luv this bands music.. it is sad that they are broken up. I discovered them waay too late, never got to see them live - but their music fucking rocks. If anything, in theme, I'd kinda compare them to Rage Against - but for those saying they are like the "linkin park" or (LOL) Limp Biscuit? We must be listening to two different bands. Also those last two bands are sellouts - where as Soad as soon as they started to get big... broke up - instead of selling Toxicity to the Obama re-election campaign, is it just me or did Obama just come out to "i did it all for the nookie".
    Last edited by slime; 2013-06-02 at 02:48 PM.

They didn't break up! they were just on a hiatus for ~7 years! I'm going to their concert in august. And to be honest their sound isn't mainstream, but they are really popular.

And yet somehow All Apologies hasn't broken 10m views. Criminal. Don't get me wrong, I liked SoaD back in high school, but they certainly shouldn't have more views than Nirvana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And yet somehow All Apologies hasn't broken 10m views. Criminal. Don't get me wrong, I liked SoaD back in high school, but they certainly shouldn't have more views than Nirvana.
    Smells Like Teen Spirit has about 110 million views... I thought that would have had more but I guess not.
    Hey everyone

Huh, that's weird. I wonder why the discrepancy?

I guess Teen Spirit was their first major hit, but really it doesn't compare to their other stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    SoAD are "special", and I wouldn't call their sound mainstream, at all.

I also had the chance to talk to Serj Tankian after a concert, seemed like a great & interesting guy, very down to earth. All in all I like their stuff.
    Well I don't know, SOAD sounds like a bunch of other mainstream alternative rock bands to me. It's definitely not metal either like OP claimed. I guess our definition of mainstream is very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Huh, that's weird. I wonder why the discrepancy?

I guess Teen Spirit was their first major hit, but really it doesn't compare to their other stuff.
    Teen Spirit is like Enter Sandman, not considered by fans to be the greatest songs that a band makes but became the most mainstream.
    Hey everyone