Staffs and Offhand weapons

My main is shadow priest. I have now defeated 54 bosses in ToT LFR that could have dropped a staff or off hand and 11 in normal. I have also done the second boss in HoF 9 times in lfr and 2 times in normal. I only use mogu coins in ToT on bosses that drop a staff or offhand. I have used a coin on second boss in HoF everytime. That is over 100 rolls without a hint of a staff or off hand weapon actually existing. Haven't even had the opportunity to roll on a drop in normal ToT - least of Horridon which has been on farm form a while, and Mageara and Ji-kun now a 1 or 2 shot. Either they are very rare or very unlucky - and probably the biggest impact on progression. Most of our guild ranged dps are all waiting on either a staff or off hand and are having the same "luck".

Even with the new bad luck protection on rolls in 5.3 I am 6 coins, 6 gold - so nothing seems to have changed.

Does anyone know if Blizz have any plans to:
    - Put an off hand somewhere in TOES at least. One off hand across 10 bosses in HoF and TOES is pretty ordinary.
    - Give inscription to opportunity to make 496 and 522 gear like every other professions (tailor, leatherworker, blacksmith) - why didn't they get the chance to make new gear?

I fear I will still be running around with the 476 inscription fan at the end of the expansion - having got it in week 1. Perhaps wasting some valour points on an upgrade to 484 will help a drop. Shouldn't be so hard to get a weapon

Unlikely that Blizzard will implement a new offhand for a previous tier. Might be possible that Blizzard allows new crafted weapons in 5.4 considering 5.2 lacked anything for hunters and not necessarily optimal for a caster (1h mace with spirit+haste) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Only suggestion is to run the daily heroic scenario + daily challenge mode for a chance at a 516 staff or off-hand.