Frost Bomb and frost mage pve

Hey,

lately im reading a lot about how LB is prio now to NT for single target. Apparently NT should be good for multitarget (we talkin bout 2,3,4...?) and with saying that this means when you "dot" all the mobs with NT?

I always like the frost bomb for the proc one could calculate in his rotation. Is frost bomb nowadays lowest choice for most fights? (Like hc ToT?)

Can some of you give me an idea on what boss what bomb you use and why? Im often trying to switch depending on boss...but lately it seems im little behind with the mage news

Thx

Deleted
    In heroic ToT, I see no use for Frost Bomb, unless you want to cheat DPS on Tortos (Bats) or Megaera (Netherwyrm)

Can't locate the post atm, but I remember reading somewhere that LB and FB are about even when it comes to single target now. It was something like: LB for 1-2, NT for 2-4, and FB for 1 or 5+.

The big advantage LB has over FB is that it's instant-cast, which comes in handy with so many encounters involving heavy movement. Frankly, I run FB most of the time (mainly due to laziness), and my damage is still respectable. Some current encounters where FB falls noticeably behind: Council (if the bosses aren't stacked), Tortos (if you're not exploiting the bats), Durumu, Qon, Lei Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azden7d7 View Post
    Can't locate the post atm, but I remember reading somewhere that LB and FB are about even when it comes to single target now. It was something like: LB for 1-2, NT for 2-4, and FB for 1 or 5+.

The big advantage LB has over FB is that it's instant-cast, which comes in handy with so many encounters involving heavy movement. Frankly, I run FB most of the time (mainly due to laziness), and my damage is still respectable. Some current encounters where FB falls noticeably behind: Council (if the bosses aren't stacked), Tortos (if you're not exploiting the bats), Durumu, Qon, Lei Shen.
    For Frost ONLY you can run NT on single target over LB. But other than Frost the priority is LB 1 target. NT for anything else. FB is practically useless and only gives you 1 BF proc per duration compared to the amount of procs you can get from NT or LB.

OP, do not forget to factor in your own skill at each Bomb, I am learning slowly how to mix either LB or NT into my rotation. While that process is ongoing, I go back to FB whenever we are on progression simply because I have that rotation down pat. Put another way, until I master NT/LB into my frost rotation, I output more DPS using FB.

Deleted
    Single target > LB
    2 and +, or lots of add spawn > NT

Frostbomb sucks, moreso now that most trashs can't be frozen, and it lacks mobility.

NT/LB are probably the most powerfull spell we have right now, it is ridiculously strong.
    Maintain NT running on all targets if they won't die in a few seconds (dots all adds on horridon except the weakest ones, maintain NT running on all bosses of council, maintain NT on all turtles and tortos, etc..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Bomb is fine for damage.

The reason you don't see most heroic mages taking it (myself included) is less so because of fewer Brain freeze procs, and far more because of mobility issues.

Back when we didn't have much haste, frost bomb felt beautiful. When the cooldown is longer due to low haste, it feels like something you can work into your rotation easily.

We currently only have one spell with a cast time in our rotation, meaning there is a lot of free time to move around, avoid fire on the ground, and do mechanics by doing our instants. For example I always hang on to a FoF proc on high movement fights or when I see a cloud coming to me on Twin Consorts, for example.

The problem with me at 14k haste, or those who are even at 10k+ is that the cooldown is so short, you find yourself grasping for time to get frostbolt and frost bomb casts both in. It's suffocating on very busy fights like Tortos where the whirl turtles just seem to know that you aren't very mobile anymore.

That's basically the reasoning-- damage wise it's fine. You're just giving up a lot of mobility and flexibility by taking it.