Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    Literally the only fights i don't view as easier with 2 healers is megeara and tortos, every other fight the damage is largely avoidable/easily dealt with, rampages end up completely destroying the raid later and if people hug the healers on tortos is gets kinda messy
    What? Meg sure, but tortos is litterarly possible to soloheal, apart from rockfall (which you just can chain cds on) there's basically no outgoing damage at all.

As been stated, every fight in ToT can be 2 healed, but after a certain point additional dps doesn't make some of the fights easier meaning that you might as well 3 heal if your dps is great (e.g. can push one wind storm, not an extra lightning storm/breath, etc). For people saying that you need to 3 heal if your dps is shit, you litterarly have to 2 heal if your dps is bad, there's no other option. If they are too bad you simply can't clear the heroics at all.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-06-01 at 11:58 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people posting here aren't really taking into account the fact that the OP probably hasn't done these fights yet, and as such, you are giving him information that he may not be able to interpret correctly.

Let's get down to business:

Currently we are 10 hc, we use 2 healer's for (and have done since our first kill):

-Jin rokh
    -Horridon
    -Tortos

The rest we 3 heal.

Now, as others have said, you probably can 2 heal other heroics but in reality, its not needed. You can change healers for dps once you kill the boss for the first time and gain more gear as you did when killing normals, but my policy is: If you can kill a boss before enrage and aslong as it doesn't make the fight harder, go 3 heals...especially since you have a resto shaman.

Now we all know that bringing an extra dps instead of a healer on most fights can in turn make the encounter easier, but you also have to wiegh in the fact that rng can go against you, a healer can get a debuff at an unfortunate time, or he may have to move at an unfortunate time etc etc so for this reason its just safer to go with 3, unless you literally can't make the enrage timer (and tbh if that's the case, you should probably try another boss)

Oh, and ofc I have discounted lei shen and ra-den since we have to progress on those, our next boss is animus and we will be going with 3 tanks and 3 healers for it.....since 5.3 there's literally no point risking it :P
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-06-02 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What? Meg sure, but tortos is litterarly possible to soloheal, apart from rockfall (which you just can chain cds on) there's basically no outgoing damage at all.
    It's one of the only fights we had real issues trying to solo heal >______>
    we probably just suck at that fight tho

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

As been stated, every fight in ToT can be 2 healed, but after a certain point additional dps doesn't make some of the fights easier meaning that you might as well 3 heal if your dps is great (e.g. can push one wind storm, not an extra lightning storm/breath, etc). For people saying that you need to 3 heal if your dps is shit, you litterarly have to 2 heal if your dps is bad, there's no other option. If they are too bad you simply can't clear the heroics at all.
    Tortos is nothing but a 2 heal fight, megeara on the other hand........

To the OP, you're going to have a very difficult time 2 healing the remainder of the fights in your progression, especially with a shaman healer, and in 10man.

Deleted
    We 2 healed with Disc/Hpaladin (on progress):

Tortos HC (have since healed with Hpaladin/Rshaman)
    Dark Animus HC

All the other heroics were 3 healed Disc/Hpaladin/Rshaman. Currently working on Lei Shen with Disc/Hpaladin. Jin'rohk/Horridon HC we've 2 healed since, Council/Meg I personally wouldn't recommend 2 healing, but it has been done.

everything is 2 healabe right now except raden so far......(prob will try 2 heal it soon)

during prog we 2 healed DA and lei shen only (just because this priest was undergeared at this time from mage main)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jin'rokh, Horridon, Tortos, Ji'kun, Durumu, Dark Animus and Twin Consorts are all fights we beat the first time with two healers.

Council of elders we have tried with two healing after several weeks of farm and it certainly feels doable, but we don't want to put time into changing something that works for us. It's more of an issue that my alt is a disc priest (our only priest) and priests in general are pretty good on that fight.

Iron Qon can easily be two healed. We have three healed all of our kills but have two healed the entire last phase a couple times because people have messed up. As long as you can do the first phase fast (which benefits from more DPS) you should easily be able to two heal it).

All in all the only really sketchy encounter to two heal would be Megaera. We solo tank it as is and might try a two heal approach in a couple weeks. Two healing isn't worth it unless you can realistically kill a head before a second breath consistently. Doing such cuts down on add spawns and prevents less RNG with icy ground and cinders debuff. You also need a lot of healing throughput and because the encounter is very fast you will probably need to cut raid CDs on the first few rampages so you can have high up time of raid CDs for the last few.

Deleted
    We've 2 healed hc horrid on from the start, we found the dps requirement on the doors way easier with an extra dps. Comp we use when 2 healing is priest (usually disco but he's dual specked holy so he does what's best) and holy pala.

There's no heroic fight that absolutely needs 3 healers, of the ones we've done so far I'd say that ji-kun, jin'rokh and megaera are outright easier with 3 healers, megaera being the only one of those that isn't faceroll regardless. Megaera is also the only fight where I feel like 3 healers truly is the way to go, and the only one I'd postpone from a normal order if using 2 (it's definitely doable with 2 as well, just significantly harder). IF (most groups do now with lmg/item upgrades) you have the dps to use 3 healers I'd say that both qon and council are easier with 3, if you don't, 2.
    its funny, we found twohealing megaera easier. Sure, rampages hurt, but thats why we have hybrids with powerful CDs for all the rampages that arent covered by healer CDs, but everything else just dies quicker, there is less sh1t going around and there are less adds spawned (which are the major pain, since we dont have a hunter for MD)

out of 7 bosses, we 3heal council and Qon (that one mostly because we 1tank, so we have no trouble with dps checks), 2heal everything else so far.Will start primordius tonight, so we will find out soon enough how it is there.

Deleted
    Tortos is nothing but a 2 heal fight, megeara on the other hand........
    To clarify, that's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its funny, we found twohealing megaera easier. Sure, rampages hurt, but thats why we have hybrids with powerful CDs for all the rampages that arent covered by healer CDs, but everything else just dies quicker, there is less sh1t going around and there are less adds spawned (which are the major pain, since we dont have a hunter for MD)

out of 7 bosses, we 3heal council and Qon (that one mostly because we 1tank, so we have no trouble with dps checks), 2heal everything else so far.Will start primordius tonight, so we will find out soon enough how it is there.
    Meh fair enough, guess it depends on your raid setup if you prefer 2 or 3 healing, our raid is slightly lacking in raid cds so removing a few more (having a healer go dps) and pushing rampages quicker wasn't exactly helpful for us^^.

Now, as others have said, you probably can 2 heal other heroics but in reality, its not needed. You can change healers for dps once you kill the boss for the first time and gain more gear as you did when killing normals, but my policy is: If you can kill a boss before enrage and aslong as it doesn't make the fight harder, go 3 heals...especially since you have a resto shaman.
    More dps always makes the boss easier, but if you can push it past specific phases (examples already mentioned) I guess 3 healing isn't that big of a deal.

actually if your group know who mitigate dmg you can use 2 healer in all the fights, i think just primordius will be a little hard.