Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    To everyone who thinks that raids are a must-have and will always be made, I want to give you a historical example.

IBM used to make typewriters.

That which was once a profitable centerpiece of your company can be discarded when it is no longer profitable. If Blizzard decided raids were no longer profitable, they would be gone. There is nothing magical about them that protects them from the cold grip of the accounting department.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    IBM used to make typewriters.
    In fact, I bought my mom a (used) Selectric, back around 1989 I think. I don't know what happened to it (maybe it's communicating with a parallel universe now) but oh gosh I used to love typing on those things. They were magnificent.

What's great about LFR is that I don't have to raid at a particular time, and I don't have to do what some self-appointed raid leader says to do. I can just go participate in a raid.

It's not a very disciplined raid, but it's a raid.

And I know no one's going to steal my loot, and when someone leaves, he'll quickly be replaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Something radical that will 'never' happen, just remove the normal/hc and turn all the raiding to lfr system with some sort personal ranking, with leaderboards. The higher rank one has the more difficult bosses there is with better loot. One could list into lfr system with full raid (average rank) or just solo, no need for 2 raid size just 1 would do. It would require somewhat larger player pool to work properly (both factions), and of course one could choose lower level difficulty if so desired.

Raiding guilds are cumbersome and rarely work as they should loot distribution wise, main reasons why lfr is so popular.
    Getting there with 5.4... now next expansion they shall remove the normal and add the flexible raid to lfr. Though blizzard is two afraid of putting some visible ranking system in.