Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Because it's a boring game, in which you farm creeps 25% of the time.
    Wouldnt be very entertaining to watch would it.
    Look, I like WoW and have spent 6 years playing it, on the level of racing for server firsts. That's how long it kept me from getting bored. BUT a WoW fan accusing another game of repetitiveness? Come on. The pot calling the kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That's LoL's data, not WoW's. Your data is wrong because you have none.
    Ah, the old fallacy fallacy. Just because I don't have any hard data, doesn't mean my statement is wrong.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

They did wow because its a cultural phenomenon that defies social boundaries, meaning everyone knows what it is (or at least has an idea). LoL isn't there, anyone who isn't a gamer has probably never heard of it and a sizable chunk of gamers will probably only be vaguely familiar with what it is.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Ah, the old fallacy fallacy. Just because I don't have any hard data, doesn't mean my statement is wrong.
    But it is wrong. I have given you the hard data which obviously shows your baseless assumption that LoL has had 30 million accounts created since it started is wrong. There's nothing to guess or persuade anyone about, numbers speak for themselves:

WoW active account peak: 12 million
    LoL active account count 6 months ago: 32 million.

No, no, no, no, no. At peak wow had 12 million ACTIVE SUBS and LoL has 33 million people who have played.

There are WAY more people that've played WoW than 12 million.
    and yet if you walked up to any random person and asked them if they have ever heard of world of warcraft, they probably have. Try that with League of Legends and see how many blank stares you get.

South Park wouldn't care how many people play it, they would care how many people know about it.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

But it is wrong. I have given you the hard data which obviously shows your baseless assumption that LoL has had 30 million accounts created since it started is wrong. There's nothing to guess or persuade anyone about, numbers speak for themselves:

WoW active account peak: 12 million
    LoL active account count 6 months ago: 32 million.
    Ok, sure, my LoL data may be wrong (and you haven't given me any hard data, you've just given me hard numbers out of thin air, I can do that too (WoW has sold over 100,000,000 copies), you need sources to back up what your saying for it to be data).

I was saying my statement that WoW has had way more players than 12 million isn't false.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Deleted
    Ok, sure, my LoL data may be wrong (and you haven't given me any hard data, you've just given me hard numbers out of thin air, I can do that too (WoW has sold over 100,000,000 copies), you need sources to back up what your saying for it to be data).

I was saying my statement that WoW has had way more players than 12 million isn't false.
    You're asking for sources yet you don't give sources for your own claims...

Source about the 70M accounts, etc.:

Red post on NA about it: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...ty-infographic

League of Legends is indeed the game with the biggest player base but that doesn't mean it's popular as WoW because LoL probably hasn't revolutionized things like WoW has(for a MMO that is). LoL is still fairly pretty young in eSports and I don't think eSports is that known worldwide like WoW is, so I highly doubt Southpark would ever have an episode centered on LoL only.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-06-06 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You're asking for sources yet you don't give sources for your own claims...

Source about the 70M accounts, etc.:

Red post on NA about it: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...ty-infographic

League of Legends is indeed the game with the biggest player base but that doesn't mean it's popular as WoW because LoL probably hasn't revolutionized things like WoW has(for a MMO that is). LoL is still fairly pretty young in eSports and I don't think eSports is that known worldwide like WoW is, so I highly doubt Southpark would ever have an episode centered on LoL only.
    I don't claim wow has 100,000,000 copies sold, I specifically mentioned that I can pull numbers out of thin air and call it data. My other comment that WoW has had more than 12,000,000 in its lifetime also doesn't need data to back it up because we all know how subscriptions work, and the margin for error is so insignificant that I can't be wrong.

Deleted

First: as Majad already stated, this is official data coming from Riot. I was not going to look for it myself, luckily he did so. Thanks!

Now, I never talked about WoW's 12 million being wrong, in fact I used it in my comparisons. I did not deny the fact it had more than 12 million in its lifetime either, that's obvious and needs no proof.

I talked about you NOT READING THE DAMN TOPIC where it has been explained, multiple times, that LoL had 33 million ACTIVE accounts half a year ago, not 33 million total accounts created. I also talked about you writing falsities and attempting to pass them off as actual data.
    No, no, no, no, no. At peak wow had 12 million ACTIVE SUBS and LoL has 33 million people who have played. WRONG

You've got quite the nerve, to be honest. First you don't even think to provide any backup for your numbers - and you actually think them up on the spot - and then you demand I give you source for the numbers I posted when all it would take to confirm them as true is a "lol most played game in the world" typed in google..
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-06-06 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    I don't claim wow has 100,000,000 copies sold, I specifically mentioned that I can pull numbers out of thin air and call it data.
    I know that.

My post with the sources was mainly directed at these posts of yours' bellow:
    No, no, no, no, no. At peak wow had 12 million ACTIVE SUBS and LoL has 33 million people who have played.

So wait, 70 million isn't > than 12 million. I fail to see how my data is wrong.
    And this quote above is still making my brain weird, because I can't understand it. Do you mean that 70 M isn't bigger than 12 M? If you mean that, just WHAT? Lol.
    First: as Majad already stated, this is official data coming from Riot. I was not going to look for it myself, luckily he did so. Thanks!

Now, I never talked about WoW's 12 million being wrong, in fact I used it in my comparisons. I did not deny the fact it had more than 12 million in its lifetime either, that's obvious and needs no proof.

I talked about you NOT READING THE DAMN TOPIC where it has been explained, multiple times, that LoL had 33 million ACTIVE accounts half a year ago, not 33 million total accounts created. I also talked about you writing falsities and attempting to pass them off as actual data.You've got quite the nerve, to be honest. First you don't even think to provide any backup for your numbers - and you actually think them up on the spot - and then you demand I give you source for the numbers I posted when all it would take to confirm them as true is a "lol most played game in the world" typed in google..
    All of this.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-06-06 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    and yet if you walked up to any random person and asked them if they have ever heard of world of warcraft, they probably have. Try that with League of Legends and see how many blank stares you get.
    WoW has been advertised a lot more though, so that helps. League of Legends has never advertised anywhere besides maybe some of those ads on the side of random internet pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    WoW has been advertised a lot more though, so that helps. League of Legends has never advertised anywhere besides maybe some of those ads on the side of random internet pages.
    Pretty much.

Not only that a lot of people run AdBlock while browsing, so the chances of seeing said ads are pretty slim if not non-existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read all of that... Honestly, they could just make an episode about girl gamers, seriously that is something that we could go home and say, "I'm fully satisfied with life, thank you Matt and Trey", to then just die on the spot. A lot of South Park episodes don't revolve around pop culture, some are just made and are funny... Also, just to spare you the pain of looking like a fool, Roflifier you're not going to win in a LoL section and all you're doing is derailing the topic into a LoL vs WoW argument.
    Hey everyone

I haven't played LoL in 2 years but I have 3 accounts all below level 5, I'm sure they count towards the bursting LoL playerbase.

EDIT

Data from half a year ago states over 70 million accounts created, 32 million accounts active monthly, 12 million active daily, daily peaks have 3 million online at the same time. Sorry, but go spread your misinformation elsewhere.
    Ty for posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    People are good at reading the thread.
    There's not a whole lot else to be said. You found my post on the first page and refused to read anything else.

Deleted
    This?