Ahoo'ru as Frost - Brawler's Guild

So I've put about 50 pulls into Ahoo'ru and I'm just not sure what I should be doing differently at this point. Its the first boss I've found issues with and can't seem to find the 'correct' way to do it as a death knight. I'm currently a 521 2H Frost, I've tried doing angels one at a time, I've tried gathering them and just don't really feel like its working out right. When I do get to phase 2 there seems to be an issue with the orbs. Last night I had the orbs instantly disappear when they spawned and I was taking 360k a second, they didn't even begin to move. Any suggestions?

Deleted
    To be honest, I didn't really have any issues with him, I wiped twice due to learning the mechanics and killed it in my third attempt (when purgatory procced during enrage). Granted, I had about 11 ilvls more than you which may be part of the reason. On the other hand I didn't even have army up (which does do a major amount of damage)

I did the angels one by one and it never seemed to not work for me, but I've heard of people who did them all at the same time cause apparently it helps you getting through p1 faster.

For the orbs, it reads like what you experienced there happened in one out of about 50 attempts, it was a bug, you should get over it. Other than that, there isn't really much to say about phase 2. DPS the Boss, kick the heal, don't touch more than one orb. You can use AMS to a) prevent the orb debuff from getting applied or b) soak some RP after you picked up an orb if you have a lot of free GCDs and no issue with him killing you.

Also, you can DPS the Boss right at the beginning of the fight for like 2-3 seconds, get some damage on him, might save you at the end of phase 2.

Other than that, it's really just about your DPS.

Good luck with it!

The bug with the Orbs is happening to everyone now on the bug forums, also he now heals to full before he starts phase 2.

Deleted
    AMS or AMZ through the orb damage, absorbs a significant amount, depends on how fast you can do P1, more DPS time you get in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    AMS or AMZ through the orb damage, absorbs a significant amount, depends on how fast you can do P1, more DPS time you get in P2.
    Make sure you AMS after you grab 1 stack though, you want the extra RP to help meet the dps check. Using AMS before moving out = no damage = no RP.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchii View Post
    Also, you can DPS the Boss right at the beginning of the fight for like 2-3 seconds, get some damage on him, might save you at the end of phase 2.
    Whenever I watch people do that, the dude just heals back up to full once he puts his bubble up.
    Haven't watched on my own attempts to see if that's just a spectator bug, but it doesn't seem likely that it'd be worthwhile (unless you just wanted some bonus Runic or whatever).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Whenever I watch people do that, the dude just heals back up to full once he puts his bubble up.
    Haven't watched on my own attempts to see if that's just a spectator bug, but it doesn't seem likely that it'd be worthwhile (unless you just wanted some bonus Runic or whatever).
    You guys are probably right, I didn't verify it in any way, I just remembered that I did it but I didn't check if he healed as I was busy going berserk on him as soon as he pops out :>

Deleted
    I did it as unholy with only 3 tries no problem jsut dont egt hit in p1 so u got death patch for p2 and make sure ams is up for first orbs use army in p2 and go nuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they change it that you can't burst him down as he is talking during his intro?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.