Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Time to Cull Humans?

Something I've thought about for a while.

IMO, there's way too many people alive on this planet, creating waste and using up our dwindling resources.
    The planet doesn't need this many humans, most people (globally) contribute less to society and the world as a whole than they consume.
    I know you can't just start going round shooting people in the head that are deemed worthless

Are we at breaking point?
    What is the solution?
    What do you think will happen in the future if this insane population growth continues?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh this thread shall go places

Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Space exploration is the only solution

I thought the planet wasn't even close to maximum capacity for humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    The planet is nowhere near full capacity in both terms of population density, and resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

The solution, aside from leaving the planet, is overpopulation resulting in the extinction of our species. The planet will be fine if we're gone. We don't need to intentionally kill each other to make that happen -- it'll happen on its own, eventually.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Solution would be inflation coupled with removal of any type of government safety net. I dont think that overpopulation is a dire problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post

IMO, there's way too many people alive on this planet, creating waste and using up our dwindling resources.
    The planet doesn't need this many humans, most people (globally) contribute less to society and the world as a whole than they consume.
    I know you can't just start going round shooting people in the head that are deemed worthless

What is the solution?
    What do you think will happen in the future if this insane population growth continues?
    If you think there comes a time where its right to cull humans then start by offing yourself. Im not leaving.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere that the capacity for our planet is 10-14 billion so room isn't an issue yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    The planet is nowhere near full capacity in both terms of population density, and resources
    Sure, but with the way were treating the planet and on this pace the Earth is going to be habitable much longer

Set an example; be first in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    If you think there comes a time where its right to cull humans then start by offing yourself. Im not leaving.
    Yes, be part of the solution not the problem .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I read somewhere that the capacity for our planet is 10-14 billion so room isn't an issue yet.
    Room isn't the issue

If this is truly what you believe then wouldn't the only option be suicide? I'm not trying to be snide but honestly, if you believe the only way to make a difference is to kill some humans off then the responsible thing to do is off yourself.

But we are far from over populated and we have plenty of resources left on earth to sustain the human race for some time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    Sure, but with the way were treating the planet and on this pace the Earth is going to be habitable much longer
    Not really, the world trending towards a more green future. It is just a matter of time and research. Aside from that a small amount of the total population accounts for a significant amount of pollution/resources (e.g. a man living a western life has a larger print than a whole 'primitive' village in Africa).
    Last edited by N-7; 2013-06-02 at 11:27 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    Room isn't the issue
    Err sustaining was the word I meant got a bit mixed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post

What is the solution?
    We are as natural as shrimps.

Nature will balance it out, over her own timescale.

There are plenty of resources for ten times the number of humans we have, they just need to distributed proportionately. Sure, lots of people suck, but there is plenty of food, water, oxygen, shelter, etc for everyone unless something drastic happens in which there will be less living people anyways.

didn't China limit couples to one child per family. heard this some where. i may be wrong