Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    is that a bus... also how fast did they erect that looks like it cuts across a road.... or maybe its a tunnel?
    Some kind of raft I'd guess and yeah it's a tunnel.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    wtf is that wall made of? jesus christ...
    aluminum, mobile high water protection, they are errected only when flooding occurs

to the guy thats going to budapest, the water is still rising there, so you´ll have to wait till monday or tuesday to get a qualified answer to your question, but as of now, it´s going to be close, like in the picture posted here

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 01:02 PM ----------

is that a bus... also how fast did they erect that looks like it cuts across a road.... or maybe its a tunnel?
    that´s a landing stage for boats
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    Anyone know (without being the media) what the flood defences are like in Bratislava and Budapest? I'm going to Bratislava on 20 June and will be staying about half a mile from the Danube (been before, know the area), and then on to Budapest for a few days afterwards. Will I need to pack wellys? Are there any places saying tourists should consider changing plans?
    Well, Budapest is now protected up to 930 cm's, the Danube is at 863 cm's currently and they expect the water level to cap out below 900 cm's.
    It's also been pretty hot the last 2 days with no rain in sight but the weather has been very wierd all week, and the water level is supposed to cap out on monday so we'll have to see.
    I seriously doubt it's actually breach the dams honestly, so June 20+ should be totaly fine as long as we don't have something unexpected to happening. Like there was a construction site exactly next to the parliament building that got flooded so had to be filled in.

There, found a picture.

Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-06-08 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty happy to live in the west of Germany right now, but it seems to only get worst in the east at the moment, especially in Magdeburg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I am pretty happy to live in the west of Germany right now, but it seems to only get worst in the east at the moment, especially in Magdeburg.
    What's the latest situation with Bratislava? The UK media are concentrating on Budapest in Hungary and various parts of Germany. The floods in Budapest are "subsiding" - is this accurate?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    What's the latest situation with Bratislava? The UK media are concentrating on Budapest in Hungary and various parts of Germany. The floods in Budapest are "subsiding" - is this accurate?
    bratislava and budapest the floods are pretty much over, and with that i mean that the water level isn´t rising anymore... so you´re good to go and enjoy your time
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    bratislava and budapest the floods are pretty much over, and with that i mean that the water level isn´t rising anymore... so you´re good to go and enjoy your time
    Yeah, Budapest is pretty much fine. A few areas in Buda, on the shore got flooded pretty badly but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post

Floods? fuck that got to mow the lawn.

Priceless.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to be there to see it, must be amazing due to the fact of how rare this event is.

That said, I do hope that people don't get hurt and there isn't major damage. Hopefully it all ends up in a fun story to tell with a bit clean up here and there.

You are lucky to be 1 world countries who'll solve the situation as soon as the water allows to!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'd love to be there to see it, must be amazing due to the fact of how rare this event is.

That said, I do hope that people don't get hurt and there isn't major damage. Hopefully it all ends up in a fun story to tell with a bit clean up here and there.

You are lucky to be 1 world countries who'll solve the situation as soon as the water allows to!
    visit us in about 10 to 12 years...

Deleted
    The wall isn't permanent. It's been put up to stop the flood from affecting the surrounding area, once the water goes away they will take down the wall, note the lightpost in the middle of the "river".

What i've always wondered is why they don't create a massive deep hole (old depleted mine?) and just direct the water that way, and they slowly pump it out gradually over time, it's not like these floods last for months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    The wall isn't permanent. It's been put up to stop the flood from affecting the surrounding area, once the water goes away they will take down the wall, note the lightpost in the middle of the "river".

What i've always wondered is why they don't create a massive deep hole (old depleted mine?) and just direct the water that way, and they slowly pump it out gradually over time, it's not like these floods last for months.
    direct a river to a mine/deep hole and pump it out afterwards, while keeping water out during the rain? yeah, that doesn´t sound expensive at all

Deleted
    Ok, Hungary is mostly fine, heard nobody died or got hurt there.

Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine left... pretty much all the countries that are unprepared and pray to the divine to save them and do nothing. Expect massive floods in Romania especially and you seeing them on the news for the next 2 weeks at least.

Deleted
    Well, no one died in Hungary YET, some places further downstream from Budapest are just getting hit by the flood though, at once place, the water was at almost 1000 cm's this morning.

Oh, and can't forget, all the mosquitoes that are going to be spawning soon because of all this water, ugh.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-06-11 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    direct a river to a mine/deep hole and pump it out afterwards, while keeping water out during the rain? yeah, that doesn´t sound expensive at all
    evaporation.... there is a limestone quarry outside town and that is not full of water and you do not need a deep hole... only a big area....like a wetland/field. Before the heavy urbanisation there was loots of wetland/field around the river who was able to absorbed excess water, now the wetland is drained and the field is built up so the water can only go downstream....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    evaporation.... there is a limestone quarry outside town and that is not full of water and you do not need a deep hole... only a big area....like a wetland/field. Before the heavy urbanisation there was loots of wetland/field around the river who was able to absorbed excess water, now the wetland is drained and the field is built up so the water can only go downstream....
    i don´t think that´s what he was writing about, but what you wrote is pretty much the cause for the flooding... this and the pretty harsh weather we´re getting around central europe