LFR Hero Combat Offhand?

So I've been running with a 491 Spiritsever in my offhand since 5.1. I recently obtained Megaera's Poisoned Fang in LFR a while ago, and out of impulse I immediately upgraded it twice. I didn't really think about it til a few hours later, then it dawned on me... That +500 AGI gem might put the 491 over the 510.

I looked on the forums, and I found a lot of posters saying that LFR Spiritsever is best until you can get a 522 offhand. However, Shadowcraft seems to be saying different for me. My 510 is a very slight upgrade according to it. Not enough to have warranted 500 VP, but still an upgrade. I'm wondering if my 510 is an actual upgrade, as slight as it might be, or if I have something wrong here.

491 Spiritsever stats:
    3162 DPS
    500 AGI
    362 Mastery
    285 Expertise
    500 AGI Gem
    320 Haste Gem

510 Megaera stats:
    3775 DPS
    517 AGI
    393 Mastery
    300 Hit
    160 Haste/160 Hit Gem
    320 Haste Gem
    60 AGI socket bonus

Comparing these numbers, Spiritsever has +423 more AGI.
    That's a sizeable amount, but I don't think that AGI outweighs the fact that the 510 offhand has:
    +160 Hit
    +160 Haste
    +31 Mastery
    +300 Hit (which would be reforged to haste, but the leftover wouldn't be completely useless like expertise since I already hit the cap for both easily)
    +613 offhand DPS.

It seems that the 510 offhand is easily an upgrade over the 491, and I'm fairly sure it is, but a lot of posts I've seen seem to claim otherwise. I'm still holding onto the 491 in case I'm wrong, but any help would be welcome. Again, I'm aware that if it is an upgrade it's not really a big one and overall a waste of VP, I just want to make sure it's actually better.

Also, here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tomatic/simple

Thanks!

Well, to be frank I can't see why you would even run with a dagger in the OH in the first place as a Combat Rogue, slow OH as far as I know is a dps gain, albeit not a big one.

Also.....1h Sword/Mace/Axe Mogs are SOOOOOOOO much cooler! *drool*

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nfire/advanced

Just look at the sexiness of that! Just need the head to make it perfect! (Ok, trying to sell my mog might not be cool but well :P)

I'd advise using Shadowcraft to see what kind of OH would be your biggest upgrade, or well, more within your reach depending if you don't really put too much effort into raiding or crafting expensive weapons like Blazefury, Reborn.

But taking a quick glance at you on SC shows that even any kind of agi 522 slow OH is an upgrade for you.

Also, I think you should do something about that hit, having 12% hit is quite a chunk over the cap.
    Last edited by zerynax; 2013-06-03 at 10:12 PM.

OH weapon DPS is a lot more important for Combat than it is for Assassination (this is due to KSp and Ambidexterity for Combat while Assassination just uses it for poison procs and weakass OH Mut hits). I think the 491 > 522 posts you saw were related to Mut.

If ShC says it's an upgrade, it's probably an upgrade.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zerynax View Post
    Well, to be frank I can't see why you would even run with a dagger in the OH in the first place as a Rogue, slow OH as far as I know is a dps gain, albeit not a big one.
    In order for a slow OH to be used optimally, you have to use KSp on cooldown; otherwise a dagger comes out ahead with more poison procs. Good luck using KSp absolutely on cooldown on most ToT fights. Even still the DPS difference is minor, so you should just use whatever drops then check ShC once you have a choice while accounting for reduced KSp effectiveness.

What Squirl said. Just go with the higher dps weapon. Checking it in Shadowcraft is a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Good luck using KSp absolutely on cooldown on most ToT fights.
    I'll admit, KS is an absolute joke in ToT, the amount of times I've died to that....*shiver*
    Killmespree as they call it is a better name, Blizz should just add a warning saying "This will probably kill you, use with care"

But at least on most fights (haven't done Lei Shen HC or Ra'Den yet so can't comment on those), you can use KS fairly predictable and not sit there with it ready for a long time, but the randomness of what it attacks is a nightmare.

Dark Animus HC anyone?....