Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Theres is more calories in their salads compared to their burgers.
    Really now? The most has Chicken Caesar Salad and it's around 170, if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Heh, it's funny you mention that, as I vaguely remember a controversy about them cooking their fries in oil with some sort of animal product in it.
    No, but they cook the fries in the same grease that they cook other foods in. All fast food places do this, whether it's sanitary or not.

A single cheeseburger sure, but you are eating a very small amount of food with a single cheeseburger.

1 small cheeseburger has:
    300 calories
    12g of fat
    680mg of sodium

You wont get just 1 cheeseburger, youre going to get fries too (medium at least):
    380 calories
    19g of fat
    270mg of sodium

Suddenly you are way higher than a salad for roughly the same amount of food.

Before I used to get 2 mcchickens and a large french fry at mcdonalds
    1 mcchicken:
    360 calories
    16g of fat
    800mg of sodium

So I ate
    1,220 calories
    57g of fat
    1,950mg of sodium

Now I eat a salad and a sandwich
    710 calories
    34g of fat
    1,540mg of sodium

and that feels a lot more filling than before

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matash View Post
    Glad that as a proffesional sporstman, ive never had a need to count those:-) When i am feeling like going to McD, my order generally contains 7-10 cheesburgers and fries :P
    I dont count calories, I am a 6' tall guy and I am the heaviest I have ever been at around 150 pounds. I dont really pay much attention to what I eat, but I am trying to start a little bit.

Deleted
    are you eating salad with dressing or dressing with sallad?

Chicken ceasar salad is 230 calories.
    Chicken pesto is 475 calories.
    Prosciutto and melon is 190 calories.

Big mac 505 calories.
    McFeast also 505 calories.
    QP Cheese 510 calories.
    Double cheese 450 calories.

So basicly thats only the chicken pesto sallad that is even close too the same calories as the burgers.

All this info is from the McDonalds sweden mobile Phone app.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Some of them, sure... but they also should have the right to eat whatever in the hell they want to instead of someone dictating what they should eat. Its called being free
    Yeah, you keep eating your own bullshit. Informing people and making people make a choice about their bad habbits has nothing to do with being free.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-06-03 at 11:05 PM.

I tried a grilled chicken wrap the other day. Was pretty damn good..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Who the blotclottingfuck buys salads at McDonalds...
    My wife and I when we were in the Hospital while she was in labor for the 4 days before the retarded doctors decided to do a C-section, had Mcdonalds salads every day for Supper. They were actually quite tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I tried a grilled chicken wrap the other day. Was pretty damn good..
    Yea they are good, but wow do they feel expensive lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No, but they cook the fries in the same grease that they cook other foods in. All fast food places do this, whether it's sanitary or not.
    I think what they are talking about is that McDonalds got sued in the 90s(?) because they used to spritz the fries with beef or something for flavour and didn't disclose it (and in fact advertised them as cooked in pure vegetable oil). A Jain or a Hindu found out and sued, but obviously it got a lot of attention for vegetarians of the non-religious variety as well.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    If they sold salads that didn't require vegetarians to pick pieces of meat off of them, the might sell one or two. Occasionally. At least, last I checked all of their salads had chicken or something on them to start with. Many vegetarians won't eat something that's already touched meat, or meat juices, of any kind.

Shake and fries!
    .... you understand that they usually put the chicken on to order. Soooo you can just say salad no chicken and um ya you then have a salad with no meat on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Yea they are good, but wow do they feel expensive lol
    They have offers over here £1.99 on certain days, it is a tad pricey but when my college is serving a small piece of shitty pizza for £3 it's no comparison for me. I don't know how healthy they are but they feel healthy
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    As far as i know this is false. Every McDonalds restaurant share the same idea of standard. And at the restaurant where i work we have 3 baths, fits 2 in each, and they are for Fries only. nothing else. we have a 2 baths for chicken, 1 bath for fish, 1 bath for veggie stuff that isnt fries, chilli cheese, bean burgers.

Could have been diffrent in the past im sure, but not currently.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Heh, it's funny you mention that, as I vaguely remember a controversy about them cooking their fries in oil with some sort of animal product in it.
    They eventually reformulated it to taste like the "real thing," but it shouldn't actually contain animal byproduct in it. (and yes, I remember that too)

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we have a fucking winner, if you're looking for healthy food STOP GOING TO FAST FOOD PLACES, it's great mc donalds tries to go healthy it's good for their image but the criticism is just pathetic when the avg customer doesn't give a shit whats in it just as long as it tastes good. if they really cared they would go somewhere else where the main food isn't burgers fries and milkshakes.
    Too bad McDonalds tasting like shit on a shingle refutes your entire argument right there. McD's food is barely edible, but it's cheap, quick, and easy. Even just the smell of the place makes my stomach turn when I walk in.

Granted I am a butcher and see quality, fantastic meat pass before my eyes every day, and have cheap access to said meat, and have cooking knowledge to make things of quality McDonalds hasn't produced since they were a small town dive in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggid View Post
    .... you understand that they usually put the chicken on to order. Soooo you can just say salad no chicken and um ya you then have a salad with no meat on it.
    No, I didn't, but I'm not the vegetarian and prefer not to visit the place when possible. I'll point that out the next time it comes up, but I don't think she'll care. She doesn't tend to eat much of anything "fresh" to begin with (to my dismay).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think what they are talking about is that McDonalds got sued in the 90s(?) because they used to spritz the fries with beef or something for flavour and didn't disclose it (and in fact advertised them as cooked in pure vegetable oil). A Jain or a Hindu found out and sued, but obviously it got a lot of attention for vegetarians of the non-religious variety as well.
    Oh.

Eww, that actually sounds nasty.

no.. they dont...

-someone whos worked at mcdonalds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Too bad McDonalds tasting like shit on a shingle refutes your entire argument right there. McD's food is barely edible, but it's cheap, quick, and easy. Even just the smell of the place makes my stomach turn when I walk in.
    Which is entirely subjective. The entire point of McDonalds food and indeed all fast food is that it's ok tasting, cheap, and convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh.

I dunno, it sounds kinda gross but I used to love their fries when I was a kid and now I don't, so maybe that was the thing that changed them. I don't think it was a lot, just a little beef broth or fat additive for flavour.

(although, now that I think about it, I am not sure if they actually stopped with the beef, or if they just stopped advertising them as vegetarian as a result - so maybe they still do it)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh.

Fries are sprayed with beef tallow before they are frozen. Or were, not sure if they still do after the lawsuit in 2000. It's pretty disgusting sounding stuff.