Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Ugh, I must be a crazy person for saying this but I think technically, pedophilia can be a sexual orientation. I don't think people can help what they find sexually appealing. People like all sorts of bizarre shit like goats, horses, furries, poop, whatever. However, children are too young to understand or reciprocate what pedophiles want out from them. Pedophilia is messed up and wrong but to be fair, I don't think some people can help feeling those urges. They just can't act on them. That's what that Japanese loli bullshit is for. An outlet for weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Almatari View Post
    People like all sorts of bizarre shit like goats, horses, furries, poop, whatever.
    See aforementioned fetish discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Unless the pedophile is actually raping children I don't really see the big deal with pedophiles.

This statement right here hits the nail right on the head.

The media has trained a good vast majority of people to wrongly associate paedophilia with rape.

My Grandad married my Nan when he was 22 and she was 14. Back in those days, this was considered normal, and most certainly not illegal or associated with paedophilia.

My family turned out just fine.

- People need to be educated that paedophilia has different definitions in different countrys.
    - People need to be educated that paedophilia is not the same thing as rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Ooooor it tells you that marriage is not innate, and humans are meant to stick around with one partner only so long as it takes for the child to grow enough to no longer need constant protection. 4 years, I think the average is, on divorce rates.

And seriously, you think 50% of people just 'get it wrong'?
    Yes. People change. People don't know what they want until they mature. That takes learning from experience. Women tend to marry solid providers to raise children better. They marry for money instead of love.

Etc.

Yes, very good. People don't have sex to procreate. They have sex for pleasure and to form bonds. It might result in procreation, but we as apes wouldn't quite know what a sperm and egg is (we only came up with germ theory in the last 200 years).

And thus polygamy was born. And homosexuality. You think all males having a pleasure button up their butts is just by chance? (And if they're having sex with males, they have to be having sex with females too, because we're here today. By definition, polygamy)
    Anal sex is a topic for another day. But here you are jumping to conclusions. Just because people want to maximize pleasure doesn't mean they want to screw everyone.

Polygamy has had so much stigma attached to it I'm surprised we hear about it at all. But, you know, it is represented in mainstream culture. We've found a loophole. One night stands are completely acceptable.
    A one night stand is different from a couple agreeing that it's ok to sleep with other people while together. People cheat and there is something called jealously that creates rifts between people. Now if you want to argue that there are people who naturally feel inclined to have multiple partners I won't argue with you. I am very libertarian when it comes to sex which means I don't really care as long as it's not hurting anyone.

You are assuming that everyone is polygamous by nature and is conditioned to be monogamous when that's simply not true. We live in the freest society on the planet when it comes to sex and yet polygamy isn't very popular. It's far from the norm even in this pleasure-obsessed society.

(The dark force holding people back is guilt)
    Seriously, if you want that kind of relationship then find people who share the same point of view. Then there is no guilt and no one gets hurt.

Guilt? Really? In today's orgy filled world? You know there's an old saying: there's nothing new under the sun. If you can think of it, someone's already done it.

Good to see that we agree. I think that the role of the father is very important. Resources and protection.
    There's also love and guidance, you know? Society is born from our intelligence more than an uncontrollable lust filled nature that you presume we all have. It's not as if we have to keep our lust under control lest we screw everyone in sight.

What I want is happiness for all. I want peace, and I want people to love each other. I don't want people to live in fear of what their culture thinks. (Side note - what the fuck are you talking about abandoning children? I never supported, nor would I support, this action. But I would phrase it differently; abandoning the group - detestable).
    That is where your ideology leads. Men don't take responsibility and don't think it's their fault because they were just made that way. Well if you are conscious of the lives you have destroyed by not being there to help them then it is your fault because you are aware of it. If you weren't aware of it or are and don't care then we don't want you here. We are better than that. There are plenty of fathers who do care about their children and don't impregnate every woman they meet.

Our intelligence will be our downfall. We'll keep people with serious genetic deformations (life-threatening/sterilizing) alive, give them children through science. (Glasses example - not life-threatening, also not necessarily genetic, but rather epigenetic/nutritional/lifestyle, which is why one twin can become a lawyer and have terrible eyesight while the other becomes a gymnast and has perfect vision. Adaptable little things, here; and useful for looking at close things, if poor at range).

Use it or lose it. Your biology PhD SO should understand what that means.
    You missed the point. We adapt by using our intelligence rather than simply let people who aren't cut out for the world die. We weren't meant to survive in outerspace or travel deep under water either but we can do almost anything with the aid of advanced technology.

People are going to do what they have always done: they are going to do what is most efficient, and hey, maybe they will "evolve" into Lovecraftian nightmares, but if we take a tried and true approach without violating free will then humankind can survive.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2013-06-05 at 07:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The discussion in this thread is only getting worse.

Therefore, closed.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)