Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most Awesome LFR moments

So we all know LFR kind of bites sometimes.

But how about rare moments when you're just awe stricken by how awesome your "Random Pug Raid" turns out to be?

Moments ago, I was ported into a lei shen LFR...I was annoyed, as usual, I have to now requeue for pinnacle to get the first two bosses, figured it would be a wipe fest waste of a half hour.

So we were waiting on another tank and figured "what the hell, lets build some stacks for lulz."

so with one tank and like 21 people, we downed Lei Shen in one shot, on LFR.

How epic is that?

Anybody else got any epic tales of their LFR experience?

PROOF

http://i.imgur.com/IVJ3rnC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TFcy4MI.jpg
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Few month ago I was on Elegon LFR; the boss went to phase two and 21 people died simultaneously falling into the abyss.
    THAT was my most awesome LFR moment !

Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    Few month ago I was on Elegon LFR; the boss went to phase two and 21 people died simultaneously falling into the abyss.
    THAT was my most awesome LFR moment !
    Wow that is a pretty epic fail.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I remember a couple of times where DPS was exceptional and the group oneshot everything quickly breaking everybody's DBM records. If the dps was always decent, LFR would be less painful to do on alts.

Deleted
    I have had one LFR where actually NOONE fell down at Elegon. That was a first, normally there is 2-4 slackers. Needless to say, that LFR was a breeze.
    Last night i did first part HoF and we did the trash to the first boss without a tank dying, and Vizier killed only 1 person with circles.

I have yet to encounter a group where noone dies at Durumu, but i guess that will be a while yet

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    I have had one LFR where actually NOONE fell down at Elegon. That was a first, normally there is 2-4 slackers. Needless to say, that LFR was a breeze.
    Last night i did first part HoF and we did the trash to the first boss without a tank dying, and Vizier killed only 1 person with circles.

I have yet to encounter a group where noone dies at Durumu, but i guess that will be a while yet
    I honestly am not sure if that will ever happen.

Then again, I'd have never guessed you could one tank 21 man Lei shen without a single bit of pre planning either.

When we made it to the first intermission, it was like... "uhhh, okay spread out....I guess?"
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Actually today, 1:30 AM. Already got my Lei-Shen kill some minutes before hand and entered a fresh ID, first tank left before we could even pulled the trash. Second tank left right before Qon without a word.

We waited for 25 minutes (looks like tanks are hard to come by during the week at that time), sat in a circle, sat in a row, /danced, talked about random stuff and were patient. Nobody else left, finally somebody managed to encourage a guildy to queue up as a tank and everyone cheered when that boy arrived. Killed Qon at around 2:00 AM, killed Twins some minutes later and most of them stayed for Lei Shen afterwards (killed him with 18 people around 2:30 AM without a wipe, long after i wanted to shut down my game. I learned a new thing: that lfr fill up sytem won't bring new people unless they can fill all spots and since we were short on a single tank for about an hour no further aid could arrive). Endboss downed and instead of rushing away most took the time to write some words of goodbye. It was a really awesome experience against all those anonym trends that comes with the LF-tools.

Durumu second week. Not one died to beam.

Just to show what a grouchy git I am: my favourite LFR moments are the times the group kicks someone for being a douche. Folks who are just talking trash and/or not doing anything are frequent enough, but the other day my group even kicked someone who spent the entire Horridon fight attacking the boss instead of mobs - awesome. (And once, back when you could do this, we kicked someone who needed on a lockbox - happy days.)

Deleted
    I still votekick people who need on the greens. If you are in MV (or higher) then you have better gear, so you dont need it.
    It's a complete douchemove to deprive normal players of their chance of loot and imho the only way to teach people not to do that is to have them kicked.
    "You need on a green? Ok, back into the 30 mins queue with you. See if it's worth it next time." That's my view on it.

i was in the second wing of MSV gearing up my warrior alt, it was a while ago now, but i remember the healer being a total douchebag to anyone and everyone - i'm pretty sure the tank was new and was actually asking questions about how to do stuff so we didn't die.

then this healer gets all up in the tanks face about him being a noob and it'd be quicker to kick the tank and get a new one, than it would be to suffer his noobishness and type out tactics, he tried to get a vote kick going and it failed.

the tank sucked it up and did best he could on spirit kings, but then during the trash between spirit kings and elegon, the healer starts bitching at the tank again - wasn't like he was taking loads of damage, or pulling more than he could handle, he was going at a conservative pace to ensure he could tank whatever he pulled.

healer starts trying to initiate a votekick on the tank - again - but he's spending so much time bitching, he's pretty obviously not doing his own job (dispelling the stone thing) and starting to piss a lot of people off, so when he tried to initiate another votekick on the tank, someone in the raid says "y'know, personally, i think this raid would be a whole lot better off without your whining" - within 5 seconds he was gone.

i don't think i've ever laughed so hard at someone getting kicked. the "noob" tank, then continued on to do a fantastic job throughout the rest of the raid.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    not really an epic moment, more of a fail on my part. had been a while since i did "Forgotten Depths" in LFR. I got the blue beam and just stood there and everyone was yelling at me. Totally forgot you have to move with it in LFR, unlike 10 where you jst kind of chill and dont reveal the blue add. Rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    So we all know LFR kind of bites sometimes.

But how about rare moments when you're just awe stricken by how awesome your "Random Pug Raid" turns out to be?

Moments ago, I was ported into a lei shen LFR...I was annoyed, as usual, I have to now requeue for pinnacle to get the first two bosses, figured it would be a wipe fest waste of a half hour.

So we were waiting on another tank and figured "what the hell, lets build some stacks for lulz."

so with one tank and like 21 people, we downed Lei Shen in one shot, on LFR.

How epic is that?

Anybody else got any epic tales of their LFR experience?

PROOF

http://i.imgur.com/IVJ3rnC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TFcy4MI.jpg
    Pfffff, you might have killed Lei-Shen, but you let superm...an die

Deleted
    One time I actually got the drop I needed the most.

Does 22 people falling down the floor on Elegon count as epic? I think it was noteworthy atleast

Now I need to give a precursor that I usually do my best to not be one of those LFR heroes that immediately takes charge and tries to be the raid leader. That being said…

It was the second week that Lei Shen was open and my group already had it on farm in normal mode, and the LFR I was in got to the boss with little to no difficulty. I casually asked if everyone was comfortable with the fight, or if anyone had any questions. The group leader at the time passed me lead, and several people asked if I could explain it. I went through the fight pretty briefly, and everyone seemed to understand what was going on. We pulled the boss and everyone did exactly like they were supposed to, and we 1 shot the boss. It was a really pleasant experience to have a group that acknowledged that they didn’t know the fight, listened to someone who did, and were successful.

Deleted
    It was pretty fun being able to wipe a group by pulling Ultraxion with rocket boots + slow fall and all you get in response is "????".

Other than that I remember having trivia-bot open on Madness LFR and the fight took forever because everyone was focused on answering the questions instead of doing the fight. It was pretty awesome.

Last week LFR put me into a group with a guy who I used to raid with. He had transferred off server, gone Alliance then back to Horde, burned out, quit, re-upped. And he recognized my toon name and we joked about the rest of the group in whispers throughout the run. And now we're battletag friends again so I won't lose him again.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak with no CC. Druid tank with 520 ilv. You can imagine the rest.. so much Thrashy goodness on that pull that I was still #1 for overall damage done by a huge margin after killing Shek'zeer.

I've one-tanked Lei Shen as well. There's no Decapitate debuff, and the damage from Decap and Fusion Slash is a joke, so it's really not a problem. I also one-tanked Primordius LFR (pre-nerf) when we were waiting in the queue and someone else pulled out of impatience. That's how I found out that after you get 20 stacks of Malformed Blood, they fall off and start stacking up again.

A lot of the time people wait for additional heals/dps/tanks, whichever, and it's usually not necessary.

You have to expect a few of the dps to die randomly, 2 healers to just be poor, and one tank that doesn't actually tank anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Heart of Fear, the boss where you transform into a big swirly-amber-thingy...I had no clue what to do when transformed so I just hit one button and suddenly had a lot of HP. I then proceeded to smash that button cause who doesn't want impossible amounts of hitpoints ;-)

I think we wiped because they couldn't break me free...still don't know what exactly to do when you transform.