Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fable 1 The REMAKE!

The return of Chicken Chaser!

Will be out later this year. I cant wait. It includes the lost chapters as well! I hope they also add a bunch into it.

Some screen shots to show the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if Molyneux will have a hand in it. Poor wretch can't ever seem to keep his mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather dismayed by the XBox 360 logo at the end of the clip. Should have targeted the remake for Xbox One and PC.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Rather dismayed by the XBox 360 logo at the end of the clip. Should have targeted the remake for Xbox One and PC.
    It would certainly boost Xbox one sales a bit, to actually have a game lined up for it that you can see. I guess it will also be on PC I dont see why it wouldnt.

Too bad I don't own an Xbox 360, hopefully it will be on Steam, loved this game on my normal Xbox back as a kid if it's not on PC will just play it at my mates house :P

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It would certainly boost Xbox one sales a bit, to actually have a game lined up for it that you can see. I guess it will also be on PC I dont see why it wouldnt.
    I only have a 360 because my step dad bought it and since I am never going to get a xboxone, no I am glad this is coming out for the 360.

So long as they don't do anything stupid this could be pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    HA! Thanks for the excellent example!

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy it once, play on 360. Buy it again to play on Xbox one.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay, keep meaning to replay fable 1 but keep getting put off due to the bad graphics, wish they were more like fable 3 :P

Buy it once, play on 360. Buy it again to play on Xbox one with 360 graphics.
    Fixed that for you

/wink

Can't wait for this, please let it be on pc, I will slay and kick many chickens in lionhead studios name to make sure it does.

I'd much rather they work on a version of Fable 2 for the PC instead, but I guess that'd make too much sense

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    yay, keep meaning to replay fable 1 but keep getting put off due to the bad graphics, wish they were more like fable 3 :P
    The graphics of fable are passable.

Making this game console exclusive is retarded. Hell console exclusives are garbage anyway you should be able to play it anywhere on anything.

And as long as Peter Molydouche isn't involved I'll play it. Otherwise i'll pass as a matter of course.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah, but it was still a fantastic game. I know what you mean though. Its hard to look at older games sometimes, but it does not make them bad.

Yeah, but it was still a fantastic game. I know what you mean though. Its hard to look at older games sometimes, but it does not make them bad.
    Legend of the dragoon needs a HD remake. But I will play that game blinded if I had to.

Will buy it if they release on PC. Also, I really hope that the graphics won't be the only thing they change. A slightly smoother battle system would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Will buy it if they release on PC. Also, I really hope that the graphics won't be the only thing they change. A slightly smoother battle system would be nice.
    I bet that all that gets added is nicer graphics and acheivements. If it does come to PC, you can be assured it'll be using Games for Windows Live too.

The screenshots do look sexy though. I prefered the first Fable over the other two and i've not replayed the first one in years, so it'll be nice to play on it again. What I'd like them to add in is some kind of co-op, even if it's just arena battles out where the bandits live. Maps of the areas would be nice too, as even though the game is fairly linear it can be hard to track down where quests need to be handed in and where all the shops are.

I know they won't, but i'd love it if they made the entire game one big world. With all the Fable games if you reach the end of the map there's a loading screen, even between areas such as different parts of the woods. If they could make it one seamless world, like WoW, that'd be amazing. If they don't nevermind, but it'd be a nice addition.

Have they said if they're adding in the additonal content from Lost Chapters too? I'd prefer it all bundled together, rather than split up into DLC.

Eh, the only part of the graphics that are really awful is the facial "expressions" and the god awful demon children that the game has... I'd also point out of the terrible accents that nearly every character has, but that's more like a running staple in the games.

But, as much as I loved Fable and TLC, looking at how the series has pretty much gotten worse with each instalment, I can't help but think they'll just ruin this gem as well. I'll cross my fingers and hope that it's not a butchered cash grab. Glad that it'll see a 360 version too, rather not miss out on this just because there's no way in hell I'd buy a Xbone.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Legend of the dragoon needs a HD remake. But I will play that game blinded if I had to.
    This definitely needs to happen.

Deleted
    Sweet!

I loved Fable TLC, it was an awesome game. It was the first game I played on my original Xbox in fact. There hasn't been any exclusive games for Xbox360 that I have enjoyed to be honest, but a HD remake for Xbox360 is something that I'll truly look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Have they said if they're adding in the additonal content from Lost Chapters too? I'd prefer it all bundled together, rather than split up into DLC.
    We'll get everything from the lost chapters.

Edit 2:

Here's a link to an interview (podcast).
    Last edited by mmoc0f3a9627b3; 2013-06-04 at 06:35 PM.