Unusual high ram usage.

Here is my task manager view of my Ram: http://imgur.com/IGtn4aO

and here is the list of processes sorted from high to low in ram usage: http://imgur.com/4OJ4Eqo

I cant find where all the ram is going to.

I only have 2 gigs cached. Where is it all going?

That's really strange, maybe it's reported wrong. You can turn off pagefile btw, with 16GB RAM you won't go OOM anytime soon. Especially if you have SSD you should do it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I daresay there may be a memory leak here...

Have you ever run memtest 86+?

http://www.memtest86.com/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I havent tried a memtest, I will download it and try it now. And I ma not familiar with pagefile. What would I gain by turning it off?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make sure, you understand how to run memtest right? Burn it to a CD/DVD and boot to it via BIOS settings and just let it autorun for a while, at least 1 or 2 passes should tell you what's up.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I daresay there may be a memory leak here...

Have you ever run memtest 86+?

http://www.memtest86.com/
    Memory leaks are fault in software, memtest won't do anything about that.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Memory leaks are fault in software, memtest won't do anything about that.
    What would you recommend for finding memory leaks then?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just to make sure, you understand how to run memtest right? Burn it to a CD/DVD and boot to it via BIOS settings and just let it autorun for a while, at least 1 or 2 passes should tell you what's up.
    No, I actually dont. I tried to extract it onto a flash drive and boot from it butt it said missing OS.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    What would you recommend for finding memory leaks then?
    RAMMap might be able to give you some info.
    VMMap can help you take a closer look if you find anything with RAMMap that looks funny.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-06-04 at 10:55 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Windows 8 (x64) it seems, now if it was normal memory leak it should show at some app in processes.

Check the peformance tab -> open resource monitor ->Memory -> Working set (VM suspended etc. memory usage shows here)

also see catalyst runnig so amd/ati card somewhere also?.. BF3 seems to cause memory leaks in catalyst drivers in windows 8 (for some)
    anything else mostlikely some buggy driver with memory leak... update drivers. (system running for days)

Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Windows 8 (x64) it seems, now if it was normal memory leak it should show at some app in processes.

Check the peformance tab -> open resource monitor ->Memory -> Working set (VM suspended etc. memory usage shows here)

also see catalyst runnig so amd/ati card somewhere also?.. BF3 seems to cause memory leaks in catalyst drivers in windows 8 (for some)
    anything else most likely some buggy driver with memory leak... update drivers. (system running for days)
    I do have an amd radeon card. It seems to only happen after I play rift, as since I restarted my PC earlier it has been running fine. I checked and I do have full up to date drivers.

I could not find anything from this year about rift and memory leak though so I am not sure. with wow, twitch, skype, and 5 chrome tabs open im sitting at 39% memory usage which is sooo much better then what I was at.