Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This kind of beauracratic nonsense where one person says one thing, another says something else is a clear sign that you don't want to work there. If they can't even get their shit straight on something as simple as that, imagine what will happen during the actual job when a semi-complicated issue may arise. Consider it a sign that you're better off without that particular job I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Or they want to know that you are who you say you are, so that they don't get fucked over by the IRS for employing people that aren't allowed to work. You can give somebody else power of attorney to cash cheques in your name (no photo ID required to write one), and without a photo-ID the employer has no way of knowing if you are the same person as is named on the social security card/work permit.
    O' Canada.
    We don't fuck our own citizens over with red tape
    When all they want to do; is go about their daily lives.

And if there was such a case to slip through the cracks;
    We'd blame the system and not the poor bloke who couldn't get a job.

You have the right to pursue alternative methods of proving you identification;
    without being forced to learn to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    O' Canada.

You dont need to be able to drive to have an ID, though it functions the same way as an ID just your allowed to drive
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Expired IDs don't work? That's kinda surprising. I mean, really they just need it for the picture.
    Yeah, I think I've used one before. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a photo ID. If you're underage and working part time, again, do yourself a favor and at least work retail, food is nasty!

If not, get a factory job, and make some real money get experience and move on when you can.

McD's is at the very bottom of the barrel, right next to walmart.
    People are 100x nastier than Food, trust me.

O' Canada.

And what about that guy on the first page whose brother, owning a business in Canada, got fucked over for not properly documenting his employees?

Again. If you don't have the money to get a photo-ID, try asking around your friends or family if you can borrow the money. You'll need the ID anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    You dont need to be able to drive to have an ID, though it functions the same way as an ID just your allowed to drive
    We also can infer when hyperbole is presented in the form of written text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, now that I think about it, the job I have now, they didn't even ask me for the usual two forms of ID thing.

Yeah, but you don't have 12 million or so illegal aliens to structure laws around either.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what about that guy on the first page whose brother, owning a business in Canada, got fucked over for not properly documenting his employees?
    He didn't get "fucked over", he got caught deliberately defrauding the government. So he had to pay a fine.

If he didn't break the law to cheat the government out of taxes, he wouldn't have been fined. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find a single state that charged more than $23 to renew state ID & most were much much less.

Are you in the US? Look it up for your state instead of taking someone's word for it that its $50?

Write up a little contract stating you'll pay whoever loans you the cost to renew state ID that you'll give them X dollars per paycheck til paid in full, somebody else mentioned that too ^^

Good Luck~

Deleted
    Ah well I've run into problems with my ID before because it doesn't have an expiry date! And it's an official government ID. You just can't win.

Again. If you don't have the money to get a photo-ID, try asking around your friends or family if you can borrow the money. You'll need the ID anyway.
    Properly documenting one's employees requires only a name, address, phone number and social insurance number.

But in Canada, other than whether or not somebody is 15 or under (thus requiring a parental permission form to work) an employer is not allowed to directly or indirectly ask an employees age during the hiring process. So if they were to say "I can't hire you unless you show me a piece of photo id" that would be illegal since the photo id would contain their birthday.

So terminating somebody after the fact for not having it would be termination of existing employment, which doesn't require a reason after the first day, but unless it's a driving job would be easy to construe as age descrimination. So I've never been asked by an employer for photo Id. They employer only needs to file the info I mentioned above.(and their compensation, obviously) If the employee lies that's the employee s bad

OP you got some bad information from your employer. Live, learn and go get a damn ID. Consider this part of your education as a working adult. An I-9 is an I-9. Any legit job you get is going to have to fill out an I-9 and is going to need a photo ID. Hell, most places I've worked even have the I-9 stuff posted prominently somewhere near the main office/HR office/crew break area.

bottom line...go get a damn ID.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I was hired at Mcdonalds. I went to orientation today and it was okay. So comes the part where they need 2 forms of ID. They told me two of any combination between photo ID, birth certificate, and social security card is accepted. All I had was my birth certificate and SS card. My photo ID expired last year and I haven't had the extra money to renew it since I've been out of work. So they tell me that I was all set. Come the last 20 minutes of the orientation, they tell me I need a photo ID or I can't work there. It makes no sense because they originally said I was all set because I did have 2 forms of ID. So I guess the reason I am asking this is. Do I really need a photo ID, or are they telling me this because they don't want to hire me? The person who recruited me (Not the person who did my orientation), I told her I didn't have a photo ID and she said as long as I had a birth certificate and my SS card I could get a job.
    If they didn't want to hire you, why would they invite you to orientation? Do you think they somehow expected you to not have an ID when most adults in the US have one?

Why the hell didn't you just bring your expired ID? They still could have used it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Spend your money on food to live... Spend money to take picture. Spend money to pay for bills.. Spend money to take picture.
    Run out of money because you can't get a job without a photo ID.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    If they didn't want to hire you, why would they invite you to orientation? Do you think they somehow expected you to not have an ID when most adults in the US have one?

Why the hell didn't you just bring your expired ID? They still could have used it.
    He did bring it and they didn't accept it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 02:22 AM ----------

O' Canada.

Photo ID =/= driver's license.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RockJohnAxe View Post
    Who cares bro, its Mcdonalds.

Worst place to work ever, ever, ever.

Some people will say something is ok and someone else will say it isnt.

People do things differently.

Bottom Line: Don't trust ANYONE, especially when it comes to a job. Everyone is lieing to you because they don't care.
    I can vouch for this. I was standing at the counter, and while I was waiting to be served I saw 2 cockroaches run from under the cookers to under the breadrolls.

Good luck getting me to eat from there, again.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Photo ID =/= driver's license.
    I'm never using hyperbole on this forum again. Clearly the forum filters filter it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

He did bring it and they didn't accept it.
    Yeah, I gathered that after reading from the post I replied to up until your post. Notice how I was quoting the OP, meaning that I replied immediately after the OP. Now, obviously your post comes far after the posts that explain it, so it stands to reason that if I'm going to read your post, I've already figured it out. Come on man it's common sense, this reply was simply unnecessary.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-06-05 at 02:34 AM.

I'm never using hyperbole on this forum again. Clearly the forum filters filter it out.
    People probably could have seen it easier if there was some obvious humor rather than just saying something that was wrong and didn't really make sense.