Laptop specs for wow

Hey guys.. Im buying my girlgriend a laptop so that we can play together... Hopefully LFR together aswell.. My budgets not too good but do you guys think that this laptop will run ok on LFRs.. Specs are:

Instant On
    Bang & Olufsen Audo
    720P Camera
    Illuminated Keyboard
    Extra Wide Angle View
    2 Years Global Warranty
    Windows 8 Standard 64Bit
    Intel® Core i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz (Turbo 3.3G)/6M Processor
    400nits EWV 15.6" LED (1920x1080)
    1x 4GB DDR3-1600 (2x DIMM Max 8GB)
    750GB 5400rpm HDD
    BluRay Combo
    Intel® HM76 Chipset
    2GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GT630M Support nVidia 3D Vision
    Built-in speaker; Built-in microphone; Bang & Olufsen ICEpower®; SonicFocus
    Intel WIDI, 802.11 b/g/n , 10/100/1000
    6 Cell / 5200mAh Battery
    720P HD Low Lux Camera
    2.70 KG
    38.0(W) x 25.5(D) x 2.72 ~ 3.24 (H) cm
    Card Reader: SD, MMC, MS
    2x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0
    1x Microphone-in jack; 1x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF); 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert; 1x VGA Port (D-Sub); 1x HDMI
    Backlit Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
    120W Adaptor
    External Sub-Woffer

I jut copy and pasted everything from the site so sorry for the wall of text.. Thanks!!

Deleted
    yes

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my first question would be, does your girlfriend need a laptop, aka, does she need to take the laptop around with her, or does she play/live with you. If she does stay with you and doesn't need to move around a lot, why not get a Desktop pc, by get a desktop i would suggest dabbling into building your own, its not as hard as some people think.

What kind of budget do you have?

With that laptop, your probably paying a high price premium when you could build your self a computer and probably be around the same price range, yet have 10x the gaming performance.

Regarding that specific laptop if you are dead set on buying that one, i see that the native resolution for the screen is 1080p, the laptop has a GT630m which is fairly poor for gaming, i would say you would have to lower the resolution and settings in game to get any playable framerates in LFR with your girlfriend, now outside LFR, like leveling and dungeons, i would say that laptop would be fine for those. One thing is dont expect high framerates.

Question, what is your budget, and does she need a laptop?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanblood View Post
    Well my first question would be, does your girlfriend need a laptop, aka, does she need to take the laptop around with her, or does she play/live with you. If she does stay with you and doesn't need to move around a lot, why not get a Desktop pc, by get a desktop i would suggest dabbling into building your own, its not as hard as some people think.

What kind of budget do you have?

With that laptop, your probably paying a high price premium when you could build your self a computer and probably be around the same price range, yet have 10x the gaming performance.

Regarding that specific laptop if you are dead set on buying that one, i see that the native resolution for the screen is 1080p, the laptop has a GT630m which is fairly poor for gaming, i would say you would have to lower the resolution and settings in game to get any playable framerates in LFR with your girlfriend, now outside LFR, like leveling and dungeons, i would say that laptop would be fine for those. One thing is dont expect high framerates.

Question, what is your budget, and does she need a laptop?
    Hey, yea we kind of need a laptop cause she still doesnt live with me.. And i already have my desktop in my room... About 1500 dollars nz is my budget.. So it will still able to run on lfr but not on max settings? Ryt now we using her mac and leveling and dungeon is fine... Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    if your budget is 1500$ i would recommend going to http://www.ibuypower.com/IbpPages/Laptop.aspx and looking at there gaming laptops, the one you were planning on buying wasn't really meant for games, but even the cheapest laptop on that website is far better for gaming then the one you were planning on getting.

i would recommend the Battalion 101 W650SR the laptop on the left, but the middle one is also a good choice, also you can customize the laptops and choose better parts of you want.

ibuypower is a well known website so they have good warrenty service and its already prebuilt for you, so you can get good gaming laptops also.

on a side note, with 1500$ you could build two 600-700 desktops that would far outperform even some of the ibuypower gaming laptops, one for your house and one for hers, so she would have a computer we ever she went.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll run LFR at probably about 30fps on medium settings. Playable. Not great, but playable.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You should not pay that much money for those specs. I have a laptop here, with an i5 2520m, 8gb ddr3 and a 630m and it is doing just fine for WoW (and CSGO / LoL / Civ5), most settings on high. So regarding specs the laptop you linked would do fine in WoW, however, I fear that you would be overpaying a lot. Granted, I have an i5, not an i7, but still, I payed under 450 euro's, where your budget is more than twice that.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he meant his budget is 1500, not that system costs 1500.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Budget is 1500 hundred but thisnlatop is about 1400 dollars new zealand... I tjought it was cheap cause its so expensive here... Thanks peeps!