Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Jadefire for disc why the hell would you want MORE spirit when you can get crit instead zzzzz

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    God forbid legendaries be hard(ish) to get.
    i just hope it doesnt interfere with t16 progression (like meta gem god that was just dumb, some guilds have full meta gem during H lei shen my guild doesnt)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I don't disagree, but people just want them to keep getting easier and easier.
    Kind of odd, this opinion.

On one hand, you complain people want "easier legendaries," yet on the other you agree with the old method that they just...dropped from a boss...which is about as "easy" as anything can get in this game.

"Easy" =\= took 100+ kills to get. That just takes patience (and RNG).

The old Legendaries just required killing a boss. The WotLK+ Legendaries have all had their fair share of RNG involved, but also include either solo content or require a raid group to defeat bosses a certain way.

I'd say that they're better than they originally were (in terms of how they are acquired) from Shadowmourne through Rogue daggers. This current iteration is just fanservice.

10+ Year Old Account
    only on the gather 3000 points bit (was 6000 so i just gave up with valour, thought of 6 weeks of grinding turned me way off -.-) are there any more long grinds after that bit? (ie ones that block you via instance resets/ caps rather than just requiring effort and can be done in a day or two?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    only on the gather 3000 points bit (was 6000 so i just gave up with valour, thought of 6 weeks of grinding turned me way off -.-) are there any more long grinds after that bit? (ie ones that block you via instance resets/ caps rather than just requiring effort and can be done in a day or two?)
    You are in for lots of fun if you thought the valor grind was bad :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    at least with LFR its possible to catch up, even if it does still take ages =)

I don't mind the new system, doing a quest chain is better than just getting lucky on some random boss kill (even if you farm them or exspecially then it is a random kill that will finally give it to you).
    I'm just annoyed when they give you 'legendary' rewards and then make it impossible to use them because you never get that sha-touched weapon they go with due to bad luck.
    Thats just as bad as having a whole raidgroup work hard for a long time for that first legendary just for it to turn out to be useless to the one who did the quest chain because they didn't tell the players that it would be a sword when they had to choose whom to give that first random drop and druids can't use swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so going to get the dps cloak for my disc priest and my shamy as well. It just bugs me that the spirit-cloak is missing some lovely crit. And with a bit of reforging and the socket, the dps cloak will have close to the amount of spirit that a regular heroic cloak would have had, so I don't see a reason to pick the spirit-cloak.

Deleted
    ive literally just finished the Q and got the DPS cloak, i reforged the crit into spirit and upgraded it twice. 1k int + stats is a sick upgrade (im disc/shadow). its a pain to chose which stat to reforge but i chose crit as the other 2 stats are most useful to shadow.

fwiw, the DPS scenario is a bit of a ball ache, the healer one is significantly easier. just if youre using healbot, drag some "normal" healing spells to your bars/binds as his template disappears when you enter combat

lovely upgrade from 522 <3

God forbid legendaries be hard(ish) to get.
    Yeah because all the LFR heroes should get their hands on a ilvl 600 before a heroic raider who clear the place since week 1.

Get a clue please.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    You can only have one in your ENTIRE inventory as of right now. They are only for replacement.
    This doesn't really affect me, disc/shadow going for Jadefire of course, but our tanks are going to be pissed not being able to swap between the two on the fly. I hope that changes in 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Kind of odd, this opinion.

On one hand, you complain people want "easier legendaries," yet on the other you agree with the old method that they just...dropped from a boss...which is about as "easy" as anything can get in this game.

"Easy" =\= took 100+ kills to get. That just takes patience (and RNG).

The old Legendaries just required killing a boss. The WotLK+ Legendaries have all had their fair share of RNG involved, but also include either solo content or require a raid group to defeat bosses a certain way.

I'd say that they're better than they originally were (in terms of how they are acquired) from Shadowmourne through Rogue daggers. This current iteration is just fanservice.

I don't think .01% or less drop rates were easy. Not to mention an entire guild pouring resources into making/obtaining the additional mats/recipes that came only from grinding the shit out of annoying repa, like the dark iron dwarves. If you think that was easier you are terribly mistaken.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Yeah because all the LFR heroes should get their hands on a ilvl 600 before a heroic raider who clear the place since week 1.

Get a clue please.
    I have a clue, you obviously don't. I was referring to someone complaining about not having the cloak due to rng, and I was saying that it's stupid people want it easier and complain that they havnt gotten it yet. Nothing about LFR. So move along.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    It's kind of a joke LFR-level players can get the cloak before heroic raiders, then again it does allow you to keep up when a raid is extended for progression.

I don't think .01% or less drop rates were easy. Not to mention an entire guild pouring resources into making/obtaining the additional mats/recipes that came only from grinding the shit out of annoying repa, like the dark iron dwarves. If you think that was easier you are terribly mistaken.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 09:36 PM ----------

I have a clue, you obviously don't. I was referring to someone complaining about not having the cloak due to rng, and I was saying that it's stupid people want it easier and complain that they havnt gotten it yet. Nothing about LFR. So move along.
    See, the key word here is "easy" (and by extension, "hard").

Killing the boss that drops said loot could be considered "hard" (or "easy", mind you). Once said boss is on farm, how much "harder" (or "easier") is it to get Legendaries from said boss?

Additionally, "easy" and "hard" suggest some amount of skill involved (being two polar opposites of a scale of difficulty). Waiting for RNG to favor you is not "easy" or "hard," it's just annoying as fuck. By extension, waiting for material drops isn't "easy" or "hard," it's just annoying.

That said, I will extend my previous statement: from Shadowmourne up until Tarecgosa's, Legendaries required either solo content, a special way to kill a raid boss, or both...either of which could be argued with, "Made the boss harder" or "The solo content was challenging at an appropriate gear level."
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-06-06 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but I still think you are discounting the "hard" part of the grind. Sure it may not take a grand amount of skill to farm a boss or grind reps or gather mats, but the rarity of an entire guild working towards that solitary purpose made legendaries (along with low drop rates) seem much more fantastic than their current iteration.

I also agree that some solo content that tests a players individual skill and class knowledge is key...but the way it's set up now? It's nice to know that I'll probably get one while the content is current, but it's also depressing lookin at how easy it all ended up being and how many other people are trotting around with it as well. Sort of diminishes the legendary feel.

But hey, the game's changed so I dunno, maybe it's not so terrible.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

none still 0/12 after 9 weeks
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Those rep grinds and drop rates were only 'hard' on your endurance, and even that only statistically.
    Someone totally undeserving could get the drop on his very first try and be done in few runs while a guild that ran the instance for years could just be unlucky and never see a drop for their effords - because in the end those who worked hardest are those who had the worst luck and got it last while those who got it first had to spend the least efford.

Also, only giving one player a legendary item after having the whole group working on it forever is very bad for guilds (because that one player can take away all the others got by simply leaving afterwards, which happened all the time). That was a problem in Classic, a bit in BC, moreso in Wrath, and a bit less again in Cata.
    That sword questline in Wrath was a good start, but they blotched the drop chance, giving it everyone several times who could log in on the patch day and then making it almost unobtainable to balance all those already ingame, thus making it mostly a question of funds for the auction house.
    The current implemention certainly has its downsides (too much grinding, stupid rewards like that 500 stats gem you need drop luck for it to be of use after you already got it, not enough challenges concerning the skill of the player), but it is less likely to put strain on raids and guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It's kind of a joke LFR-level players can get the cloak before heroic raiders, then again it does allow you to keep up when a raid is extended for progression.
    Would've been nice if Ra'Den could give a guaranteed one, like Lei Shen will next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Those rep grinds and drop rates were only 'hard' on your endurance, and even that only statistically.
    Someone totally undeserving could get the drop on his very first try and be done in few runs while a guild that ran the instance for years could just be unlucky and never see a drop for their effords - because in the end those who worked hardest are those who had the worst luck and got it last while those who got it first had to spend the least efford.

Also, only giving one player a legendary item after having the whole group working on it forever is very bad for guilds (because that one player can take away all the others got by simply leaving afterwards, which happened all the time). That was a problem in Classic, a bit in BC, moreso in Wrath, and a bit less again in Cata.
    That sword questline in Wrath was a good start, but they blotched the drop chance, giving it everyone several times who could log in on the patch day and then making it almost unobtainable to balance all those already ingame, thus making it mostly a question of funds for the auction house.
    The current implemention certainly has its downsides (too much grinding, stupid rewards like that 500 stats gem you need drop luck for it to be of use after you already got it, not enough challenges concerning the skill of the player), but it is less likely to put strain on raids and guilds.
    Very simple question: were legendaries far more rare back then? Yes. Then they were, by simple reasoning, harder to obtain. Just because its easy to walk a beach with a metal detector doesn't mean it's easy to find a treasure chest full of pirate booty.

Do I agree that along with that, personal challenges should also test the individual's skill and class knowledge? Most definitely. But the current model just barely tests the player and still affords legendaries to practically everyone who puts in a few hours a week at it.

So no, legendaries are easier to obtain now. I think a combination between the current tests (though harder) and a far less common chance of obtaining a legendary would make the item actually feel like its a step above.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

no one has mentioned this but just as an aside you definitely gain about 20-25k health with fort/DI from this cloak assuming you have a 535/543/541 (never mind over twice the int and secondary stats lol)

When my LFR only alt has the cloak, while my 13/13H farming main is still stuck on 5 stones, yeah, I definitely want it faster. Blizzard's fault for making it so much reliant on RNG. The sane approach would've been to make the drop rate higher in normal and even higher in heroic modes, with probably guaranteed drop from the end boss.