Gemming etc for Gold Challenge modes in 5.3

Greetings!

I recently started playing wow again, and one of the things I looked forward to the most were the Challenge modes, and so far I think they are a blast. I've done 5/9 so far, and cant say its been overly difficult. However I do feel like I struggle a bit on DPS, atleast compared to mental shaman and frost mage. So I have compiled some questions that will follow shortly. I have done my first five as destruction, but have made a demo offspec and am considering trying that as well. My gearing philosophy has been to use pieces with as many gemsockets as possible, remain hitcapped and stack mastery.

1) In 5.3, which warlock spec pushes the most damage overall? Which is the best for AoE/Single target?

2) With the downscaled gear, things like hastecaps go out of the window, would it make sense to gem full intellect almost regardless of spec?

3) If I were to go Demonology, should I use the UVLS even though most fights are so short?

If anyone else has questions regarding locks in Challenge mode i hope this thread can be useful, as it feels to me like alot of the information regarding gold modes is out of date.

Deleted
    For challenge modes i think i'd stick to destro, gemming int ofcourse since you will be nowhere near the ilvl for gemming secondaries.

UVLS might not proc at all during crucial moments, ive heard of people using on use trinkets for CM's

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    For challenge modes i think i'd stick to destro, gemming int ofcourse since you will be nowhere near the ilvl for gemming secondaries.

UVLS might not proc at all during crucial moments, ive heard of people using on use trinkets for CM's
    Hi.

With the change from 10 to 20 mobs as the ceiling for AoE, sadly a lot of the challenge modes has been trivialized beyond belief. But as a rule of thumb, do not pick RPPM trinkets, as they generally will have their proc coefficient scaled down with them. A lot of the 463 trinkets are extremely useful. And the fact that you can change trinket mid-instance is great. The Flashfrozen Resin Globule is something I'd get asap, and if you're an alchemist, I'd pick the Zen Alchemist Stone and the Relic of Yu'lon and not change them, ever, unless you need the Flashfrozen Resin Globule. Nice examples of where you need the FRG will be Mogushan start trash, when you triple pull them. Or the trash before / after Rattlegore.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    As mentioned, destro is probably the best spec to pick atm. Try maximizing your gem slots and rather use items with best itemization, as long as they're over ilvl 463. I went for as much mastery as possible and used the darkmoon and the alchemy trinket.

Deleted
    i did it recently on my warlock alt

Inside the challenge mode dungeon i had hit cap. around 3-4 % haste and rest went to Mastery

Used Gloves with 2 Sockets. belt with 3 and Legs with 3 for some extra stat benefits + Engineering with Invis belt so i can use DPS potions on big aoe packs or bosses.

We had a really good group so we benefited fully from a caster range group
    Paladin Tank
    Disc Healer
    Destro warlock <-- me
    Moonkin / he switched to feral in Cath for the extra interrupt
    Hunter.

I didnt think of the trinket usage however if you are an engineerer aim for the Engi helmet.
    and remember that our lil Demon portal can save a few secs that can make sure that you hit gold

Used it 3 times i think atleast!