1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Zenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    406

    [Feral] To Rune, or Not to Rune?

    As a DoC druid coming back from 5.0, this trinket is such a pain in the ass. How do people live with this trinket? The RNG is driving me insane. It seems to proc at all the worst times. I've reforged my gear as people have suggested but im just not sure if its worth the effort using this trinket.

  2. #2
    I agree, its really a pain, trying to get bleeds up when it pops, and not using anything else till it ends. Plus it always makes energy regen feel god awful slow when it procs, to the point I rebalanced my stats so haste was just above mastery, so when in a raid I'd get the mastery buff and it would push mastery to the top and I'd use it as intended, but when soloing/brawler's guild I get the haste boost for mad speed. I'm not a min/maxer though so my way is probably subpar.

  3. #3
    Kind of agree. Not a fan of this trinket, but my DPS did go up quite a bit using it.

  4. #4
    In terms of fun I can understand why people don't find playing with this enjoyable, but it gives me high numbers so i'm happy to keep it. The RNG is the same with all trinkets this tier though, can't really be escaped.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...decat/advanced
    You seem mad. Are you suffering from some jelly related psychosis?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by InadequatelyDrunk View Post
    In terms of fun I can understand why people don't find playing with this enjoyable, but it gives me high numbers so i'm happy to keep it. The RNG is the same with all trinkets this tier though, can't really be escaped.
    I'd really prefer on-use trinkets, but all of them pretty much work like an on-use trinket with a set CD that's bound to your attack key (which is what most players realistically do with Synapse Springs, etc).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    As a DoC druid coming back from 5.0, this trinket is such a pain in the ass. How do people live with this trinket? The RNG is driving me insane. It seems to proc at all the worst times. I've reforged my gear as people have suggested but im just not sure if its worth the effort using this trinket.
    I've grown pretty accustomed to managing the proc at this point, It was pretty frustrating at first but with the DPS increase that came with it just made me want to use it more. Try to rake at the start, and at the end(both DoC'd if possible), try to set up as many buffs on your rip/final rake as you can(TF/juju/dancing steel,DoC) It's worth waiting a few seconds. Aside from that... pray that it lines up properly.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I agree, its really a pain, trying to get bleeds up when it pops, and not using anything else till it ends. Plus it always makes energy regen feel god awful slow when it procs, to the point I rebalanced my stats so haste was just above mastery, so when in a raid I'd get the mastery buff and it would push mastery to the top and I'd use it as intended, but when soloing/brawler's guild I get the haste boost for mad speed. I'm not a min/maxer though so my way is probably subpar.
    The raid mastery buff doesn't alter your mastery from your items, so you're doing it wrong if you're putting haste above it. Balance solely based on your own tooltip amounts of Haste, Crit and Mastery.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 05:12 PM ----------

    You get used to it, and it's definitely worth it. Remember before the pull to hard cast Healing Touch, then prepot, cat form, Savage Roar, FF on boss, and when you engage you should have Dancing Steel, your other agil trinket proc, and first hit should proc Rune, at which point you Rakex2, pop Tiger's Fury/Berserking, Rake/Mangle to 5 cp, Insta Healing Touch for DoC, Ripx5, Thrash, and one final Rake before the proc ends. Watch the bleeds skyrocket. If time is tight Insta HT at 4 CP, Rake to get 5, then Ripx5 pt and Thrash before proc falls off. After all that, I do find occasionally that the proc happens when I'm out of CP, or need to refresh Roar, and just can't get a Ripx5 off. That's ok. OoC Thrash and a Rake right before the proc ends will still give you really good bleeds. Get Ovale's rotation addon with the Nereion (sp?) scripts for a good DoC rotation helper. IT's a bit buggy atm but typically very spot on to help with Pred Swift procs, Nature's Swift usage, and bleed applications and such.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

    -The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    370
    Rune, forever.

  9. #9
    [QUOTE=Sinister Knight;21366251]The raid mastery buff doesn't alter your mastery from your items, so you're doing it wrong if you're putting haste above it. Balance solely based on your own tooltip amounts of Haste, Crit and Mastery.[COLOR="red"]

    Really? I tested it with a shaman on a test dummy and it was proccing to mastery, maybe I didn't have my stats balanced right. The haste has been far more beneficial and fun to use in solo play, but I''d better get it straightened out.

  10. #10
    If you are finding that the trinket often procs at the "worst times", one thing you can do is to try to minimize how frequently these "worst times" can happen. In particular, if you make some effort to use your finishers at high energy whenever possible, then it's almost impossible for re-origination to proc at such a time that you can't get a rip up. Even if it procs immediately after you cast a finisher, as long as you have 70+ energy you can almost always still generate 5 CP to land a rip during the proc.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Zenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    If you are finding that the trinket often procs at the "worst times", one thing you can do is to try to minimize how frequently these "worst times" can happen. In particular, if you make some effort to use your finishers at high energy whenever possible, then it's almost impossible for re-origination to proc at such a time that you can't get a rip up. Even if it procs immediately after you cast a finisher, as long as you have 70+ energy you can almost always still generate 5 CP to land a rip during the proc.
    Playing with it more is giving me a better feel for it, but I still dont like it. I'm doing almost 105k dps unbuffed on a raid dummy at 509 ilvl, but I feel if I used another trinket itd be almost the same.

    Theres just so many 'ifs' with this trinket. Whats better, rune + doc rake or tf + doc rake? Camping at high energy is sometimes a godsend. Sometimes it ruins my dps. It likes to proc directly after applying a rip, rake, and thrash combo when I have no energy left. Sometimes it procs twice in a row and I dont know what to do with it since all the dots up are tf + rune + doc....

    I picked up WeakAuras to help me keep track of the buff, which has helped. Im gonna stick with it longer, but this is the most ridiculous dps rotation ive ever seen in WoW, ever -_-
    Last edited by Zenko; 2013-06-07 at 05:14 AM.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    370
    Rune+doc rake >> TF+doc rake

    Pro tip; save your TF for only when RoR proc's. You might sit on it for an extra 20-30 seconds, but you will be really happy when you have all that extra energy when it does proc.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Zenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Rune+doc rake >> TF+doc rake

    Pro tip; save your TF for only when RoR proc's. You might sit on it for an extra 20-30 seconds, but you will be really happy when you have all that extra energy when it does proc.
    I'll try that strat tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks.

  14. #14
    Get used to it, it'll probably BiS all next tier.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  15. #15
    I'm guessing that's the LFR version. Since you probably have the Valor trinket if you have Rentaki or Bad Juju I'd go with that until you have a higher item level.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Get used to it, it'll probably BiS all next tier.
    This ^

    I love it, when it procs my damage explodes.

  17. #17
    Sort of away from PvE raiding, but I had a question since I don't kitty often enough to notice. When I was doing Brawler's Guild encounters, whenever I pre-pot with the brawler's agility pots, my Rune will not proc... at all. Sure, they're 2-minutes max and RNG is a cruel mistress, but the trinket should proc almost immediately after extended downtime.

    I wouldn't mind so much if the trinket not proccing didn't tank my DPS so much, especially with some of the new encounters that came out this patch and multi-target swapping. I suppose getting full raid buffs would make it easier, but I like the challenge of just using self-buffs. Anyone else have issues with Rune not proccing if you pre-pot in Brawler's Guild? I'm just sitting one fight away from rank 10, and being able to pre-pot and have Rune proc in the encounter would make it sooo much easier (at least they fixed the orbs on that guy).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-06-07 at 06:43 PM.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  18. #18
    I'm using a 530 Rentaki and Bad Juju and I am having a similar issue with 1 of them not proccing on the pull. Irritating because it has a noticeable impact on DPS to not have both up during Beserk. I just recently got a 522 RoR but I am waiting on more Heroic pieces until I switch to it. I don't recall if I had the same issue with the 502 RoR but it definitely did not proc much in general.

  19. #19
    Haven't noticed anything of the sort myself. Keep in mind the ramp-up on the trinket does reset when you zone into the brawler's guild, so if you're getting fast queues and no rezzes you're not going to have guaranteed trinket procs.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Haven't noticed anything of the sort myself. Keep in mind the ramp-up on the trinket does reset when you zone into the brawler's guild, so if you're getting fast queues and no rezzes you're not going to have guaranteed trinket procs.
    I probably should've mentioned I believe it was hotfixed, with respect to the brawler's agi pot and RoR (had a hunter and rogue in my guild try it out who had the same issues, and no issues anymore). Actually, when they hotfixed the orbs on the last boss before hitting rank 10 to only give 1 stack going through an orb, RoR magically started proc'ing again when I pre-pot... so my guess is that it was lumped in with that fix.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •