Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Our bad guys Austerity does not work and we accidentally caused a 5+ year recession in the Eurozone leading to millions of jobs lost and trillions in wealth destroyed.
    Hah, laughable. Come back when the US is finally forced to pay back its debt, then we'll see who is in bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So....how many successes has the IMF actually had? I'm pretty sure the Eurozone crisis has not increased the overall success rate of the IMF's lending practices.

If there is anything to be done to help the world, it would be to eliminate the IMF and WTO.
    Well the Baltic nations has done reasonable well, but... they've also suffered from it, that is in the nature of austerity. The economic crisis of 2008 hit them extremely hard, Latvias economy shrunk by 17.7% in 2009, Estonias and Lithuanias economy shrunk with around 15%. They still havn't fully caught up with that but all 3 have had solid growth since then, Estonias economy grew by 8% in 2010, the others by roughly 5%, since then they've averaged around 3% per year.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Nope. But a more centralized EU given the power to enforce tax regulations and the like would.
    The rich would bribe the government to ignore tax loopholes and make sure they pay hardly any taxes until the whole system crashes after which the rich will still be rich.

Corrupt politicians abused their EU membership. Cut them loose already. Let them fail to force them to modernize.