SV talent choice, AmoC vs Blink Strikes

I'm always play as SV, just sometimes switch to BM if i feel it.
    I haven't looked in femaledwarf for few weeks, since i don't have any gear changes, so was no point.
    Today i checked it and boom.
    I was playing always with Fevor + Amoc and it shows 167k dps or 100%. WIth Fevor + Blink strikes 171.4k dps or +2.7%. Other combinations are bad, minus 5-8k dps.
    I'm happy with my dps overall, i do pull pretty much maximum i can in my gear (~170k on durumu N, ~176+k on twins N, other fights have adds or 3+ targets so dps changes).
    But if i can do 3-5k more dps without gear changes and with just switching from amoc to blink strikes, why not? I can't test it yet, my next raid is on sunday, so what do you say, its a good idea going to blink strikes as survival?

Depends on fight duration, but I just roll with Blink Strikes all the time because I don't pay too much attention to fight lengths anyway.

This is how aMoC usage almost always goes if used on CD:

0:00 - 1st
    0:30 - 2nd(Readiness)
    2:30 - 3rd
    4:30 - 4th*
    5:00 - 5th*(Readiness)
    7:00 - 6th
    9:00 - 7th

*You can choose to delay 4th until you are about to readiness+stamp if you use Pot/other raid CDs at the 5min mark. Or if a trinket procs(Like Renataki), use the 4th aMoC immediately without delaying until Stamp+Readiness

Generally, If the time on the list above +0:25 is how long boss lasts, then aMoC is the clear winner, also if a fight lasts for 6 minutes, aMoC should be the winner also due to Readiness.

There have already been threads on the same topic.. use the search function next time..

On paper it usually is a dps loss (surprised it's a boost for you, maybe you didn't sim it properly).. But it is tough to get the full benefit from AMoC.. if you use it perfectly then it is a tiny bit better, but in a real raid environment the odds of that happening are pretty slim.. BS being a passive will have it's full uptime and be even better on fights where there is target switching so your pet doesn't waste time running around.. I'd say go with BS for sure..

Saoron
    Damn my bad, i did find the topic. I searched, but could not find it...
    And yeah, after switching from BS to Amoc i forgot to put Amoc in to rotation... Bleh...
    BS is 1544dps minus or 0.8% with my settings. I just going to use BS on mutli target fights and amoc on 1/2 target fights. Should work well.
    Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    There have already been threads on the same topic.. use the search function next time..

On paper it usually is a dps loss (surprised it's a boost for you, maybe you didn't sim it properly).. But it is tough to get the full benefit from AMoC.. if you use it perfectly then it is a tiny bit better, but in a real raid environment the odds of that happening are pretty slim.. BS being a passive will have it's full uptime and be even better on fights where there is target switching so your pet doesn't waste time running around.. I'd say go with BS for sure..
    I'll be honest, I find it hard to believe that hunters are so bad at getting AMoC off cooldown that they're losing an entire use on a 2 min ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post

You act as though all the posts on this forum are unique questions. If a topic is not on the main page its going to get asked again, that is just how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    You act as though all the posts on this forum are unique questions. If a topic is not on the main page its going to get asked again, that is just how it goes.
    Because sometimes taking a book to your own hand is better than asking about the book from others. If you learn how stuff works, you'll become a better player yourself instead of always asking others and mindlessly agreeing to whatever they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because sometimes taking a book to your own hand is better than asking about the book from others. If you learn how stuff works, you'll become a better player yourself instead of always asking others and mindlessly agreeing to whatever they say.
    If you have not realized yet that people will keep asking the same questions over and over yet... then maybe you should learn how stuff works on this forum too?

A decent rule of thumb if you aren't totally sold on AMOC as the default choice is to use it when the situation benefits it in some way. For example, on Jin'rokh you can make use of the fluidity puddles to get more out of AMOC (obviously blink strikes does more damage during the puddles too, but since its damage is spread out evenly the puddles benefit AMOC more if you time it properly). Ji-kun is another example; if you can line up AMOC with the primal nutriment damage buff you make it a lot stronger.

The other type of fight where AMOC works well is multi-target fights (not groups of adds but a small number of larger targets). On these fights you can sometimes get your 2nd AMOC cast on a secondary target without waiting 30 seconds for it to fall off the main target and/or make better use of the fact that the cooldown is halved when you cast it on a target below 20%. Some good examples of fights like this are (mostly talking about heroic here) council of elders, iron qon, and twin consorts.